Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 127445 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: January 03, 2018, 05:08:42 pm »

can we go back to more reasonable insane conspiracy theories, like my still yet to be disproven ashersky-robz lynch bait

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:43 pm »

Please carefully explain to me what I did last night if I'm scum, and why I did what I did today then.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 03, 2018, 05:10:10 pm »

Right... so the scum team picked me out of a hat to ask gkrieg that question, on the off chance that
a) he did target me
b) he'll claim it

?

Of course. Your supposed PR plays it perfectly. Why wouldn't scum?

Right, because scum!me doctored faust. I'm such a genius mafia player, such a next level play.

Scum you doesn't go around saying "Hey guys! I'm scum!", does he? What's your argument again? That you've claimed to do something that scum you wouldn't do? And I'm arguing... *gasp*! That you didn't do what you claimed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 03, 2018, 05:11:14 pm »

can we go back to more reasonable insane conspiracy theories, like my still yet to be disproven ashersky-robz lynch bait

I'm torn because I want to say under-the-radar-ash is scum!ash, but he's VLA-ish, so meh. Robz has been kinda townie today, too.

I'd be more inclined to lynch the people completely avoiding this whole conversation, like Swan or IDPTG.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 03, 2018, 05:11:21 pm »

You said it yourself. You wanted to know if your Oracle result was true or not.

Well that could support the lone Teproc!scum theory, sure. Not really the Teproc and O scum theory.

It supports both. What if Gkrieg says "No, I didn't"? Then Teproc looks like a tool unless O is there to swoop in and take credit for the block.

And then the chances of lynching O would be verrrry high. I don't think O and Teproc would have agreed to put O in the position of having to pull off a really good fake, just to stick it to gkrieg. I think one would have talked the other out of this plan. I watched how the proceeded as Masons, it was smart and thoughtful and cautious. This seems reckless.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 03, 2018, 05:11:44 pm »

I'm still willing to hammer him!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 03, 2018, 05:11:58 pm »

Right... so the scum team picked me out of a hat to ask gkrieg that question, on the off chance that
a) he did target me
b) he'll claim it

?

Right, because scum!me doctored faust. I'm such a genius mafia player, such a next level play.

Scum you doesn't go around saying "Hey guys! I'm scum!", does he? What's your argument again? That you've claimed to do something that scum you wouldn't do? And I'm arguing... *gasp*! That you didn't do what you claimed.

No you're not. You're not arguing anything coherent. I still am waiting to know what scum!me did at night in your scenario.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 03, 2018, 05:13:06 pm »

Please carefully explain to me what I did last night if I'm scum, and why I did what I did today then.

You did nothing you goon. But town!You COULD have. Which made you claiming to have been unable to save Faust the perfect cover to try and reveal if Gkrieg is active. In the scenario where O is scum as well, it provides a backup claim to protect you if Gkrieg won't cooperate.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 03, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »

You did nothing you goon. But town!You COULD have. Which made you claiming to have been unable to save Faust the perfect cover to try and reveal if Gkrieg is active. In the scenario where O is scum as well, it provides a backup claim to protect you if Gkrieg won't cooperate.

Alright so you think the scum team randomly picked one of their members to probe gkrieg ? Like... why ? It's so random, why would I have any expectation that gkrieg targeted me if he has that power, let alone answer me that he did ?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 03, 2018, 05:14:59 pm »

a) he did target me
b) he'll claim it

?

No you're not. You're not arguing anything coherent. I still am waiting to know what scum!me did at night in your scenario.

Here, maybe reading it a second time will help you out:

Is Galz vla?

More that I'm enjoying my last few days off before work begins again on the 4th. :P

Sorry - I'm up to date on everything. I'll post thoughts and opinions tomorrow.

The odds that scum target Faust to kill, town!Teproc targets Faust to Doctor, and town!O targets Teproc to Roleblock seem pretty extreme. There's a lot of people in this game. And we must remember this IS classified as Normal, not Role Madness. So Joseph (PR) dies, passing his power to O (PR), who uses it on Teproc (PR), who targeted Faust. And in the midst of this, Mcmc and Robz have clearly claimed that Mcmc is a PR.

That's 4 PR's. And that all collides N1? Not impossible. But also reeeeeally not likely.

Starting at the back:

If O is scum and Teproc town:
- Then Teproc was blocked or redirected. Gkrieg could be in play here as a potential O partner, or O could've inherited Roleblocker. Killing one potential Doctor while blocking/redirecting another is a solid scum play.

If O is town and Teproc is scum:
- Then Teproc never intended (or couldn't) to try and save Faust. So why drag Gkrieg into this? Because he needed to know if the Oracle result got flipped. So he fake claimed the Doctor on Faust to try and get Gkrieg to spill beans. This points towards town!Gkrieg, as it's unlikely a play they're making together. The problem is... what if Gkrieg says he didn't redirect Teproc, and O claims to have not blocked anybody? That sets up a Teproc/O/Gkrieg lynch scenario because somebody must be lying. Which brings us to:

If O is scum AND Teproc is scum:
The play is to claim to have Doctored Faust (Teproc), trying to pull information from Gkrieg on if he's active or not. In the event Gkrieg refuses to respond or says he didn't redirect, O can come in and claim to have blocked Teproc. "I didn't know the roles" is an easy cover for O to make here to explain away a small detail.

And then there's Robz and Mcmc. Robz has read townie to me so far this game. Mcmc has not. I'm inclined to believe that Mcmc IS an active PR though, and unless he targeted Faust as well last night then there should be somebody else in game that can confirm that he is. It's quite possible they're both town. It's unlikely they're both scum. Right now I'm inclined to lynch neither of them.

From D1, I was town on Gkrieg, null-ish on O, and scummy on Teproc. Faust too found Teproc scummy, which says something as his reads are usually pretty good. I think with what's happened today I still prefer a vote: Teproc.

I don't believe that all of {Joseph, O, Teproc, Mcmc} are PR's. And given Joseph is confirmed town, I believe there's at least one scum amongst the remainder there. I don't believe lynching Mcmc makes sense today, and of the two remaining I find Teproc more suspicious.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 03, 2018, 05:15:24 pm »

I'm torn because I want to say under-the-radar-ash is scum!ash, but he's VLA-ish, so meh. Robz has been kinda townie today, too.

I'd be more inclined to lynch the people completely avoiding this whole conversation, like Swan or IDPTG.

Despite my willingness to hammer ashersky, yeah, I'm not actually reading him as scum at this point.

DS is very lurky, which is scummy, but it's so egregious at this point, him being an overwhelmed VT should also be strongly considered. IDP would be my preferred lynch here, I think my earlier suspicion is still valid.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 03, 2018, 05:16:31 pm »

Also chairs has been criminally overlooked, and my case on mcmc still stands.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 03, 2018, 05:18:21 pm »

Alright so you think the scum team randomly picked one of their members to probe gkrieg ? Like... why ? It's so random, why would I have any expectation that gkrieg targeted me if he has that power, let alone answer me that he did ?

It's not random! You're not random! If you WERE town you could have had the ability to save him. That makes you a perfect claim to try and pull information from Gkrieg.

The argument is that you couldn't (no PR) or wouldn't (duh) actually doctor Faust. But claiming to have done so and failed means something is up. There are only two people that could cause this, and one of them, Gkrieg, is exactly the person scum wants to know about.

Why WOULDN'T you do this as scum?

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 03, 2018, 05:19:42 pm »

Right, but the chance of success is so low (it only works if gkrieg is a PR who targeted me), how is it even remotely close to being worth it ?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 03, 2018, 05:20:04 pm »

Robz, maybe. Ash, no.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 03, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »

I also think we're overvaluing the Oracle, as historically these kinds of powers haven't been amazing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 03, 2018, 05:25:00 pm »

Right, but the chance of success is so low (it only works if gkrieg is a PR who targeted me), how is it even remotely close to being worth it ?

To that point, I've been meaning to switch to Vote: O.

As EFHW pointed out, in a "only one of you is scum" scenario, O is the more likely. I'm not as big a fan of the "only one" scenario because here scum needs to worry about EFHW tracking unless:

EFHW is scum
or
Gkrieg is scum and redirected EFHW.

But it's still more likely that only one of you is scum over both of you - and if it's both, O is still the better vote.

Mafia Record:

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 03, 2018, 05:34:06 pm »

Also I wasn't insulted in any personal manner. I just think your understanding of the odds in this game seems even worse than Galzria's, who at least could have a point with merit somewhere in there
No need to insult me, then, either.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 03, 2018, 05:35:38 pm »

Also I wasn't insulted in any personal manner. I just think your understanding of the odds in this game seems even worse than Galzria's, who at least could have a point with merit somewhere in there
No need to insult me, then, either.

i don't recall doing so

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:18 pm »

As EFHW pointed out, in a "only one of you is scum" scenario, O is the more likely. I'm not as big a fan of the "only one" scenario because here scum needs to worry about EFHW tracking unless:

EFHW is scum
or

But it's still more likely that only one of you is scum over both of you - and if it's both, O is still the better vote.

this is a far scummier vote now than if it was just placed after I admitted to roleblocking

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 03, 2018, 05:40:51 pm »

EFHW is scum
or

this is a far scummier vote now than if it was just placed after I admitted to roleblocking

Meh

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 03, 2018, 07:07:05 pm »

Is anybody prodable? I feel like there are many people not contributing right now.

Prod All eligible players.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 03, 2018, 07:16:04 pm »

Vote: Galzria

pretty bizarre galzria i've seen today. I think he smelled blood in the water and now is panicking when it didn't pan out

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 03, 2018, 07:26:57 pm »

pretty bizarre galzria i've seen today. I think he smelled blood in the water and now is panicking when it didn't pan out

That might be.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2018, 07:31:06 pm »

Look everybody, I'm 2 for 2 on the scum buddies OMGUS'inh me. Quite entertaining.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.