Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126234 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2018, 02:55:45 pm »

Including Joseph in this is ludicrous to start with as he's not an unknown. It's like saying it's unlikely this exact group of players would be playing a game of mafia together or something.

Besides, the only unreasonable thing is that O misread Ascetic. Which, maybe he didn't and he's just scum, but everything else is pretty obvious stuff: faust was an obvious NK target (powerful PR on one of the most respected town players), which made my decision relatively easy (it's much easier to guess the kill than the killer in general)... and then O targeting me is only surprising because of the Ascetic thing. O was clearly suspicious of me on D1.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 03, 2018, 02:56:31 pm »

The most unlikely thing of all is that you (Galz) would make this crappy an argument.

So, you know, lynch Galz, people.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 03, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »

i want to point out that i just took the text literally... if ascetic was a Dominion card, the card would be executed by my interpretation.

still my bad tho

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 03, 2018, 03:01:58 pm »

The most unlikely thing of all is that you (Galz) would make this crappy an argument.

Yes, people, do. And when Galz flips yet another town PR you can all realize what idiots you've been and go back and MAYBE salvage this game by lynching Teproc/O.

Or, you know, maybe you can realize that my arguments against the unlikely nature of ALL these players being town and PR's are because I myself am a town PR and this is a NORMAL game, so with 13 players alive there aren't freaking 5 Town PR's - and all this crap with Teproc and O is ridiculously unlikely to begin with!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 03, 2018, 03:04:23 pm »

Yes, people, do. And when Galz flips yet another town PR you can all realize what idiots you've been and go back and MAYBE salvage this game by lynching Teproc/O.

Or, you know, maybe you can realize that my arguments against the unlikely nature of ALL these players being town and PR's are because I myself am a town PR and this is a NORMAL game, so with 13 players alive there aren't freaking 5 Town PR's - and all this crap with Teproc and O is ridiculously unlikely to begin with!

I'd guesstimate 6 town PRs vs 3 scum PRs actually?
Actually.. there could even be 4 scum. That would pretty easily justify loading town PRs.

the town PRs are super weak, minus the doctor/tracker. It's not like we're playing with cops here.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 03, 2018, 03:05:58 pm »

but really it's not like I'm sold on Teproc being town. He easily could have shot his tracker shot and known he was interrupted.

It's just I don't see a convincing argument for town to reduce the lynch pool like that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 03, 2018, 03:15:16 pm »

I'd guesstimate 6 town PRs vs 3 scum PRs actually?
Actually.. there could even be 4 scum. That would pretty easily justify loading town PRs.

the town PRs are super weak, minus the doctor/tracker. It's not like we're playing with cops here.

If that's indeed the setup then this will once again be my last game here for some while. I got sick of Normal classed games being RMM after Modern Community before. There's an expectation set forth when you classify games, and it's the mod breaking trust with the players to present something different.

Until proven wrong, I'll continue to operate under the assumption that the game is actually setup like it's classified. 13 players, 3-4 town PR's, 1-2 scum PR's, and about 50% vanilla.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 03, 2018, 03:17:59 pm »

That's your prerogative but I can't help but think of what early setups were often like and chuckle.

And I don't know why you would read "it's guaranteed there is at least one vanilla" and draw the conclusion that it's going to be 50%+ vanilla

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 03, 2018, 03:21:22 pm »

That's your prerogative but I can't help but think of what early setups were often like and chuckle.

And I don't know why you would read "it's guaranteed there is at least one vanilla" and draw the conclusion that it's going to be 50%+ vanilla

The conclusion was drawn based on the classification, not that statement. There's a reason these guidelines exist.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 03, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »

5 town PRs would not be RMM. You played Lost Mafia and M100 which were closer to RMM than this would be, but I guess that's another discussion. The RMM-y thing here is that there are multiple possibilities for redirection, but again: not really the time and place for that discussion I think.

Also, yeah, O could be scum. mcmc could be scum too. I don't see that the fact that they're claiming PRs makes them more likely than anyone else to be.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (N0)
« Reply #710 on: January 03, 2018, 03:36:53 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

Teproc (3): gkrieg13, DatSwan, Galzria
O (3): ashersky, EFHW, Eevee
mcmcsalot (1): Robz888
Robz888 (2): chairs, mcmcsalot
Galzria (1): Teproc

Not Voting (2): O, IDontPlayThisGame
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end January 8th at 7:00 PM

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2018, 04:00:04 pm »

I think the point is that it's pretty unlikely for all these pr's to interact like you (plural) claim they have. Much simpler explanation is that someone's lying.

It's maybe unlikely there are so many PR's, but O blocking Teproc's doctor shot is not long odds at all. O knew he was roleblocker, so the chances of that are not relevant. He knew, I presume, that faust would be the most likely nk, so that's not long odds. Teproc was the only one with possible power to protect faust. His ascetic power was not that dangerous to town - who did O think Teproc would be targeting?

O brought up long odds as part of his defense. But it isn't really a defense in my mind at all. It makes me suspicious when people try to persuade me with illogical arguments.

O: Who did you think Teproc would target?

Galz: I followed your what ifs for the different combination of scum/town O/Teproc, but I'm wondering why you ended up on Teproc. The town!O/scum!Teproc combination didn't work, whereas all the scum!O scenarios seem plausible.

vote: O

You claim that town!O should have known this was a likely outcome. This assumes prior knowledge that

1) Faust is town (I scumread Faust)
2) Teproc is town (I scumread Teproc)
3) Teproc is a PR
4) Scum fear doctor over tracker (which is wrong, IMO) or that tracker is scum (oh hey look)
5) No other PR interrupts this flow

You assume that I should make two assumptions about alignment that completely contradict the reads I made yesterday.

You also assume I should default think all of this when I learned I was Roleblocker only the night of, in the middle of holiday season

Beyond that, there's some odd circular logic in what you're proposing. You claim it was obvious to me that Teproc would Doctor Faust, and that scum would NK Faust, and that I'm lying about the low odds in my mind. You then claim that implies I'm scum. Why would I run such a ridiculously stupid gambit, putting myself in the hotseat like that? If was as omniscient as you claim, it would be clear to me that blocking Teproc would either be useless or would be net harmful. There's loads of WIFOM in your argument in that I'm smart enough to make all the deductions which you have so brilliantly made after the fact (truly amazing deductive skills)... but not smart enough to keep myself out of the hotseat after making those deductions.

Actually I have another theory -- that you aren't considering the alignment assumptions you make in your analysis because you know their alignments.

P.S.:
my math major background cries at the bastardization of the meaning of the words "logical" and "illogical" that you perpetuate.

Sorry you are so angry, I wasn't trying to insult you. Even if you had scumreads on faust and Teproc, you couldn't have been sure after just D1. Leaving Teproc free to protect faust can't hurt if faust is scum and can help if they are both town. But I'm not trying to criticize your town play, though if you are town then I recognize that is what I am doing, I think your explanations don't hang together as a town!narrative. Then you talked about this being an unlikely outcome, when it isn't.

You haven't said who you were worried town!teproc would target (with the version of his power as you understood it).

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2018, 04:11:51 pm »

That should say scum!Teproc.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 03, 2018, 04:21:14 pm »

5 town PRs would not be RMM. You played Lost Mafia and M100 which were closer to RMM than this would be, but I guess that's another discussion. The RMM-y thing here is that there are multiple possibilities for redirection, but again: not really the time and place for that discussion I think.

Also, yeah, O could be scum. mcmc could be scum too. I don't see that the fact that they're claiming PRs makes them more likely than anyone else to be.

Yes this 100%. Even in like the normal JK+ or C9+ or whatever it is, you can easily get 5 town PRs out of 13.

Galz seems to be making an argument for what he'd like the setup to be, rather than what it clearly is. This does strike me as a frustrated scum thing, more often than not.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2018, 04:23:43 pm »

Yes this 100%. Even in like the normal JK+ or C9+ or whatever it is, you can easily get 5 town PRs out of 13.

Galz seems to be making an argument for what he'd like the setup to be, rather than what it clearly is. This does strike me as a frustrated scum thing, more often than not.

You've evaded my question every time. Good job.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2018, 04:23:58 pm »

Galz being frustrated scum would make me even more confident Teproc/O/gkrieg are all town, because that's something that could frustrate him, realizing all these townies have PRs. It undercuts my scum!mcmc read a bit though, because to be fair he would belong in that list too. Hmm.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:07 pm »

What's your question? I'm sorry.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:23 pm »

What's your question? I'm sorry.

Fixing: What's your question? Sorry about that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2018, 04:26:07 pm »

Also a big difference between this game and Modern Community is that it's fully open. We know all possible PRs. I think those games get more latitude to be described as Normal.

I don't want Galz to leave though!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2018, 04:26:33 pm »

Galz's case on Teproc confuses the heck out of me. It seems pretty clear to me, bordering on inarguable, that gkrieg/Teproc/O/mcmc all have the powers they claim they had, and all did what they say they did.

Why? I strongly disagree with EFHW that it was "all obvious N1 who's actions would target who". And there are plenty of reasonable (more so then them all being town, I would argue) scenarios for one (or more) of them to be scum.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: January 03, 2018, 04:27:32 pm »

Galz being frustrated scum would make me even more confident Teproc/O/gkrieg are all town, because that's something that could frustrate him, realizing all these townies have PRs. It undercuts my scum!mcmc read a bit though, because to be fair he would belong in that list too. Hmm.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:04 pm »

I think the point is that it's pretty unlikely for all these pr's to interact like you (plural) claim they have. Much simpler explanation is that someone's lying.

It's maybe unlikely there are so many PR's, but O blocking Teproc's doctor shot is not long odds at all. O knew he was roleblocker, so the chances of that are not relevant. He knew, I presume, that faust would be the most likely nk, so that's not long odds. Teproc was the only one with possible power to protect faust. His ascetic power was not that dangerous to town - who did O think Teproc would be targeting?

O brought up long odds as part of his defense. But it isn't really a defense in my mind at all. It makes me suspicious when people try to persuade me with illogical arguments.

O: Who did you think Teproc would target?

Galz: I followed your what ifs for the different combination of scum/town O/Teproc, but I'm wondering why you ended up on Teproc. The town!O/scum!Teproc combination didn't work, whereas all the scum!O scenarios seem plausible.

vote: O

You claim that town!O should have known this was a likely outcome. This assumes prior knowledge that

1) Faust is town (I scumread Faust)
2) Teproc is town (I scumread Teproc)
3) Teproc is a PR
4) Scum fear doctor over tracker (which is wrong, IMO) or that tracker is scum (oh hey look)
5) No other PR interrupts this flow

You assume that I should make two assumptions about alignment that completely contradict the reads I made yesterday.

You also assume I should default think all of this when I learned I was Roleblocker only the night of, in the middle of holiday season

Beyond that, there's some odd circular logic in what you're proposing. You claim it was obvious to me that Teproc would Doctor Faust, and that scum would NK Faust, and that I'm lying about the low odds in my mind. You then claim that implies I'm scum. Why would I run such a ridiculously stupid gambit, putting myself in the hotseat like that? If was as omniscient as you claim, it would be clear to me that blocking Teproc would either be useless or would be net harmful. There's loads of WIFOM in your argument in that I'm smart enough to make all the deductions which you have so brilliantly made after the fact (truly amazing deductive skills)... but not smart enough to keep myself out of the hotseat after making those deductions.

Actually I have another theory -- that you aren't considering the alignment assumptions you make in your analysis because you know their alignments.

P.S.:
my math major background cries at the bastardization of the meaning of the words "logical" and "illogical" that you perpetuate.

Sorry you are so angry, I wasn't trying to insult you. Even if you had scumreads on faust and Teproc, you couldn't have been sure after just D1. Leaving Teproc free to protect faust can't hurt if faust is scum and can help if they are both town. But I'm not trying to criticize your town play, though if you are town then I recognize that is what I am doing, I think your explanations don't hang together as a town!narrative. Then you talked about this being an unlikely outcome, when it isn't.

You haven't said who you were worried town!teproc would target (with the version of his power as you understood it).

my version of the power was global, not targeted.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 03, 2018, 04:30:44 pm »

Well, claiming waaaaaaaaaay too early is actually a very town!Galz thing to do. (I remember watching his insanely premature candidate claim in Lost Mafia.)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 03, 2018, 04:32:38 pm »

Also I wasn't insulted in any personal manner. I just think your understanding of the odds in this game seems even worse than Galzria's, who at least could have a point with merit somewhere in there

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 03, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »

Well, claiming waaaaaaaaaay too early is actually a very town!Galz thing to do. (I remember watching his insanely premature candidate claim in Lost Mafia.)

Scum Galz does the same thing. Don't artificially assign town points places they don't belong to make yourself seem more reasonable.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 20 queries.