Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126382 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »

Vote: Teproc

Why ?

Not sure about faust's reasoning, but for my part I heartily dispute the idea that I'm setting up subsequent lynches of any sort, and I resent your implication that that's what I'm doing. I said gkrieg being town would make mcmc scummier, and vice versa (well not vice versa... you know what I mean), and hey, that's absolutely true, can you even dispute it? You jumped on the comment and claimed it was scummy, when really it's just, you know, doing basic scum hunting. Of course a gkrieg flip says something about mcmc.

It is not absolutely true, not even close. gkrieg flipping town would not make mcmc scummier to me in any way... town is on mislynches all the time.

Specifically, you saying "let's lynch gkrieg because mcmc believes in it and I think he's town but if he's wrong, well..." is super scummy. It's both absolving you of responsibility for the gkrieg lynch and totally setting up two mislynches : gkrieg and mcmc. Well, you know, that's assuming they're town, which who knows, but that's the way in which your thing was scummy.

Did you miss Mafia 107, where town!mcmc correctly fixated on gkrieg as scum very early on? If mcmc is wrong about gkrieg here, after being so right about gkrieg that other time--not that long ago--I'm saying to myself, what's different, is what's different that mcmc is now scum, that definitely could be. The whole "oh, but town players can make mistakes" thing is true in general but not always, and here's a good example of why that is.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:52 pm »

As promised:

1. mcmcsalot - Not sure.
2. ashersky - Town for now. The way he went about claiming Bowser reminds me of town!ash.
3. Galzria - I don't have much to back it up, but he seems towny.
4. DatSwan - Null. I don't like the tone of some of his posts, but that isn't much for me to base a read off.
5. Robz888 - He mentioned a read of seanbean as if it was something real and a couple other things that people have said. I also think he's vanilla scum, so I'm fine with the "lynch ash if Robz hammers" plan. Which of course backfires if it's vanilla!ash.
6. seanbean - Scummy. I believe new!town finds a way to post whereas new!scum might not know what to say and try to hide. However, the complete lack of other posts might invalidate that a bit.
7. Eevee - Didn't see much from Andrew, haven't formed an opinion of Eevee yet.
8. faust - Townish I guess.
9. Joseph2302 - scummy for the SK bit and meta argument.
10. gkrieg13 - I just did a reread and I already forgot why I found him scummy.
11. Teproc - Not sure
12. chairs - Not sure
14. O - Not sure

And before anyone calls me out on it, yes, I know that doesn't say a ton other than scumreading Robz. But it's what I've got. I'm at a training for a lot of today.

Pushing very hard for a mislynch is more townie than scummy on day 1 I would say, in general.

Eh. Disagree.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2017, 01:05:15 pm »

Pushing very hard for a mislynch is more townie than scummy on day 1 I would say, in general.

I don't know if that's true, I think certain scum players push very hard for Day 1 mislynches precisely because of the theory you outlined, they can just turn around be like "well, I was wrong, but town mislynches all the time, don't you know that, just ask Teproc."

I also don't know if mcmc is pushing *very* hard against gkrieg. Also also you seem pretty confident gkrieg would be a mislynch, or at least, you keep phrasing it that way by default.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

I think this is townRobz.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »

Why ?
Your scumread on DatSwan looks fake. Your are very comfortable for scum: willing to lynch all candidates except one (Joseph), without much of a reason why. You voted DatSwan for what he said about his seanbean vote when for all I can tell you voted him for the very same reasons, just not being explicit. oh, there's also the fact that you pushed one of the strongest potential PRs without any solid reasoning.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2017, 01:25:38 pm »

6. seanbean - Scummy. I believe new!town finds a way to post whereas new!scum might not know what to say and try to hide. However, the complete lack of other posts might invalidate that a bit.
this is also ridiculous reasoning, as Idplay manages to figure out himself in the second part of the quote, but somehow still puts a "scummy" label.

I would also be willing to lynch here I suppose.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »

Um, Idplay, want to do some target announcing?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2017, 01:30:40 pm »

Idplay is contributing more than Joseph, although one could make the argument that Joseph's lack of useful content isn't alignment indicative.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2017, 01:49:56 pm »

Vote: IDPTG

I like fausts's case on teproc the second best.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:11 pm »

I think the scummiest thing Idplay did there was leave without placing a vote. Everybody should be voting at this point.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2017, 01:57:17 pm »

I think the scummiest thing Idplay did there was leave without placing a vote. Everybody should be voting at this point.
That is scummy though. So Vote: IDPTG since the wagon on seanbean doesn't seem to be happening
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »

Teproc is towny.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (N0)
« Reply #487 on: December 28, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »

Vote Count 1.8

gkrieg13(2): mcmcsalot, Robz888
Joseph202(3): gkrieg13, Galzria, chairs
Robz888 (1): ashersky
Teproc (1): faust
IDPTG (2): Eevee, Joseph2302
DatSwan(1): Teproc
seanbean(1): DatSwan

Not Voting (3): seanbean, IDontPlayThisGame, O

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 will end December 28th at 7:00 PM.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 28, 2017, 03:08:52 pm »

Why ?

Not sure about faust's reasoning, but for my part I heartily dispute the idea that I'm setting up subsequent lynches of any sort, and I resent your implication that that's what I'm doing. I said gkrieg being town would make mcmc scummier, and vice versa (well not vice versa... you know what I mean), and hey, that's absolutely true, can you even dispute it? You jumped on the comment and claimed it was scummy, when really it's just, you know, doing basic scum hunting. Of course a gkrieg flip says something about mcmc.

It is not absolutely true, not even close. gkrieg flipping town would not make mcmc scummier to me in any way... town is on mislynches all the time.

Specifically, you saying "let's lynch gkrieg because mcmc believes in it and I think he's town but if he's wrong, well..." is super scummy. It's both absolving you of responsibility for the gkrieg lynch and totally setting up two mislynches : gkrieg and mcmc. Well, you know, that's assuming they're town, which who knows, but that's the way in which your thing was scummy.

Did you miss Mafia 107, where town!mcmc correctly fixated on gkrieg as scum very early on? If mcmc is wrong about gkrieg here, after being so right about gkrieg that other time--not that long ago--I'm saying to myself, what's different, is what's different that mcmc is now scum, that definitely could be. The whole "oh, but town players can make mistakes" thing is true in general but not always, and here's a good example of why that is.

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't particularly recall that part of M107, no.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 28, 2017, 03:10:25 pm »

Why ?
Your scumread on DatSwan looks fake. Your are very comfortable for scum: willing to lynch all candidates except one (Joseph), without much of a reason why. You voted DatSwan for what he said about his seanbean vote when for all I can tell you voted him for the very same reasons, just not being explicit. oh, there's also the fact that you pushed one of the strongest potential PRs without any solid reasoning.
My vote on seanbean keeps being misrepresented as a vote for inactivity, when it is a vote for claiming immediately without hesitation, something that was actually discussed so you might think people would know about it.

Also, what's scummy is not the vote or the reason for it, but the awkwardness of the justification and the timing. Two people can post the exact same thing but one can be scummy and the other townie just because of context. But you know that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 28, 2017, 03:11:05 pm »

I guess my vote is not very useful where it is.

vote: gkrieg

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 28, 2017, 03:29:02 pm »

really the only townie thing d1 is lynching scum

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 28, 2017, 03:30:39 pm »

Vote: Ashersky

bold argumentative ashersky was scum ashersky with my sample size n = 1.

i don't like the way his wagon died entirely randomly.

These arbitrary "eh I guess I could vote for Gkrieg" votes seem fishy. Don't see why people are townreading teproc

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 28, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »

Why ?
My vote on seanbean keeps being misrepresented as a vote for inactivity, when it is a vote for claiming immediately without hesitation, something that was actually discussed so you might think people would know about it.

Also, what's scummy is not the vote or the reason for it, but the awkwardness of the justification and the timing. Two people can post the exact same thing but one can be scummy and the other townie just because of context. But you know that.
You're right about your reasons for seanbean of course. I forgot because well there were holidays in between and I still don't have a lot of time here. I don't agree with your reasoning and I think voting for seanbean is bad, but you did give a reason.

I could vote Idplay, but it's not really a high-value target. If that guy is a PR, it's one that gives zero benefit to scum. On the other hand, as scum, we will get info from him and there's a good chance that he will die.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:27 pm »

I actually think Joseph is scummy here. I could vote IDPTG as well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

These arbitrary "eh I guess I could vote for Gkrieg" votes seem fishy. Don't see why people are townreading teproc

What's your sample size?

I agree that Teproc's vote was a little fishy. It was very "please forget I did something that got me in trouble, I'm moving my vote" of him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »

Hm, I agree with O. Well, ash is generally bold argumentative, but the rest is fine.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2017, 03:41:13 pm »

I actually think Joseph is scummy here. I could vote IDPTG as well.
Ok then.

Vote: Joseph

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2017, 03:41:26 pm »

Why ?

You're right about your reasons for seanbean of course. I forgot because well there were holidays in between and I still don't have a lot of time here. I don't agree with your reasoning and I think voting for seanbean is bad, but you did give a reason.

I could vote Idplay, but it's not really a high-value target. If that guy is a PR, it's one that gives zero benefit to scum. On the other hand, as scum, we will get info from him and there's a good chance that he will die.

Hm, I've been forgetting to check the PR possibilities of various lynch options.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2017, 03:41:36 pm »

What's your sample size?

I agree that Teproc's vote was a little fishy. It was very "please forget I did something that got me in trouble, I'm moving my vote" of him.

m100

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.