Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126244 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: December 22, 2017, 06:37:49 am »

All to early post count to mean much but I had the time and it includes a subtraction of everyone’s pre-game posts so late this can be referenced easily to get accurate numbers:

mcmcsalot 34-1=33
faust 46-13=33
Teproc 15-3=12
Galzria 14-3=11
Joseph2302 12-1=11
ashersky 11-1=10
DatSwan 13-3=10
chairs 9-1=8
O 9-1=8
Robz888 10-3=7
gkrieg13 7-2=5
IDontPlayThisGame 9-5=4
AndrewisFTTW 6-3=3
seanbean 2-1=1
Wow I'm high on the post list. Must be towny then.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 22, 2017, 06:39:10 am »

Master Hand - can you confirm that Serial Killer is not an option that could possibly exist in this game?

Is this not good enough for you?

Once each player has a character, three are chosen to be aligned with Evil (more if more people sign up).

[...]

The remaining will be aligned with Good.

If it was, I would not of asked.

It bothers me when people cause more more for the mods unnecessarily. I realize I did the same with my untimely prod request. Sorry!

what is unnecessary for you, may not be the same for everyone. I have made enough mistakes in "assumptions" so far in my previous games to not feel bad about asking for simple clarifications from the one entity in the game I can actually rely on 100%. Also, FWIW, I assume by asking in the thread it saves the MOD time of potentially having to answer several of the same question in separate QTs.
This can't be true. I'm the SK. So it must be in the game

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2017, 07:08:13 am »

This can't be true. I'm the SK. So it must be in the game
Are you sure that you are in the game?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2017, 08:41:41 am »

Jesus ok apparently you don't want to be in this game then.

vote: Joseph2302.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2017, 09:14:26 am »

happy to lynch either

chairs is a decent lynch because his role is useless, and most roles seem pretty positive overall for town compared than scum.

Andrew: Ganon seems like the main scum-favored utility role: if town, how many scum are going to be vanilla? 1?

in terms of alignment reads, ehhh? neither here nor there. Refer to previous post for verdict.

This post I don't like at all. chairs is like the towniest player around. And his role is not useless if we believe scum lied. They are less likely to lie as chairs claimed first, but we might still catch them. There are a lot of roles that will be worse. At the very least, chairs may detect redirection.

Also, lynching because of roles is bad. I mean there are some players where their potential role leads me to not want to lynch them right away, but that is maybe 2 or 3 and the rest is fair game.

Vote: O

I agree with everything you said but not the vote for o because of it.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2017, 09:57:11 am »

Do you think O is town? I also looked at his other posts... mostly, this is as much content as I could find. I found town!o from M100 to be a lot more engaged and confrontational.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:43 am »

Do you think O is town? I also looked at his other posts... mostly, this is as much content as I could find. I found town!o from M100 to be a lot more engaged and confrontational.

I don’t have a strong read on him though nothing he has done has struck me as unlike what I have seen from him in the past. I guess I don’t know what I would expect scum o to look like so it’s definitely a null read on him, I just think he’s definitely less scummy than galz/robz/gkrieg
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2017, 10:09:14 am »

I can’t tell if Joseph is scum leaning into the scum wouldn’t act like this defense or just acting like this because he doesn’t know what to do.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »

oh looky Faust got bored so he drummed up a vote for me with "here's some metagame portion i disagree with but have made literal 0 effort to explain why it's alignment indicative"

always happy to lynch faust btw

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2017, 12:28:06 pm »

I can’t tell if Joseph is scum leaning into the scum wouldn’t act like this defense or just acting like this because he doesn’t know what to do.
I'm good and never know really what to do D1.

I think faust is kind of towny right now though

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »

oh looky Faust got bored so he drummed up a vote for me with "here's some metagame portion i disagree with but have made literal 0 effort to explain why it's alignment indicative"

Kinda ironic coming from someone who wants to lynch based on non-alignment indicative stuff...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2017, 01:08:36 pm »

Kinda ironic coming from someone who wants to lynch based on non-alignment indicative stuff...

You're being quite dense. Have you not read the past five pages?

1. I state I have no substantial reads. You have ignored this entirely.
2. In the post immediately after that, I give role based analysis of why I don't mind lynch candidates. I don't vote for either of them.
3. Later on, I propose a alignment-based theory on why Robz!Ashersky are acting the way they are
4. My vote, which is my largest indicator of how I want to lynch, is based on said alignment based read.

It's always the people who over value the "logical persona" as a front that don't actually have a shred of consistency to their points.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2017, 01:26:17 pm »

2. In the post immediately after that, I give role based analysis of why I don't mind lynch candidates. I don't vote for either of them.
3. Later on, I propose a alignment-based theory on why Robz!Ashersky are acting the way they are
4. My vote, which is my largest indicator of how I want to lynch, is based on said alignment based read.

It's always the people who over value the "logical persona" as a front that don't actually have a shred of consistency to their points.
Here I was, thinking you voted ashersky because he wanted to be lynched. Silly me to think that...

idk guys he kinda sounds like he wants to be lynched

who am i to deny that pleasure

Ah.

Where ash/Robz is concerned, I am not going to take D1 partner theories seriously, sorry.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2017, 01:43:31 pm »

Here I was, thinking you voted ashersky because he wanted to be lynched. Silly me to think that...

idk guys he kinda sounds like he wants to be lynched

who am i to deny that pleasure

Ah.

Where ash/Robz is concerned, I am not going to take D1 partner theories seriously, sorry.

I'm confused -- now you're claiming that I'm trying to lynch people because they wanted to be lynched! (Even that comment was clearly facetious)

Just a few posts ago you claimed to be voting for me because of my entirely non-intersecting set of lynch priorities of role analysis.

Am I voting for Chairs because of his role? (Nope)
Am I voting for Ashersky because he wants to be lynched? (Nope)
Am I voting for Ashersky because I think it's quite convenient that the potential deathproof and potential vengeful specifically tried to set up a lynch scenario? (Yep)

Which of the two joke posts would you like to take seriously? You can pick one but not both, sorry.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »

You actually claim to have looked at all my posts before voting for me.

You then proceeded to pick a completely out of date motif ("O isn't voting off alignment") place it completely out of context, and claim that I hadn't provided any other content when I had pretty objectively provided other content that is entirely read/alignment based.

Is someone else going to come in here and tell me I'm crazy? Faust's argument literally doesn't match up at all. This isn't even subjective -- he cannot have read all my posts to that point while believing I had provided no other content, and specifically only role utility based content. His post is as close as you can get to being objectively false about a read in this game.

Vote: Faust

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 22, 2017, 02:04:28 pm »

I’m here O, let me break it down for you since I do think you v faust is town v town.

Faust votes you for your response to my question to you about Andrew/Chairs. He didn’t like that you said you would be fine lynchig either (Chairs is a strong town read of his) for what looked to him like mostly role reasons. You explained you would be okay lynching either because Chairs role is fairly useless and andrews was scum-favored utility. You even said as far as alignment goes neither her nor there.

So faust doesn’t like that and votes you. I agree with him that lynching people based off roles is silly and that Chairs is townie, but disagree that it merits voting you, I asked you a question you responded, you weren’t even voting them. To Faust, I think you misunderstood O’s post in a vacuum and not as it relates to answering my question.

Then you go on to vote ash because of the theory that him and robz could be cooking stuff up. Here I mostly agree with the people who think it’s more just robz and ash regardless of alignment playing toward pretending to both be pr’s which is good. Since I think ash was scummy (less so with his recent posts) I don’t mind your vote on him and think Fausts is silly for totally throwing out your theory as “d1 partner theories” he just won’t hear. I would say at least you are coming up with a theory.

In summary you are both just trying to find scum and stop voting for eachother.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 22, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »

Also the more time that goes by with gkrieg not posting as much as I suspect and people not really having good reasons to debate my case but also not super acknowledging that I’m pushing it repeatedly, the happier I am with my vote there. Hard wagons to make are scum wagons.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 22, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »

And since it seems to be kinda dead here are my thoughts on what powers should do.

Investigators:
IDontPlayThisGame - [Pichu] - (Weak Visitor) - Mewtwo can mess pichu up no matter who pichu is targeting however Yoshi only needs to block pichu if the event he is targeting mafia. I think it is best for pichu to not claim target until the next day.
chairs - [Captain Falcon] - (Modified Flavor Cop) - Even more so then Pichu I dont think Chairs has to claim any target before hand, I seriously doubt he is high on mafia's kill list and should be able to reveal info the next day.
seanbean - [Marth] - (Tracker) - Sean should definitely not claim his target as that only gives re-directors info. Use your own judgment upon when to claim info if you have it.

Pro Town PR's:
Teproc - [Link] - (Jack-Of-All-Trades) - Use your own judgment about Blocking a redirector/possible nonpower mafia read, Tracking a redirector/mafia read, and doctoring an investigator/doctor.
faust - [Sheik] - (Even-Night Ninja Doctor) - Use your own judgment

Flex PR's:
Mcmcsalot [Mr. Game and Watch] - (Neighborizer) - Anyone I neighborize has to trust me to give me any info but I think it's the best use to neighborize an investigator to spread the info they receive to multiple sources. The other things I can do are neighborize a person to "check" for mewtwo/fox redirection or simply neighborize a top town read to have private analysis.
AndrewisFTTW - [Ganondorf] - (1-shot Limited Vigilante) - Always in favor of saving vig shots, also I think its good to save for a later time when we are about to lynch someone who claims a pr to get off of lynch, thats a nice way to check if they are telling the truth.
Joseph2302 - [Yoshi] - (Roleblocker) - Same as Link, best to block a galz/datswan or a non action mafia read.

Redirection:
gkrieg13 - [Mewtwo] - (2-shot Inverting Redirector) - I think you should claim your targets each day so investigators/protectors/trackers no how to avoid you but mafia doesn't know if you are going to screw with their oracle or not. You would then not tell us if you did or did not use the power as everyone should be avoiding you it won't matter. We turn you purely into a PR protector by making oracle suspect.
Galzria - [Fox] - (2-shot Diverter) - Divert things off of you to a mafia read, investigators and protectors should not be aiming your way to prevent being diverted.
DatSwan - [Pikachu] - (1-shot Lightning Rod) - Just don't I think the only use of this should be if we know we have a doc available. Then you announce I am going to use this tonight, the only town powers used are a doctor and a tracker, this forces a no kill night. (caveat if mafia!teproc can make him self ascetic and resolve before lr would hit him he could then make the mafia kill go somewhere else)

Non actionable powers
O - [Kirby] - (Universal Backup) - When the first non-Vanilla player dies, you will inherit their powers. If a X-shot PR dies with no shots left, it will not be valid for inheritance.
ashersky - [Bowser] - (Supersaint) - If you are lynched, you will also kill whoever cast the hammer vote.
Robz888 - [Ice Climbers] - (1-shot Deathproof) - The first time you would be killed (including lynches), you will survive.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 22, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »

@MCMC

The problem isn't whether Faust liked or disliked my original post, it's that he portrayed it as how I was voting this game when it was clearly not.

Faust also claimed that I hadn't posted other content. He also claimed to have read all my other posts.

You have to agree that there's clear falsehoods somewhere in what Faust wrote, yes?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 22, 2017, 02:14:05 pm »

ashersky, could you explain why you did not claim when you posted: "I counterclaim momsalon"?

Didn’t want to spoil any fun.  Didn’t really think it mattered what order we claimed anyway.  I don’t expect fakers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2017, 02:24:31 pm »

@MCMC

The problem isn't whether Faust liked or disliked my original post, it's that he portrayed it as how I was voting this game when it was clearly not.

Faust also claimed that I hadn't posted other content. He also claimed to have read all my other posts.

You have to agree that there's clear falsehoods somewhere in what Faust wrote, yes?
I think falsehoods is a stretch, less than accurate rereading and over exaggerated point making leading to not fully correct statements is more apt. And I don’t think thats scummy from faust. I mean if he wants to sit with his vote on you for like three days and double down on how supernscummy he thinks you are then yea I might change my mind, for now he’s still a town read.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2017, 03:37:35 pm »

Redirection:
gkrieg13 - [Mewtwo] - (2-shot Inverting Redirector) - I think you should claim your targets each day so investigators/protectors/trackers no how to avoid you but mafia doesn't know if you are going to screw with their oracle or not. You would then not tell us if you did or did not use the power as everyone should be avoiding you it won't matter. We turn you purely into a PR protector by making oracle suspect.

You can't be serious with this.  You realize that there isn't any point to my role if I announce my targets beforehand right?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 22, 2017, 03:41:59 pm »

I think you are discounting the effect town!redirectors can have.  Just think about what happened in Rewind when iguana redirected a shot that ended up killing mafia.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 22, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »

I think you are discounting the effect town!redirectors can have.  Just think about what happened in Rewind when iguana redirected a shot that ended up killing mafia.
I’m not discounting the effect, I just don’t know your town and I’m not afraid of scum!doctor potentially killing cops and messing with trackers.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 22, 2017, 06:08:17 pm »

I don't know if faust v O is town v town, but I know it's not very interesting or indicative of much. I guess O comes off slightly scummy.

Sean isn't posting. Probably because he's scum, but also : sean, you should be posting.

@gkrieg: If you're town (and a PR), your role is super swingy. I'd say you should definitely not use it night 1, and I will assume you're scum if you do. Chaos at night is generally good for scum... yes, you can come up with a bunch of dreams scenarios where it's great, but on average VT is more pro-town than whatever redirector might be.

I understand you disagree, but, well, you're wrong. Using redirection powers as town is just making the game more random... and the fact that mafia knows who the potential redirection roles are makes it even worse because they can plan somewhat accordingly. Granted, town PRs can as well, but they have less info so it's harder for them.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.