Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126380 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)
« Reply #1250 on: January 16, 2018, 05:51:14 pm »

I think the setup was balanced. Scum played well. Gut MVP vote: O
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 16, 2018, 06:04:49 pm »

So, did I miss my L-cancel or got grabbed anyway? I need to know.
You missed the L-cancel. Got to get good son.

Thanks for playing everyone! And nice job on the (flawless) victory, Robz888, O, and gkrieg13! I totally thought it would be gg with mcmcsalot's great read of Robz888 and O coming out to protect gkrieg13 after Teproc spoke up. I thought O would get lynched for sure there which would have in turn likely gotten gkrieg13 lynched too. Not lynching anyone out of that trio is what really allowed scum to control the rest of the game. So, I will agree with iguana iguana to say MVP: O. Though, obviously, all scum played well - otherwise they wouldn't have won so handily!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 16, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »

Agreed!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 16, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »

Congrats O!

As many of you had pointed out, we would've had big problems when any of us got lynched.  The problem with me getting lynched is that it didn't let us kill IDPTG by redirecting him, and O would've come under more scrutiny (I think, even though me being scum doesn't effect his claim D2).  Robz being lynched would've been very interesting actually.  I wonder if town would have the guts to lynch him 2 days in a row, but it would've put much more pressure on me, because most of the people that wanted Robz lynch wanted my lynch as well.  O being lynched was the worst case though.  We would've lost our most townread player, and I would no longer have town reads from people because our play looked very much like we were partners.

Also I never did a full reread this game, which was actually kind of nice!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 16, 2018, 06:18:09 pm »

I just couldn't get the traction against O on D2. The moment the heat got turned up, Mcmc jumped ship and started defending him, and that was the last chance we had of that lynch happening.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 16, 2018, 06:22:02 pm »

Oh really good play btw, I totally forgot after everything that gkrieg could insta kill idptg, he had to not visit at all, not just visit a town player. Shoot. Jeez scum was just a tad overpowered in my opinion due to the fact that gkrieg could insta kill the cop/confirm all roles, robz takes two lynches and best case scenario of O getting roleblocker happened. I guess gkrieg cant due that if we didn't mass claim and we absolutely lost to crappy play so its no big deal.
Like you said, a lot of scum's "power" came from the fact that Town decided to massclaim. And O happening to get a Roleblocker from the backup. And some misplays by the town's PRs. So I don't think scum was too overpowered, there were just a lot of things that worked out in their favor (plus they played it well).

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 16, 2018, 10:00:48 pm »

was thinking o/ash/gkrieg
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 17, 2018, 02:11:44 am »

I just couldn't get the traction against O on D2. The moment the heat got turned up, Mcmc jumped ship and started defending him, and that was the last chance we had of that lynch happening.

at some point d2 I switched from arguing to change your mind to just dragging you through the mud with me. Not the most wonderful experience but i didn't exactly have many great options

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 3)
« Reply #1258 on: January 17, 2018, 09:00:31 am »

Well, that's unfortunate, but *ahem*

@IDPTG: don't visit anyone unless we lynch scum.

I was convinced O was scum due to the way he pushed the ash lynch, but it was too late.  That's a shame, I think my reads were coming together at that point.

I don't think scum was over-powered, I just think too many roles were active.  Also mass-claims are bad.  I don't remember if I said that in-thread, but I almost did.  In fact, when I went back and looked at it I got a bit of a scum-read on Robz, but my misread on Eevee made me doubt it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 17, 2018, 12:58:42 pm »

I was on O and Robz from D1, correctly caught gkrieg the last day.  At least my reads were spot on, even if no one cares to listen anymore.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 19 queries.