Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2 player problem with militia  (Read 2509 times)

Michaa808

• Pawn
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
2 player problem with militia
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:00:45 am »
+3

I just bought this game a few days ago and found a problem playing only with 1 more person
While my girlfriend strated i always got the second turn playing
And having the card militia just makes no sense!
I was wondering if i got something wrong in the rules..
If everybody is suppose to play the 3 phases in his turn.. it is useless for me to use militia becuse until my turn up, she has already used all her action and biught whatever she wanted ..
So.. it only makes sense for me to play each phase by every player and then moVe a phase
Anyway .. any feedback would be helpful :) thanks in advance

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: 2 player problem with militia
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:04:29 am »
+2

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but I hope this helps:
* At the end of each turn, you discard your hand, and everything you've played, and draw a new hand of 5 cards.  You don't keep things in your hand.
* You can only play cards on your own turn.
* If you play Militia, that means everyone else has to start with only 3 cards in hand when it's their turn again.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Michaa808

• Pawn
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 09:14:04 am »
+4

Thnk you for replying.
I think i found my mistake but i would be thankful for you to confirm it.
Until now when we played .. we always ended a turn together, but i guess when a players turn is done he immedietly draws another 5 cards.. in this case playing militia will always force all other players to stat with 3 cards!
Thanks again and have a nice weekend ☺️

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 09:24:54 am »

Thnk you for replying.
I think i found my mistake but i would be thankful for you to confirm it.
Until now when we played .. we always ended a turn together, but i guess when a players turn is done he immedietly draws another 5 cards.. in this case playing militia will always force all other players to stat with 3 cards!
Thanks again and have a nice weekend ☺️

Right, each player takes turns... taking turns.  You take turns one at a time.  If you have Alice, Bob, and Carol - first Alice takes her turn (Action, Buy, Clean-up, draw 5 new cards), then Bob takes his, then Carol, then back to Alice.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:48:06 pm »
+1

To put it another way: Dominion is purely turn-based; nothing happens at the end of a round.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:51:56 pm »

To put it yet another way: On your turn, you do everything which the rules require you to do on your turn. Once you have done that, the next player does everything that the rules say they are supposed to do on their turn.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

jonaskoelker

• Explorer
  • Grand Market = cantrip Woodcutter
  • Respect: +397
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 06:34:07 pm »
+4

To put it yet another way: [...]
To put in yet yet another way, on f.ds we like to restate each others' answers. Welcome to the forum :)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 01:47:11 pm »
+1

To put it yet another way: [...]
To put in yet yet another way, on f.ds we like to restate each others' answers. Welcome to the forum :)

One could also say that we here on the dominion strategy forum have a preference for repeating another's statement in slightly different words. Nice to have you here at f.ds ;)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.