Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Has anyone had any Nocturne sightings?  (Read 14133 times)

rickert

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
Has anyone had any Nocturne sightings?
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:02 am »
+1

A full week after the date for it to start shipping, I've heard nothing from any distributors, online or B&M stores or customers getting any physical copies. Plus I have not heard anything from Jay or Donald about any delays in getting product out. This has been one of the longest weeks in my recent history. Sure, I've got a lot of Dominion I can play, but I want the new cards. ::)

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone had any Nocturne sightings?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:30:17 am »
+1

I pre-ordered from CSI and have heard nothing.

Side note: I am simultaneously looking forward to receiving my copy and dreading it at the same time because my hobby lobby box is full and I have no more space.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:02 am »

Went to 2 boxes prior to Empires so I am over that hurdle. I sleeve my cards so my room ran out sooner than some. I am more concerned with getting dividers soon. For now I will play exclusively with Nocturne and just keep them in the game box until I have dividers.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:38:14 am »

There were copies for sale at bgg.con. Although I was super tempted, I couldn't bring myself to pay the $45 they wanted for it; knowing that it would be $30 on CSI soon enough.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:41:40 am »

With every new expansion, I like to plug www.spielgeek.com.

Best dividers on the market, in my opinion. Reasonably priced, quick shipping, and responsive to e-mails. Their website states that Nocturne dividers will be coming out soon.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:57:08 am »

Those look really great and I probably should invest. But once Nocturne is added to the complete set I am sure it would be nearly $90 with shipping. Maybe take a look after the holidays.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 01:30:37 pm »
+2

Donald X. got his copies awhile ago. My copy (direct from Rio Grande Games) arrived on Saturday. So hopefully stores will have them soon? I haven't heard any news.

At least I can tell you that the game seems to be in perfect condition. The cards all look and feel good, and of course are not bendy like the original run of Adventures. The colors seem to be well within the normal range for previous Dominion products. The backs of the Boon and Hex cards, while not exactly attractive, are nicely distinct from each other and from normal and randomizer card backs. I'm at work right now and can't take a photo, but yeah they seem good.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:44 pm »

Donald X. got his copies awhile ago. My copy (direct from Rio Grande Games) arrived on Saturday. So hopefully stores will have them soon? I haven't heard any news.

At least I can tell you that the game seems to be in perfect condition. The cards all look and feel good, and of course are not bendy like the original run of Adventures. The colors seem to be well within the normal range for previous Dominion products. The backs of the Boon and Hex cards, while not exactly attractive, are nicely distinct from each other and from normal and randomizer card backs. I'm at work right now and can't take a photo, but yeah they seem good.

Thanks for the update. Did your copy come USPS? I am supposed to have one coming from Rio and I haven't gotten it ofr heard any news about it. Where do you live?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »

My gaming group meets at my FLGS tonight, I'll report back...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 02:25:00 pm »

Thanks for the update. Did your copy come USPS? I am supposed to have one coming from Rio and I haven't gotten it ofr heard any news about it. Where do you live?

I live in Minnesota, and I cannot recall what shipping entity was used. I guess I could fish the box out of the recycling when I get home.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

I live in Minnesota, and I cannot recall what shipping entity was used. I guess I could fish the box out of the recycling when I get home.

Did you order yours through Amazon or something, or was this your playtester's copy?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:58 pm »

Did you order yours through Amazon or something, or was this your playtester's copy?

Mine is for various head playtester duties. Rickert does a lot for RGG at cons and stuff, I believe.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

Mine is for various head playtester duties. Rickert does a lot for RGG at cons and stuff, I believe.

Yeah, I was supposed to get one to start getting familiar for Origins and for GenCon tournaments. Don't go to any big trouble getting the package out for me. I am just getting impatient like always. Enjoy it and hopefully I will get mine before too long.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »

Amazon now has it in stock.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 03:46:30 pm »

Perhaps I will order one there. It seems that Rio has forsaken me. Thanks for the news. I appreciate it.

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 09:25:27 pm »

I just got a UPS notice that I am getting a package tomorrow, but it is coming from Michigan so I don't think that can be from Rio.

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 10:59:44 pm »

My current plan is to wait until black Friday (which is this Friday) before I buy Nocturne to see if Amazon/Rio Grande Games or Cool Stuff Inc.'ll have it on sale. I know it's out and prime eligible on Amazon (at least it was last time I checked this evening) but CS Inc was still showing it as a pre-order option.
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 12:12:25 am »

Of course it becomes available for order the day before I leave for Thanksgiving.   >:(
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 12:26:08 am »

If I didn't order a bunch of other stuff from CSI, I'd probably grab it on Amazon to get it for my birthday.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 07:00:31 pm »

Mine is arriving tomorrow via Amazon.
-The Compulsive Completist

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:56 pm »
+12

Finally buying Prosperity, eh?

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »
+4

Dammit.  And I swore I would never fall in that trap.
-The Compulsive Completist

rickert

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Rec Room
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 09:59:36 am »

Rio has ignored my last 3 emails. I ordered it from Amazon and they screwed up my order. It was supposed to arrive today but it hasn't even shipped. Happy Thanksgiving. I will play something else this holiday I guess.

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 11:58:53 am »

I ordered from Amazon and their website says it will be delivered today by 8 PM. I live in the northwest where Amazon is but the product, strangely enough, shipped out of Michigan and just left Illinois this morning according to UPS. I'm having a hard time believing it will be delivered today by 8 PM.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »
+1

Finally buying Prosperity, eh?

If you ordered Prosperity hoping to get Mine, you will be sadly disappointed.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.