Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is Changeling's FAQ wrong?  (Read 890 times)

sorawotobu

• Spy
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
Is Changeling's FAQ wrong?
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:07:50 pm »

So for example you could gain Skulk, exchange it for a Changeling (returning Skulk to the Supply and putting Changeling into your discard pile), and still gain a Gold from Skulk's ability.

I thought the interaction should go like this: Gain Skulk to your discard pile -> gain Gold to your discard pile due to Skulk's ability; it covers up the Skulk -> Changeling loses track of Skulk

You can choose to have a Skulk and a Gold or a Skulk and a Changeling but can't get Changeling and Gold. Right?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Is Changeling's FAQ wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »
+3

So for example you could gain Skulk, exchange it for a Changeling (returning Skulk to the Supply and putting Changeling into your discard pile), and still gain a Gold from Skulk's ability.

I thought the interaction should go like this: Gain Skulk to your discard pile -> gain Gold to your discard pile due to Skulk's ability; it covers up the Skulk -> Changeling loses track of Skulk

You can choose to have a Skulk and a Gold or a Skulk and a Changeling but can't get Changeling and Gold. Right?
Skulk and Changeling are both when-gain, so you can choose what order to do them. If you do Skulk first then you can't exchange it. But if you do Changeling first you still get the Gold.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Is Changeling's FAQ wrong?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:55:03 pm »
+1

But if you Summon a Skulk, it can't get set aside, because Skulk's when-gain ability triggers first.  It's all about timing.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.