Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 247325 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1375 on: August 08, 2019, 08:07:00 am »

I have been phone posting this whole time and don’t have access to a computer so I have to go about this oddly. I will be holding my comments mid-quote.

And, hey, at least this way if I don’t cover a point you wanted me to, it’s quite blatant.

Eddie should be up next, I think... I'm going to focus more on him than Gkrieg, although there isn't a lot to go on in either case:
- Eddie comes in with a quick vote on e, but suggests he would like to lynch ADK more. He then puts out a short would/wouldn't lynch bucket. In the would lynch is Joth/EFHW. this bucket’s participants were determined by MiX IIRC, hence my mentioning preferring other people. So it is hardly a pivot as you go on to say. But then he quickly pivots back off of that to ADK again. [759, 765, 767]
- In #835 he says that he would prefer an EFHW lynch to a Joth lynch, but would still like to see an ADK lynch more. He hasn't actually given any reasons for wanting ADK lynched... Yup, it’s a bit silly to lay this out then disregard it to save a scum who is going to die anyway (especially if daychat is a thing and we agreed on some bussing, as you suggest later.) this only serves to incriminate me for no gain. Scum me wouldn’t want the attention and would prefer to be the one in the lynch, instead of someone with weaker reasons to vote Space. Especially since I was on at deadline. I could have easily done that and been much less suspicious.
- In his very next post, #856, coming 5 1/2 hours to deadline, Eddie votes for me for "balance" - Not only is this vote out of the blue (he hasn't even mentioned me by name prior to this), but the reasoning is literally to "create an equally viable wagon to EFHW at this time." eh, you were acting squirrelly and I don’t like inevitable lunches, they are much less interesting. Every game I have played I have done his, though. Town and scum, so not really noteworthy. (From my perspective at least.
- In #864 Eddie talks about not feeling great about voting Joth, but likes that faust/MiX are there. He doesn't mention EFHW in this post, much less that he had previously stated that he prefered an EFHW lynch to a Joth lynch. see above...
- In #877 he says that he'll vote "any of the three", by which I believe he means me/joth/EFHW. I stand by that, I would have voted/hammered any one of you to get a lynch in.
- In #887 Eddie moves his vote from me to Joth, again completely ignoring EFHW or the fact that he had previously stated he was more willing to lynch her than joth - also ignoring the fact that it was now just 40 minutes to deadline and his vote only gave joth four votes, whereas it would've given EFHW six. It makes a lot more sense to do my play if I planned on being around for deadline and could move to EFHW if needed. I even did this in my previous game on this site to hammer Debate (begrudgingly) with 50 seconds to spare, 90 is nothing.
- In Day 2 Eddie has said that he was on and would've hammered if e had not done so - but there is literally no verifiable proof of this and at the end of the day the only facts remain that he did not vote for EFHW, despite saying that he would previously. Which is the stupidest thing a scum player could do and nowhere in my wheelhouse for this kind of behavior as scum. And if you think I am lying about being online, then screw you.

There is another aspect to this which I want to bring up. As I mentioned previously, I believe that scum had Day Chat yesterday. I believe they were actively tracking who was online and who could/would vote for EFHW at the end of the day. I believe that Eddie's decision to stay off the wagon was based upon the fact that they did not believe that town had the votes to get the lynch through. I'll go into more detail in the next post. again, why would I be the one elected to be off-wagon if another scum is online and on-wagon? I would be elected to be on-wagon every time based on the previously stated feelings I had on voting EFHW. You are literally incriminating me for behavior while simultaneously saying there was daychat to determine who should be on-offwagon.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 08, 2019, 08:10:32 am »

I think the "shot pool" theory is just dead wrong, otherwise my role doesn't really make sense when scum dies. It was a good guess, and I should've paid more attention to it earlier because I could disprove it.

The child could have been released as a consequence of EFHWs death.

That was definitely my first thought when I saw it (or a consequence of no NK, but that made a little bit more sense).

Why give town a power that’s always beneficial to use and doesn’t even need to be targeted to work?

You know who has this? Awaclus. Which is why I didn't believe it.

All in all I bet we'll have to wait untill D3 to find out what the children are here for.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:39 am »

Why give town a power that’s always beneficial to use and doesn’t even need to be targeted to work?

You know who has this? Awaclus. Which is why I didn't believe it.
Being hated is a downside in my books, albeit not a very confirmable one.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1378 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:04 am »

This is gonna sound super sketch, but I think I figured out a way to get info that will help me use my night action effectively while giving scum very little useful information.

Galz, can you please either confirm that you are not Ben Mason or confirm that you are not Tom Mason?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 08, 2019, 09:13:22 am »

I'll switch to faust if you will
Et tu, Kernele?

You kill me, faust. Hilarious
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1380 on: August 08, 2019, 09:58:12 am »

Vote Count 2.10:

faust (2): joth, pubby
ADK (3): WCD, Datswan, Uncle
Uncle (4): ADK, 2.7, Awaclus, Galzria
MiX (2): Space, faust
Space (2): shraeye, PPS

Not Voting (2): Glooble, MiX

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 10:00 p.m. on August 12.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 08, 2019, 10:30:58 am »

Alrighty - let’s just get this out there and stop spinning some wheels, eh?

MiX was investigated to share my wincon last night.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 08, 2019, 10:33:46 am »

Odd that the wording is like that. Weird.

But coolio.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1383 on: August 08, 2019, 10:37:32 am »

Well that's convenient.

Can you answer my question?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 08, 2019, 10:38:43 am »

Alrighty.

Vote: shraeye

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 08, 2019, 10:40:31 am »

Wait, are you done with me all of a sudden, Faust?

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 08, 2019, 10:40:58 am »

Wait, are you done with me all of a sudden, Faust?
It's so boring to join a wagon that has the IC on it. I want to do my own thing.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 08, 2019, 10:42:47 am »

Respect.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 08, 2019, 10:49:45 am »

Well that's convenient.

I see your question. I don’t see any value in answering it one way, another, or neither.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1389 on: August 08, 2019, 10:58:54 am »

Well that's convenient.

I see your question. I don’t see any value in answering it one way, another, or neither.

Can you trust that me knowing this one small piece of info is hugely beneficial to town, otherwise I wouldn't be asking? The value to scum of knowing one particular flavor name that one particular towny is not seems negligible to me by comparison.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 08, 2019, 11:08:21 am »

pubby, I really liked your case before Galzria disproved it. how does knowing MiX's alignment change your read on faust? Do you think the whole thing falls down like a house of cards?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1391 on: August 08, 2019, 11:12:55 am »

Galz, you're an IC who's claimed an investigative role. You've already got the biggest target on your head. One little piece of info isn't going to change that. But it might help me save your life.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 08, 2019, 12:02:26 pm »

Oh am I an IC now? Fun. But I wanted that to happen my own way.

I suppose I must make cases for people to sheep now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 08, 2019, 12:04:40 pm »

Galz, you're an IC who's claimed an investigative role. You've already got the biggest target on your head. One little piece of info isn't going to change that. But it might help me save your life.

Flavor names may be one of the most critical pieces of information in this game, as per Ash’s 2nd post. Still, you would like me to state one of either “I’m not Ben Mason” or “I’m not Tom Mason”? I assume you’re asking specifically about these two characters because of Redeye’s relationship to them in the show?

Alright, I’ll state one as fact: “I am not Tom Mason”, nor do I know of the existence of any such character.

Mafia Record:

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:29 pm »

Hey, MiX, bro. You are my best friend. Nothing could ever come between our friendship. Stories will be good for eons. The names Eddie and MiX will be equitable to all great friendships in history. As a mark of our friendship you should tell people you trust me.

Then it’s IC vs IC.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1395 on: August 08, 2019, 12:10:14 pm »

Flavor names may be one of the most critical pieces of information in this game, as per Ash’s 2nd post. Still, you would like me to state one of either “I’m not Ben Mason” or “I’m not Tom Mason”? I assume you’re asking specifically about these two characters because of Redeye’s relationship to them in the show?

Alright, I’ll state one as fact: “I am not Tom Mason”, nor do I know of the existence of any such character.

Really appreciate it.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 08, 2019, 12:16:19 pm »

Hey, MiX, bro. You are my best friend. Nothing could ever come between our friendship. Stories will be good for eons. The names Eddie and MiX will be equitable to all great friendships in history. As a mark of our friendship you should tell people you trust me.

Then it’s IC vs IC.

For fun? Sure, here goes: "you trust me".

Seriously, who do you think is scum and why is it ADK?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1397 on: August 08, 2019, 12:17:01 pm »

If scum had daychat, why would they have wanted to be one on wagon, one off? I would think once they decided to bus they would both bus, to try and squeeze the maximum amount of towncred out of a bad situation. Or just made their own decisions to seem consistent with their expressed reads. I get the 1 off/ 1 on thing as a general heuristic but I'm not sure it applies in this situation.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:09 pm »

If scum had daychat, why would they have wanted to be one on wagon, one off? I would think once they decided to bus they would both bus, to try and squeeze the maximum amount of towncred out of a bad situation. Or just made their own decisions to seem consistent with their expressed reads. I get the 1 off/ 1 on thing as a general heuristic but I'm not sure it applies in this situation.

Why would they have daychat? What is this replying to?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1399 on: August 08, 2019, 12:33:39 pm »

Why would they have daychat? What is this replying to?

Mostly its replying to Galz's case on Eddie and Eddie's defense of it. Galz seems to think scum used a harnessed child Night 0 to get themselves daychat for day 1.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.