Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 247288 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Falling Skies Mafia (sign-ups open)
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2019, 11:27:44 am »

A flavor name should be considered a full part of a player’s role, and that information should be treated in the same way.  Knowing a player’s flavor name may directly affect the outcome of the game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2019, 11:29:39 am »

And with that, can we please leave the flavor claim talk behind us unless someone has a substantial reason to think it benefits town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2019, 11:30:27 am »

Vote: pubby

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2019, 11:59:16 am »

If my hunch is correct some members of town understand what my post meant. If you do not understand then you are not in that group.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »

Unvote

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2019, 01:07:43 pm »

Vote: MiX
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2019, 01:49:59 pm »

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2019, 01:53:03 pm »

vote: MiX  8)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2019, 04:02:02 pm »

Vote: MiX

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2019, 04:55:06 pm »

I don’t hate the MiX votes, but, uhm, why?

And where, where where is DatSwan? Galz? Shraeye? Maybe they are having fun, summer weekends instead of roasting alive.  But I’m interested in hearing their take.

@Joth- yes! But only if older Rory is scum. By the end of the series she is literally the WORST, and the cheating in the reboot. Ugh.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2019, 05:07:25 pm »

I don’t hate the MiX votes, but, uhm, why?

And where, where where is DatSwan? Galz? Shraeye? Maybe they are having fun, summer weekends instead of roasting alive.  But I’m interested in hearing their take.

@Joth- yes! But only if older Rory is scum. By the end of the series she is literally the WORST, and the cheating in the reboot. Ugh.

Scum team is Rory, Lorelai, and Emily. Theme is that the Gilmores are ruining everyone else's lives.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »

My gut is to say the number claiming is bad. It doesn’t really limit what scum can fake claim later, since the numbers are somewhat subjective- there’s a lot of wiggle room. And it could turn town players with high numbers into easy mislynch targets.

I’d need a better case for the utility of this info before I post my number.

Yeah, I think it's been said by now between the intervening posts, but I think number-claiming is unwise because we can't be sure how easy it is to go from number to flavour name, and flavour name might give away more of the role.

Not only could it make high town numbers into easy mislynches, but it could make low-numbered town players attractive targets for scum. Though that's only really the case if there's reason to believe that the more townie a player's name is, the more beneficial their role will be. Does anyone who knows the flavour have feelings on whether that would be true?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2019, 07:04:06 pm »

Right now I'm pinning SpaceAnemone at about a 4 on the flavor rating and joth at a 6. Not expecting to change my mind.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »

My gut is to say the number claiming is bad. It doesn’t really limit what scum can fake claim later, since the numbers are somewhat subjective- there’s a lot of wiggle room. And it could turn town players with high numbers into easy mislynch targets.

I’d need a better case for the utility of this info before I post my number.

Yeah, I think it's been said by now between the intervening posts, but I think number-claiming is unwise because we can't be sure how easy it is to go from number to flavour name, and flavour name might give away more of the role.

Not only could it make high town numbers into easy mislynches, but it could make low-numbered town players attractive targets for scum. Though that's only really the case if there's reason to believe that the more townie a player's name is, the more beneficial their role will be. Does anyone who knows the flavour have feelings on whether that would be true?

Why do you think high-number people will be lynched first? It's a very interesting point that you and Glooble have both said and I fail to see why.

Right now I'm pinning SpaceAnemone at about a 4 on the flavor rating and joth at a 6. Not expecting to change my mind.

What ratings are you talking about?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2019, 07:35:55 pm »

Hey all - a little late to the party sorry.

When the game started I did not think I had seen this show. Then I went to the fandom page and realized that I had in fact seen the first 2-3 seasons a while ago. With that, plus some research on the Fandom page... I have some insights I wanted to get out right away:

1) Kind of has to be a multi ball - there are sooooo many factions in the show. From memory, and a little brushing up, it the main ones are [Militia, Bezerkers, Espheni, Volm, Skitters, Harnessed Humans]. There are lots of others too, but I feel like the game has to include at the minimum [Militia, Espheni, Volm, Skitters, and of course as it has been mod confirmed - Harnessed Humans].

2) Between the Bezerkers, the Collaborators, and Skitters... I think we can safely assume there are traitor(s).

3) The Espheni pretty much have to be the primary "Mafia".

4) The Militia, the Mason Family, and the Volm most likely make up the most/all of the "Town" faction.

5) There are probably items in the game. The show has so many options for games like this.

*Don't know how that info will pan out, or its usefulness, but I don't see how getting it out there can hurt us*

So yeah, because of all the possibilities we currently have to deal with, I do not really see the point in the number claim.
It says in the set up that people with higher number scores will be given fake claims. It also says that the numbers are determined based on Ash's personal interpretation of how good or bad of a person the character is in the show. So, we claim... skum gives their fake claim number... or whatever, any number really, because if they have to back it up later with a claim we are never going to be able to determine if it is truthful or not because it is based on Ash's POV.

I don't really have a better idea of how to approach Day 1 here, but I do think that focusing on the score numbers will ultimately just end with us spending a lot of time doing something that will not lead any where. Where as not talking about it, at the very minimum, will keep skum from potentially being able to isolate the "townier" players that have lower number scores.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2019, 07:54:53 pm »

This is bizarrely specific. What exactly are you basing this on?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2019, 08:08:46 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

gkrieg (1): ADK
ADK (1): 2.7
MiX (3): Awaclus, pubby, faust
Awaclus (1): MiX

Not Voting (10): jotheonah, Galzria, WCD, PPS, Datswan, EFHW, SA, Glooble, gkrieg, shraeye

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 6:00 a.m. on July 31.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2019, 08:30:29 pm »

I had exactly the same thought. Between the “ally” claim and putting exact values on folks...it’s not a good look.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »

I have 0 knowledge of the show, but am inclined to agree with Swan that there’s almost certainly more than two base win cons in play. I’ve no idea if that means Survivor, Second Scum faction, SK, Cult or whatever though.

I’m not as convinced by his argument for not number claiming, though I’m neither convinced by the arguments that we should do. Mainly I feel the people arguing for fit into the group that I would expect to argue for. Swan being against so early seems a little out of character for him? I dunno. Maybe not.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:41 pm »

I'm not so sure about multiball. There are lots of groups, but they tend to divide into prohuman/proalien. The volm could possibly be a third faction,  but they end up helping the humans, so that wouldn't be entirely consistent. I should review the plot some more. Please let there be no cult! Tom Mason should have 9 lives, for sure. Like full on deathproof.

Ppe Halz

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2019, 09:42:12 pm »

*Galz. Appropriate typo, though!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2019, 09:43:09 pm »

I had exactly the same thought. Between the “ally” claim and putting exact values on folks...it’s not a good look.

Pubby’s statement of “I believe ‘X’ D1 and won’t be changing my mind” is exactly pulled from what he did as Town in 123 - I believe regardless of his alignment this is intentionally done... so make of that what you will.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2019, 09:44:09 pm »

I have 0 knowledge of the show, but am inclined to agree with Swan that there’s almost certainly more than two base win cons in play. I’ve no idea if that means Survivor, Second Scum faction, SK, Cult or whatever though.

I’m not as convinced by his argument for not number claiming, though I’m neither convinced by the arguments that we should do. Mainly I feel the people arguing for fit into the group that I would expect to argue for. Swan being against so early seems a little out of character for him? I dunno. Maybe not.

I mean - i am open to being wrong on the number part. What upside can you math out for doing it?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »

Pubby’s statement of “I believe ‘X’ D1 and won’t be changing my mind” is exactly pulled from what he did as Town in 123 - I believe regardless of his alignment this is intentionally done... so make of that what you will.
It does have an intentional ring to it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2019, 10:24:01 pm »

I'm against number claiming. Giving ADK townpoints, though. It's a good way for town to make the most of such a high number.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 20 queries.