Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 249199 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2050 on: August 15, 2019, 04:25:05 am »

I am now a Skitter. This is what I was trying to get at when I said I know there's at least one possible skitter with a purely town wincon, but I didn't want to spell it out earlier.

I let myself get transformed overnight to gain some info for town, and now I know that there are three Espheni members left.

Through my other power, I've discovered that the Espheni Queen is not among the flavour names in the game, either as players of fake-claims.

If Shraeye really did have an incriminating cop result on me, then there's something messing with cop results in this game, and we should be careful about trusting them. I know of no reason why an investigative result on me would be returned incorrectly (e.g. I'm not knowingly a miller or anything like that).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 15, 2019, 04:27:40 am »

Oh, and I've had a headache all game that's been getting steadily worse. I was reluctant to mention it before in case knowing who had headaches made certain people better targets for scum or something.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 15, 2019, 04:28:03 am »

Can you claim your flavor?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 15, 2019, 04:31:11 am »

It seems worth noting that shraeye's flavor character is in a relationship with ADK's claimed flavor in the show.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 15, 2019, 04:41:19 am »

Vote: Didds

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: August 15, 2019, 05:33:23 am »

Jeanne Weaver. The Espheni faction apparently already knows that the character with my flavour name has info on them, so I guess there's no harm revealing that to town, given that scum will already have put it together with my claim.

My becoming a Skitter was only possible after the player with my character's father's name as a flavour name or fake-claim name had flipped, but our D1 lynch sorted that one out.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 15, 2019, 05:44:05 am »

It's time to get mysterious: I don't have unlimited UB powers. To hide my restriction(s), I'll have to be vague...

I know e's power. I do not know shraeye's power. I have joth's power.

@Galzria, did joth still have a shot?

I am now a Skitter. This is what I was trying to get at when I said I know there's at least one possible skitter with a purely town wincon, but I didn't want to spell it out earlier.

I let myself get transformed overnight to gain some info for town, and now I know that there are three Espheni members left.

Through my other power, I've discovered that the Espheni Queen is not among the flavour names in the game, either as players of fake-claims.

If Shraeye really did have an incriminating cop result on me, then there's something messing with cop results in this game, and we should be careful about trusting them. I know of no reason why an investigative result on me would be returned incorrectly (e.g. I'm not knowingly a miller or anything like that).

Were you always town with the same win condition? When did you have a headache? Do you still have it? Can you detail how you learned that there's no Espheni Queen? Why shouldn't we lynch you regardless?

Also who gave me an item and why? I have no use for it. Also is this a good question?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 15, 2019, 05:44:48 am »

Jeanne Weaver. The Espheni faction apparently already knows that the character with my flavour name has info on them, so I guess there's no harm revealing that to town, given that scum will already have put it together with my claim.

My becoming a Skitter was only possible after the player with my character's father's name as a flavour name or fake-claim name had flipped, but our D1 lynch sorted that one out.
Why did you delay becoming a skitter and didn't do it during N1?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 15, 2019, 05:58:13 am »

Faust, another Child set free?
Yes. I debated doctoring one of you, but it seemed like Glooble had that covered.

Uhhhh, what?

Even though there were three ICs you went with not doctoring? Seemed like an optimal doctor time to me.
Actually, the optimal time would be with one IC.

With 3 ICs and two doctors you didn’t like the odds? Can you elaborate further?
Well, the odds of Glooble hitting the right target are like 1/3. The odds of me hitting the right target and Glooble not hitting the same target are 1/3*2/3 = 2/9. That is the fraction in which using my power would have done something. (this calculation is strongly simplified and you can poke a bunch of holes in it, but it gets the idea across)

Except Glooble probably can't hit joth and you can't hit me. So the odds of you both hitting the same person are 1/4, and that's only if you both go for Galzria, which is precisely why joth died instead. And I don't know much, but you could safely target joth and protect 2/3 of ICs. Instead you picked an option that you still don't know what it does for town.

Insert policy vote for faust here

Vote: Glooble and you should too.

Yeah this is very far from happening unless you give us something.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 15, 2019, 06:05:26 am »

Except Glooble probably can't hit joth and you can't hit me. So the odds of you both hitting the same person are 1/4, and that's only if you both go for Galzria, which is precisely why joth died instead. And I don't know much, but you could safely target joth and protect 2/3 of ICs. Instead you picked an option that you still don't know what it does for town.
I thought it pretty safe to assume that scum wouldn't target joth unless they had a way of getting around my protection.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 15, 2019, 06:09:01 am »

I thought it pretty safe to assume that scum wouldn't target joth unless they had a way of getting around my protection.

Which is why you don't play games with scum as doctor. Moving on...

Space's claim, if true, basically says ADK is scum: can anyone see 9 town, 3 third-parties AND 4 scum? Because I can't. Yet Space didn't vote for ADK.

Vote: Space

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 15, 2019, 06:10:43 am »

Space's claim, if true, basically says ADK is scum: can anyone see 9 town, 3 third-parties AND 4 scum? Because I can't. Yet Space didn't vote for ADK.

I don't think there are 3 third parties; I think ADK is shraeye's partner.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 15, 2019, 06:12:49 am »

I don't think there are 3 third parties; I think ADK is shraeye's partner.

Agreed, but that would still mean 3 non-town and 4 scum. Unless you think e's town? I suppose Galzria would know if he was a "threat to town"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 15, 2019, 06:13:29 am »

Agreed, but that would still mean 3 non-town and 4 scum. Unless you think e's town? I suppose Galzria would know if he was a "threat to town"
Considering the power level of town that seems perfectly acceptable.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 15, 2019, 06:15:01 am »

Well, depends, I have his ability to know this, and I wouldn't be able to distinguish between e and shraeye.

But they would rule the day, right? Especially since 2 of them are survivors, all you would need is a mislynch and a good NK and ADK's vig can seal the deal.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 15, 2019, 06:16:01 am »

But they would rule the day, right? Especially since 2 of them are survivors, all you would need is a mislynch and a good NK and ADK's vig can seal the deal.
What? No. I expressedly don't think ADK or shraeye are Survivors.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 15, 2019, 06:17:01 am »

Oh. Right, you said you didn't think shraeye is a survivor. Why aren't you voting for ADK then?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 15, 2019, 06:18:13 am »

Oh. Right, you said you didn't think shraeye is a survivor. Why aren't you voting for ADK then?
Right now I think it's important to get rid of some Espheni, and I'm pretty sure ADK isn't that.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2068 on: August 15, 2019, 06:18:42 am »

You think ash lied to us on a flip? That would make this a bastard game.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 15, 2019, 06:22:14 am »

You think ash lied to us on a flip? That would make this a bastard game.
That was only a flavor role and it doesn't need to follow any standard conventions. Also the standard colour for Survivors is gray, not purple.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: August 15, 2019, 06:24:35 am »

You can check here that ash follows this colour scheme:

https://quicktopic.com/52/H/66TKWQuWASr8R

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2071 on: August 15, 2019, 06:26:51 am »

Finally, is this how a survivor reacts to another survivor claim?
Believable claim, that solves the third-party/no-third party situation.  Probably makes for a 4 person team, not sure why Mix is saying 4 person+Traitor.  Glooble? faust? joth?  People with experience balancing?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 15, 2019, 06:30:18 am »

shraeye was a "Troubled Survivor", which doesn't have to be a "survivor". Otherwise what's Peacemaker? I have e's power that relates to that name, so I'm assuming flips are only for role and not win condition.

Finally, is this how a survivor reacts to another survivor claim?
Believable claim, that solves the third-party/no-third party situation.  Probably makes for a 4 person team, not sure why Mix is saying 4 person+Traitor.  Glooble? faust? joth?  People with experience balancing?

That's a good quote.

Okay, if they're partners they're definitely NOT trying to win with town, otherwise ADK would've shot Space. So that makes me want to kill ADK.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 15, 2019, 06:31:49 am »

Okay, if they're partners they're definitely NOT trying to win with town, otherwise ADK would've shot Space. So that makes me want to kill ADK.

...But we need to focus on Espheni. I think one thing is clear: shraeye doesn't have a cop result on Space.

Unvote

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 15, 2019, 06:53:27 am »

No item received last night. No headache and never have. Interested in hearing why shraeye was lying about a result; just to stave off the vig or redirect it?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.