Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

PSA: loop: KC'd Overlord as Mining Village, Lurker and King's Court

(1/3) > >>

jonaskoelker:
Here's the simplest infinite money loop I'm aware of:

Setup:

* 2xOverlord in hand.
* 1xOverlord in your discard pile (and nothing else).
* 0 cards in your deck.
* You can play Overlord as King's Court, Mining Village and Lurker.Play one Overlord as King's Court, then:

* Play Overlord as Mining Village (drawing Overlord), trashing it for $2.
* Play the same Overlord as Lurker, gaining itself back from the trash.
* Play the same Overlord as King's Court.Repeat the loop with the Overlord you drew, drawing the first Overlord back.

With 3xOverlord in hand and an empty discard pile, one iteration of the loop—i.e. Overlord as King's Court, then Overlord as Minining Village, Lurker and King's Court—gets you to the right game state, so really the setup is one tripled action, one Overlord in hand and one Overlord in your discard pile.

To bring King's Court into Overlord range, use Ferry or 2x(Overlord-as-)Highway. To have 0 cards in deck, use your favorite trasher, or Bonfire/Hireling/Lurker, or Native Village, or whatever else you like. You can payload other self-trashers than Mining Village, but be mindful that you need to draw the other Overlord. Teacher tokens can make a lot of things possible here. To make good use of $∞, add Travelling Fair to the board.

One weakness of this loop is that it's extremely restrictive; other loops let you play an arbitrary payload card of your choice infinitely often. The loop I'm presenting here needs to spend two out of three Overlord plays on Lurker and King's Court, so the first of the three has to be a self-trasher (or else all your cards eventually end up in play and the process stops).

Some loops without this restriction:

--- Quote from: majiponi on November 04, 2016, 09:36:41 am ---Kingdom: Overlord, Lurker, Raze, Watchtower, Crown, Mandarin

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: jonaskoelker on May 29, 2017, 10:04:07 pm ---Kingdom, by cost:
2: Lurker
2p: Scrying Pool
3: Ambassador, Masquerade
4: Cutpurse, Thief, Pirate Ship, Villa
7: King's Court
Events/Landmarks: Bonfire, Travelling Fair

--- End quote ---

There are more loops in the same thread.

crj:

--- Quote from: jonaskoelker on November 17, 2017, 12:44:40 pm ---
* Play the same Overlord as King's Court.
--- End quote ---
Does that work, though? Surely the third time you play the Overlord it's still a Lurker because it's not left play since then?

jonaskoelker:

--- Quote from: crj on November 17, 2017, 01:18:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: jonaskoelker on November 17, 2017, 12:44:40 pm ---
* Play the same Overlord as King's Court.
--- End quote ---
Does that work, though? Surely the third time you play the Overlord it's still a Lurker because it's not left play since then?

--- End quote ---

As part of executing Majiponi's loop, when Qvist plays a Crown'd Overlord as Embargo and then Lurker (at 8:15), the Overlord isn't put back into play. I assume the same would be the case in my loop.

navical:
If you have sufficient (8 definitely works) other cards in hand, then using Tragic Hero instead of Mining Village gives you unlimited buys as well as allowing you to gain the entirety of every Treasure pile in the Supply.

Chappy7:
Wait, you can't use overlord as kings court.  it costs $7

Edit: Ah, it was halfway down the post.  I guess I should thoroughly read before commenting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version