Dominion > Dominion Articles

Bard is not weak

<< < (2/14) > >>

Seprix:
Let's kill this hype train right now. Bard is weak. The fact that you don't get to choose the Boons is killer to Bard. It's fun to imagine hypothetical scenarios but the lack of control is a huge weakness. It's fine in the first shuffle but afterwards it gets horribly weak and usually there's something better to do (spoilers: The heavier the set leans towards Nocturne, the more this is not the case).

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: Seprix on November 17, 2017, 10:35:41 am ---Let's kill this hype train right now. Bard is weak. The fact that you don't get to choose the Boons is killer to Bard. It's fun to imagine hypothetical scenarios but the lack of control is a huge weakness. It's fine in the first shuffle but afterwards it gets horribly weak and usually there's something better to do (spoilers: The heavier the set leans towards Nocturne, the more this is not the case).

--- End quote ---

That's what early economy is. And no, it's not weak, it serves its purpose.

trivialknot:

--- Quote from: Seprix on November 17, 2017, 10:35:41 am ---Let's kill this hype train right now. Bard is weak. The fact that you don't get to choose the Boons is killer to Bard. It's fun to imagine hypothetical scenarios but the lack of control is a huge weakness. It's fine in the first shuffle but afterwards it gets horribly weak and usually there's something better to do (spoilers: The heavier the set leans towards Nocturne, the more this is not the case).

--- End quote ---
I think Bard might be stronger in the context of Nocturne because Night cards don't take up terminal space, and sometimes you need those actions for Imp or Conclave.

Kirian:
Also, +1 to attack and damage for the entire party, and that's at level 1.

Limetime:

--- Quote from: Seprix on November 17, 2017, 10:35:41 am ---
--- End quote ---
Bard is far from strong but it is really good at hitting 5. I hope you know how good hitting 5 is. I even buy silver sometimes to hit 5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version