Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Bard is not weak  (Read 2987 times)

Skumpy

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
Re: Bard is not weak
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2017, 08:31:08 pm »

Tracker > Bard

Considering some of the Boons gain Gold, Silver, or Will-O-Wisps (basically Laboratories in the early game), Tracker's topdecking ability is way more valuable to me than $1 extra from Bard.

Considering some of the cards in the game cost 5, the extra 1 from Bard is way more valuable than the topdecking.

I feel like Bard is somewhat effective in money strategies, making it better for hitting Province later in the game. Tracker is more of a utility card for engines that you pick up on a spare buy.

Bard/BM is probably okay, but I think its main utility is definitely that it's very good at hitting 5 after the first reshuffle. I agree with your characterization of Tracker.

Another card whose main utility is that it's very good at getting you $5 cards after the first reshuffle is Feast.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1850
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2017, 10:57:18 am »
+2

Bard/BM is probably okay, but I think its main utility is definitely that it's very good at hitting 5 after the first reshuffle. I agree with your characterization of Tracker.

Another card whose main utility is that it's very good at getting you $5 cards after the first reshuffle is Feast.

Another card whose main utility is that it's very good at getting you $5 cards after the first reshuffle is Silver.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
  • Respect: +10326
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »
+1

Another card whose main utility is that it's very good at getting you $5 cards after the first reshuffle is Silver.

Except it isn't very good, it's the standard by which everything is judged and Feast and Bard are very good in comparison.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.