Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exchange ghost for changeling  (Read 986 times)

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
Exchange ghost for changeling
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:11:19 pm »
+1

Changeling is clearly a favorite in the rules questions competition.

The rulebook says:
The card being exchanged is returned to its Supply pile, or non-Supply pile, and the card being exchanged for is taken and put into the player's discard pile.

Just to be clear, you can exchange a card for a Changeling as long as that card has a pile, either supply or non-supply?  So if I gain a Ghost, I can return Ghost to its pile, and put a Changeling in my discard pile?  However, if I gain a Cursed Gold with Rogue, I cannot exchange it, because Cursed Gold does not have a pile to be returned to?

I suppose the only time this matters is with Ghost, Wish, or gaining Travellers from the trash.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Exchange ghost for changeling
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:29 pm »
+1

Changeling is clearly a favorite in the rules questions competition.

The rulebook says:
The card being exchanged is returned to its Supply pile, or non-Supply pile, and the card being exchanged for is taken and put into the player's discard pile.

Just to be clear, you can exchange a card for a Changeling as long as that card has a pile, either supply or non-supply?  So if I gain a Ghost, I can return Ghost to its pile, and put a Changeling in my discard pile?  However, if I gain a Cursed Gold with Rogue, I cannot exchange it, because Cursed Gold does not have a pile to be returned to?
Yes, you can't exchange Cursed Gold because you can't return it to its pile (even though it was in the trash when you tried to gain it). You may exchange Ghost for a Changeling.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.