--- Quote ---Bard
Types: Action, Fate
Cost: $4
+$2. Receive a Boon.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Blessed Village
+1 Card, +2 Actions.When you gain this, take a Boon. Receive it now or at the start of your next turn.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Cemetery
Types: Victory
2VPWhen you gain this, trash up to 4 cards from your hand.

Heirloom: Haunted Mirror
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Haunted Mirror
Types: Treasure, Heirloom
Cost: $0
$1.When you trash this, you may discard an Action card, to gain a Ghost from its pile.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Changeling
Types: Night
Cost: $3
Trash this. Gain a copy of a card you have in play.In games using this, when you gain a card costing $3 or more, you may exchange it for a Changeling.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Cobbler
Types: Night, Duration
Cost: $5
At the start of your next turn, gain a card to hand costing up to $4.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Conclave
Types: Action
+$2. You may play an Action card from your hand that you don't have a copy of in play. If you do, +1 Action.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Crypt
Set aside any number of Treasures you have in play, face down (under this). While any remain, at the start of each of your turns, put one of them into your hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Cursed Village
Types: Action, Doom
+2 Actions. Draw until you have 6 cards in hand.When you gain this, receive a Hex.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Den of Sin
At the start of your next turn: +2 Cards.This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Devil's Workshop
If the number of cards you’ve gained this turn is:
2+, gain an Imp from its pile;
1, gain a card costing up to $4;
0, gain a Gold.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Druid
Cost: $2
+1 Buy. Receive one of the set-aside Boons (leaving it there).Setup: Set aside the top 3 Boons face up.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Exorcist
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a cheaper Spirit from one of the Spirit piles.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Faithful Hound
Types: Action, Reaction
+2 Cards.When you discard this other than during Clean-up, you may set it aside, and put it into your hand at end of turn.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Fool
If you aren’t the player with Lost in the Woods, take it, take 3 Boons, and receive the Boons in any order.

Heirloom: Lucky Coin
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Lost in the Woods
Types: State
At the start of your turn, you may discard a card to receive a Boon.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Lucky Coin
$1. When you play this, gain a Silver.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Ghost Town
At the start of your next turn, +1 Card and +1 Action.This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Guardian
Until your next turn, when another player plays an Attack card, it doesn’t affect you. At the start of your next turn, +$1.This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Idol
Types: Treasure, Attack, Fate
$2. When you play this, if you then have an odd number of Idols in play, receive a Boon; if an even number, each other player gains a Curse
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Leprechaun
Types: Action, Doom
Gain a Gold. If you have exactly 7 cards in play, gain a Wish from its pile. Otherwise, receive a Hex.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Monastery
For each card you’ve gained this turn, you may trash a card from your hand or a Copper you have in play.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Necromancer
Play a face up, non-Duration Action card from the trash, leaving it there and turning it face down for the turn.Setup: Put the 3 Zombies into the trash.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Zombie Apprentice
Types: Action, Zombie
You may trash an Action card from your hand for +3 Cards and +1 Action.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Zombie Mason
Trash the top card of your deck. You may gain a card costing up to $1 more than it.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Zombie Spy
+1 Card, +1 Action. Look at the top card of your deck. Discard it or put it back.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Night Watchman
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, discard any number, and put the rest back in any order.This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Pixie
+1 Card, +1 Action. Discard the top Boon. You may trash this to receive that Boon twice.

Heirloom: Goat
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Goat
$1. When you play this, you may trash a card from your hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Pooka
You may trash a Treasure other than Cursed Gold from your hand. If you do, +4 Cards.

Heirloom: Cursed Gold.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Cursed Gold
+$3. When you play this, gain a Curse.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Raider
Types: Night, Duration, Attack
Cost: $6
Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand discards a copy of a card you have in play (or reveals they can’t). At the start of your next turn, +$3.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Sacred Grove
+1 Buy, +$3. Receive a Boon. If it doesn't give +$1, each other player may receive it.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Secret Cave
Types: Action, Duration
+1 Card, +1 Action. You may discard 3 cards. If you did, then at the start of your next turn: +$3.

Heirloom: Magic Lamp
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Magic Lamp
Cost: $0
$1.When you play this, if there are at least 6 cards that you have exactly 1 copy of in play, trash this. If you do, gain 3 Wishes from their pile.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Shepherd
+1 Action. Discard any number of Victory card, revealing them. +2 Cards per card discarded.

Heirloom: Pasture
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Pasture
Types: Treasure, Victory, Heirloom
$1.Worth 1VP per Estate you have.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Skulk
Types: Action, Attack, Doom
+1 Buy. Each other player receives the next Hex.When you gain this, gain a Gold.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Tormentor
Types: Action, Attack, Doom
+$2. If you have no other cards in play, gain an Imp from its pile. Otherwise, each other player receives the next Hex.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Tracker
+$1. Receive a Boon.While this is in play, when you gain a card, you may put that card onto your deck.

Heirloom: Pouch
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Pouch
$1, +1 Buy.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Tragic Hero
+3 Cards, +1 Buy. If you have 8 or more cards in hand (after drawing), trash this and gain a Treasure.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Vampire
Types: Night, Attack, Doom
Each other player receives the next Hex. Gain a card costing up to $5 other than a Vampire. Exchange this for a Bat.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Bat
Cost: $2*
Trash up to 2 cards from your hand. If you trashed at least one, exchange this for a Vampire.
(This is not in the Supply)
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Werewolf
Types: Action, Night, Attack, Doom
If it's your Night phase, each other player receives the next Hex. Otherwise, +3 Cards.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Ghost
Types: Night, Duration, Spirit
Cost: $4*
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Action. Discard the other cards and
set aside the Action. At the start of your next turn, play it twice.
(This is not in the Supply.)
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Imp
Types: Action, Spirit
Cost: $2*
+2 Cards. You may play an Action card from your hand that you don't have a copy of in play.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Wish
Cost: $0*
+1 Action. Return this to its pile. If you did, gain a card to your hand costing up to $6.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Will-o'-Wisp
Types: Action, Spirit
Cost: $0*
+1 Card, +1 Action. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it costs $2 or less, put it into your hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Bad Omens
Types: Hex
Put your deck into your discard pile. Look through it and put 2 Coppers from it onto your deck (or reveal you can't).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Delusion
If you don't have Deluded or Envious, take Deluded.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Deluded
At the Start of your Buy phase, return this, and you can't buy Actions this turn.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Envy
If you don't have Deluded or Envious, take Envious.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Envious
At the start of your Buy phase, return this and Silver and Gold make $1 this turn.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Famine
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Discard the Actions. Shuffle the rest into your deck.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Fear
If you have at least 5 cards in hand, discard an Action or Treasure (or reveal you can't).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Greed
Gain a Copper onto your deck.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Haunting
If you have at least 4 cards in hand, put one of them onto your deck.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Locusts
Trash the top card of your deck. If it's Copper or Estate, gain a Curse. Otherwise, gain a cheaper card that shares a type with it.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Misery
If this is your first Misery this game, take Miserable. Otherwise, flip it over to Twice Miserable
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Miserable
-2VP.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Twice Miserable
-4VP.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Plague
Gain a Curse to your hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Poverty
Discard down to 3 cards in hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---War
Reveal cards from your deck until revealing one costing $3 or $4. Trash it and discard the rest.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Earth's Gift
Type: Boon
You may discard a Treasure to gain a card costing up to $4.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Field's Gift
+1 Action, +$1.
(Keep this until Clean-up.)
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Flame's Gift
You may trash a card from your hand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Forest's Gift
+1 Buy, +$1.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Moon's Gift
Look through your discard pile. You may put a card from it on top of your deck.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Mountain's Gift
Gain a Silver.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The River's Gift
+1 Card at the end of this turn.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Sky's Gift
You may discard 3 cards to gain a Gold.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Sun's Gift
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Discard any number of them and put the rest back in any order.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Swamp's Gift
Gain a Will-o'-Wisp from its pile.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The Wind's Gift
+2 Cards. Discard 2 cards.
--- End quote ---

faust:
About the remaining revealed cards.

Bard: Simple and probably fine. I'm surprised we didn't get this as a preview. Very soft introduction to Boons.

Changeling: It's confusing and hard to evaluate. There is probably a neat Trader combo hidden in this. In fact, any card that makes you gain Silvers gets a lot more interesting with this present. I like it.

Cobbler: Like a less powerful cheaper nonterminal Artisan, or something. Seems good.

Conclave: It's a Silver-Village! It calls for variety, which is always nice.

Den of Sin: Quite a bit less exciting than the name suggested. An Expedition on-play, but the actual effect is a lot weaker than its counterparts Wharf and Haunted Woods. I expect you'll only get it if you need the extra +cards for the next turn.

Guardian: This I don't get at all. It's a lame reprint of Lighthouse, and that wasn't the most exciting card to begin with. Okay, I guess you can get it just when you're scared of being attacked, but still I think this is my least favorite Nocturne card.

Monastery: I have no idea how this will play, which is a good thing.

Night Watchman: Another gain-to-hand effect. I guess the main use is slogs and maybe setting up a megaturn. Otherwise, the effect seems pretty weak (see Navigator).

Sacred Grove: Feels like it's a bit unbalanced because the +coin option is just much better. But then, maybe it's fine because generally speaking the +coin Boons are on the weaker side.

Secret Cave: Neat, and probably useful for spiking high price points early.

Magic Lamp: I guess here is the Reason we need more Wishes. It's quite nice, though I would have expected something that interacts with being discarded to go with Secret Cave.

Tormentor: The Imp thing is weird and I don't really get it.

Tracker: An action Royal Seal, huh? It seems way less useful and versatile than Watchtower, but then again, it only costs $2.

Pouch: Well. They can't all be super exciting. Though I guess this can be one of the more impactful Heirlooms on boards with no other +buy.

Tragic Hero: Huh. I like that it does the same thing Hero does, but the Tragic Hero dies in the process. Very neat flavor tie-in. It seems like a solid card, though what's a bit strange is that in an engine it is more likely to give Treasures and you don't want them, and in BM it is more likely to stick around when you'd want Treasures.

Awaclus:
I hope the ban list feature gets implemented soon so I can put Guardian on it.

JW:

--- Quote from: Fragasnap on November 16, 2017, 07:48:51 am ---
--- Quote ---Bard
+$2. Receive a Boon.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: faust on November 16, 2017, 08:12:38 am ---Bard: Simple and probably fine. I'm surprised we didn't get this as a preview. Very soft introduction to Boons.

--- End quote ---

Bard seems both weak and uninteresting. If it was the only terminal action that gave coin(s) and a Boon, this would be easier to forgive, but with Sacred Grove and Tracker in the set it feels very uninspired as well.

--- Quote from: JW on October 28, 2017, 12:40:33 pm ---Having now seen Exorcist, I'm not sure why there are 12 Wishes for Leprechaun but only 6 Ghosts for Exorcist (obviously there's no need for more than 6 Ghosts with Haunted Mirror). Wish is an action that is hard to gain, gives +1 Action when played (so it's easy to play), and returns itself to its pile. I assume with 12 Wishes they are much less likely to run out than the Ghosts. Why not, say, 10 Wishes and 8 Ghosts?

--- End quote ---

I should have guessed that there was a card that gained multiple Wishes at a time (Magic Lamp)!

Eran of Arcadia:
Guardian is a Lighthouse you can't ever draw dead. It seems almost strictly better, except for cards that care about if something is an Action.

Not that anyone was clamoring for a strictly better Lighthouse, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version