Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: future plans  (Read 10729 times)

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: future plans
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 03:03:01 am »
+1

I would like to give more attention to compatibility with Android and iPad devices.

Super, we will get reorder for Android :-)

FemurLemur

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: FemurLemur
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:43:45 am »
+1

Yes yes, we're spinning it right here.
Let's make some more posts for people to upvote.
Or do you think people have standards and the posts actually need to contain information?
The biggest thing is to only make one point per post. If you make two points, someone may agree with one but not the other, and so deny you the upvote.

Unless one of the points is going to be slightly controversial and the other is going to be humorous in nature. Then you can bank on people upvoting the humor even if they don't agree with the serious point. Down that road lies (theoretical, virtual) profit.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 08:01:51 pm »
+7

I upvoted everyone who said anything remotely related to the content of the opening post.
But I hope it does more if I make it explicit? Please if you considered actually responding to it, do so.

Oh and I upvoted Seprix. He made a picture that was funny. You have to upvote those, it's the law on f.ds
Join the Dominion League!

Icehawk78

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: Nicholas Galauxy
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 08:05:09 pm »
+1

I've got a game model question - are there any plans for storing which piles/zones started with any given cards, for pairing split piles, knights, black market, etc?

I currently don't (and thus also your UI currently doesn't) have a way to link split piles together once emptied, or hide the contents of certain piles (BM) without accidentally revealing deck contents.

Updating the card model to contain either a starting zone or something similar would solve this issue.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 06:14:58 am »
+1

I've got a game model question - are there any plans for storing which piles/zones started with any given cards, for pairing split piles, knights, black market, etc?

I currently don't (and thus also your UI currently doesn't) have a way to link split piles together once emptied, or hide the contents of certain piles (BM) without accidentally revealing deck contents.

Updating the card model to contain either a starting zone or something similar would solve this issue.

Yes for sure. We intend to completely rewrite the game model in the client.

In the gameserver I have a concept of "pile name" associated with cards, and we'll also add that to the client model.
For almost all cards the pile name is just the same as the card name, but there are a few exceptions (bottom half of split piles, ruins, knights, ...)
Join the Dominion League!

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »

This is a talk I recently watched that discusses why OOP has a hard time keeping track of time. Stef's discussion reminded me of it. I don't know if anyone here is interested in such things, but it made me wonder if implementing Dominion would be easier in a functional programming language.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 02:35:58 am »
+1

I upvoted everyone who said anything remotely related to the content of the opening post.
But I hope it does more if I make it explicit? Please if you considered actually responding to it, do so.

Oh and I upvoted Seprix. He made a picture that was funny. You have to upvote those, it's the law on f.ds

One thing that is not completely clear is, who is working at shuffle it? Of course you are not expected to publish the full payroll or anything, but it would be nice to know who is who, also for online interactions.
As I understand it, you are working on the servers, Ingix works on the client, and then there are a number of f:dsers that help with translations, community management and maybe also graphics?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:30 am »
+2

One thing that is not completely clear is, who is working at shuffle it? Of course you are not expected to publish the full payroll or anything, but it would be nice to know who is who, also for online interactions.
As I understand it, you are working on the servers, Ingix works on the client, and then there are a number of f:dsers that help with translations, community management and maybe also graphics?

Ingix doesn't work for ShuffleiT, just a nice person who reads and responds to bug reports.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

Ingix doesn't work for ShuffleiT, just a nice person who reads and responds to bug reports.

QED. :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.