Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19  All

Author Topic: NM11: anagrams (over and done) (eOven! dan? ron?)  (Read 60968 times)

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's day 1!) (i... ya, 1 STD)
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2017, 11:06:54 pm »

I am alive.

also, joining the bandwagon.

vote Skumpy

!!!!! The hell??? Why? I'll read this as an amateur mistake but this looks very bad for you.

Why exactly does this look bad for him from your perspective?

Uh, because putting someone at L-1 without announcing it is bad, jumping on a bandwagon because "hahaha it's a bandwagon this is fun" is super duper scummy. Skumpy was at L-2 at that point, and that revote put him at L-1 again, completely unannounced, and for the scummiest reasons. It's so blatant that I'm willing to read it as an amateur mistake but geeeeeeeez

Not sure alignment can really be accurately assigned this early...

But right now, this is reminding me a lot of Vizzini.

So I ask you this: Are you the sort of man who would put the poison in his own goblet, or his enemy's?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2017, 12:51:28 am »

What specifically is reminding you of Vizzini? What Seprix is saying?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:46 am »

Read list:

Towny:
  • faust - He helped getting this game going and I like all his posts. Or he is just scum playing well.
Null - Towny:
  • DatSwan - Was interested in getting this game going. Haven’t heard much lately.
  • Xxraptorslayer96 - Asking good questions
Null:
  • Witherweaver - Nothing much to see yet.
  • Awaclus - Not much yet, but thinking of older games that is too be expecte(?)[l/i]
Scummy - Null:
  • Seprix - Where is you content?
  • stevanzzo - same question
Scummy:
  • Skumpy - I voted him in the first place to generate discussion and each of his following posts convinced me to keep my vote there. And he ignores the fact that his wagon has spawned discussion.

PPE: Awaclus

I think this is a townie post.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:46 am »

Vote: Skumpy

wagons!

I’ll Vote: Witherweaver

Reasons:
-votes without stating reasoning
-isn’t contributing very much
-I would expect an experienced player to be trying harder to scum hunt.

Playing without contributing is just vet privilege. Ask Robz about it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2017, 12:54:48 am »

Stupid Skumpy, which is what I am most of the team
And in the rare cases when I somehow get wagons, Salty Skumpy.
Some people (namely yourself) get sick of the first persona, and so vote it to make it finally shut up since it's always comfortable when its flying above suspicion. Then you get the second one.
Please do not presume to know what I think or why I vote and make completely unfounded assumptions on how I feel about your playstyle. I am not voting you because I "got sick" of your in-game persona, and claiming any such thing is a deliberate attempt to disqualify my legitimate scumread on you.

...this was phrased badly in the first place, then it got equivocated, and now even I'm not sure as to what I meant exactly. I'm going to drop this now unless people really really want me to break it down in depth.

Skumpy, how many games have you payed before?

1 finished, 1 in progress.

wagons!

Reasons:

Another vote I get and am fine with. Verve were a ho twit because any wagon that's not on me is strictly better, and everybody trusts faust apparently. Which is a first in my limited experience, interestingly. If Raptor's scum, this is a huge improvement over your first game. If your town, it's a huge improvement over your last game (plz no modkill for compliments).

Lolz didn’t realize this was actually happening.

Unvote

This is scummy.

It's what I'd do as town. Or scum too probably, but that's why this is null.

@SirClemens' reads: I've never played with scum!faust before. But I know that to give him towncred for that is a bad call. Even if faust's town, you're severely underestimating scum ability. Unless you already know this.

Ignores the fact that my wagon has spawned discussion? No, that part is fantastic, I agree. What's not fantastic is the guinea pig who's generating discussion. Is there a reason you don't want to vote somewhere else and generate even more discussion? Like Witherweaver?

I'm now realizing that of the 4 people I haven't played with, 1 is MIA and 3 are voting for me. Go read M105, know this is standard me. Except for being at L-1 D1, that's a first. It is not hard to tell when I'm skummy. If there's doubt in your mind, the case is closed.

Also, talking is not scummy or Skummy, even when I have to talk in order to not get lynched. People who fly under the radar doing nothing is worth more attention. And there have been a lot of them so far. The focus is ridiculously misplaced, I've never seen a tunnel this hard, which is even more insane because it's on me. None of you have any alarm bells ringing, saying "maaaaaybe this is a really dumb decsion???"

@schadd: Vote is in the middle. Sorrry

I don't know what kind of post this is. Is he always like this?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2017, 12:55:35 am »

I am alive.

vote Skumpy

!!!!! The hell??? Why? I'll read this as an amateur mistake but this looks very bad for you.

Uh, because putting someone at L-1 without announcing it is bad, jumping on a bandwagon because "hahaha it's a bandwagon this is fun" is super duper scummy. Skumpy was at L-2 at that point, and that revote put him at L-1 again, completely unannounced, and for the scummiest reasons. It's so blatant that I'm willing to read it as an amateur mistake but geeeeeeeez

Why didn't you vote for Stevanz?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2017, 12:57:02 am »

Just keeping the vote at 4 so I could see who drops and/or who pushed him over the edge.

That being said, it's down to 3 by my count (probably wrong, I'm bad at counting.) so unvote.

As for it looking bad, sure. From the reactions earlier, unvoting makes it look worse. ;)

Wait, so do you think Skumpy is town or scum?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2017, 12:58:08 am »

@SirClemens' reads: I've never played with scum!faust before. But I know that to give him towncred for that is a bad call. Even if faust's town, you're severely underestimating scum ability. Unless you already know this.
"Never townread faust" is not a viable solution though. Hard as it may be, you have to figure out a way to read me.

I think the answer is just sheep Faust. And if that doesn't work, then lynch Faust.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:18 am »

Stupid Skumpy, which is what I am most of the team
And in the rare cases when I somehow get wagons, Salty Skumpy.
Some people (namely yourself) get sick of the first persona, and so vote it to make it finally shut up since it's always comfortable when its flying above suspicion. Then you get the second one.
Please do not presume to know what I think or why I vote and make completely unfounded assumptions on how I feel about your playstyle. I am not voting you because I "got sick" of your in-game persona, and claiming any such thing is a deliberate attempt to disqualify my legitimate scumread on you.

...this was phrased badly in the first place, then it got equivocated, and now even I'm not sure as to what I meant exactly. I'm going to drop this now unless people really really want me to break it down in depth.

Skumpy, how many games have you payed before?

1 finished, 1 in progress.

wagons!

Reasons:

Another vote I get and am fine with. Verve were a ho twit because any wagon that's not on me is strictly better, and everybody trusts faust apparently. Which is a first in my limited experience, interestingly. If Raptor's scum, this is a huge improvement over your first game. If your town, it's a huge improvement over your last game (plz no modkill for compliments).

Unvote

This is scummy.

It's what I'd do as town. Or scum too probably, but that's why this is null.

Ignores the fact that my wagon has spawned discussion? No, that part is fantastic, I agree. What's not fantastic is the guinea pig who's generating discussion. Is there a reason you don't want to vote somewhere else and generate even more discussion? Like Witherweaver?

I'm now realizing that of the 4 people I haven't played with, 1 is MIA and 3 are voting for me. Go read M105, know this is standard me. Except for being at L-1 D1, that's a first. It is not hard to tell when I'm skummy. If there's doubt in your mind, the case is closed.

Also, talking is not scummy or Skummy, even when I have to talk in order to not get lynched. People who fly under the radar doing nothing is worth more attention. And there have been a lot of them so far. The focus is ridiculously misplaced, I've never seen a tunnel this hard, which is even more insane because it's on me. None of you have any alarm bells ringing, saying "maaaaaybe this is a really dumb decsion???"

@schadd: Vote is in the middle. Sorrry

Yeah it is normal. But occasionally they are extremely entertaining :P
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2017, 02:03:39 am »

OK so I have been reading but I haven't really been contributing all that much. Here are some potential topics for discussion:

Hey everyone!

I HIT RAVES

i shit, vera?

first off I fucked this up. It was supposed to be I Hate RVS. I failed. I think Iguana hates RVS too though, so... II HATE RVS?

vote: skumpy for not already submitting a post about breaking the set up. Dude its been like 2 days.

So like I was joking when I did this obviously. But on a serious note, I think Skum!Skumpy would be more aware of keeping image and making sure to have that post in.

I am so freeking bored guys someone say something.

Any idea how to move this game forward? I agree with you that a NEO claim would be bad, any claim would be bad this early in the game.

Towny from new player. Skum noob would lurk imo most the time in this slow start.

I am so freeking bored guys someone say something.

Any idea how to move this game forward? I agree with you that a NEO claim would be bad, any claim would be bad this early in the game.
Well you could tell us who you think is scum.

Most players haven‘t done anything that indicates their alignment. DatSwan seems towny, not sure what to make of Skumpy‘s last post.

Or we can get a nice wagon started on Skumpy. Already have two votes. The guy is scum, you've heard it here first.

I guess I will sheep Vote: Skumpy

Vet coaching a skum buddy? Normally would be my thought, but original read from above on SC (can I call you SC?) would counter that.

Or we can get a nice wagon started on Skumpy. Already have two votes. The guy is scum, you've heard it here first.

Wait, I know you are a really good player, but how can so few posts make you sure he is scum?
Here's how this works:

Any post that you make will slide you mildly towards being town or being scum in my head. Some will barely do anything, but still a tiny bit. So, after a lot of posts, usually I have a decent idea about alignment. (Of course sometimes I get conflicting reads and am still unsure, and sometimes I misread people.)

Now we don't have a lot of posts, yes. But the posts we do have still put everyone in a camp of either tentatively town or tentatively scum. Thus, once everyone posted a few things, someone will end up the scummiest, even though compared to late-game reads it's still not going off much.

So, am I sure Skumpy is scum? Well, no. But he is the scummiest of the bunch of you, and so I am going to push his lynch. Since you need to create activity and discussion, it does not actually matter how strong your read is, you should push for some lynch, defend someone, or else do stuff that other people can agree or disagree with as this gets the game moving. This is why I usually push hard, no matter how much evidence there actually is.

And I am back to neutral/leaning skummy. This seems set up. When I played with skum partner Faust in 110 he brought up me acting unknowing to earn town points more than once.

Wow is skumpy really L-1 already??
request vote count

Skumpy is being a lot less strange then the other games I’ve played with him. I don’t think he’s the most townie, but pushing the quick lynch does nothing here. I have no problem voting him. But at the very least we can keep him alive to see his interactions with other players.

request prods on Stevanzzo

lol. Raptor requesting a prod...

I am alive.

vote Skumpy

Were you aware of how many votes were on Skumpy when you did this?

Unvote

This is scummy.

How is this skummy? I RVSed him. Wasn't around. He grew to L-1. Day potentially could of ended prior to half way mark. I unvoted. Skummy = saying this was in any way skummy.

Read list:

Towny:
  • faust - He helped getting this game going and I like all his posts. Or he is just scum playing well.
Null - Towny:
  • DatSwan - Was interested in getting this game going. Haven’t heard much lately.
Null:
  • Awaclus - Not much yet, but thinking of older games that is too be expecte(?)[l/i]
Scummy - Null:
Scummy:
  • Skumpy - I voted him in the first place to generate discussion and each of his following posts convinced me to keep my vote there. And he ignores the fact that his wagon has spawned discussion.

Town points. trying hard, and succeeding in a sense, to be helpful.

wagons!

Reasons:

I actually disregarded this post the first time through, but upon further thought I agree with the third point. That being said, I haven't really been doing much either so I guess who am I to judge.

Just keeping the vote at 4 so I could see who drops and/or who pushed him over the edge.

That being said, it's down to 3 by my count (probably wrong, I'm bad at counting.) so unvote.

As for it looking bad, sure. From the reactions earlier, unvoting makes it look worse. ;)

Just... strange. Original logic I suppose has merit to it, but then I don't really understand the unvote. It's not like he is gonna pick up 4 over night or something. Did you not think he was skummy at all?

"Never townread faust" is not a viable solution though. Hard as it may be, you have to figure out a way to read me.

So yeah... but I would say to everyone that the play on the pros this game would be guilty until proven innocent. Furthermore, i think you kind of had to accept that would be the mentality of most going into this. This post actually reads way too odd to me all together.

I am alive.

vote Skumpy

But you didn't think it was skummy when WW did it a few hours prior to that?

I think the answer is just sheep Faust. And if that doesn't work, then lynch Faust.

As you are 50% of the non Faust players that have enough experience to go into this game disregarding the fact Faust has "a lot of experience", I think it is weird you would suggest this. Almost like you know you want it to happen...

And that is the game in my eyes thus far. Where I am at:

Skummy: WW, Faust, Clemens

Skummy/Null: stevanzzo, Awaclus

Null: Skumpy

Towny: Raptor, Seprix

Vote: WW for now seems fun

real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:50 am »

I like Skumpy‘s latest post unvote

What about skumpys post made him go from bottom of your list to seprix being bottom?

It just made Skumpy move one tier up and I voted Seprix for lurking. He stopped doing that and stevanzzo is entitled to a day 1 pass as a newbie. So unvote
Newbie passes aren't actually a good idea in a newbie game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:23 am »

I kind of want to vote DatSwan for being so very wrong. But that's probably just DatSwan. So I suppose vote: Seprix.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2017, 02:12:31 am »

The whole WW wagon is a load of nonsense. WW's play so far is completely normal for him. In fact the only thing to be said against it would be that it is too normal, but that isn't the case people are making.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:39 am »

Read list:

Towny:
Null - Towny:
Null:
Scummy - Null:
Scummy:

I think this is a townie post.
Eh.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:52 am »

Well, kind of, but also not really. I mean Skumpy always likes to talk about himself, but here it feels off.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2017, 02:36:42 am »

I kind of want to vote DatSwan for being so very wrong. But that's probably just DatSwan. So I suppose vote: Seprix.

See there you go. That has wayyyy more of a Town!Faust feel to it. Its also like exactly what I would do if I were skum and knew WW was town so changed my mind.

Vote: Faust
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2017, 03:06:52 am »

wagons!

Reasons:

Voting without stating your reasoning is super pro town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:03 am »

wagons!

Reasons:

Voting without stating your reasoning is super pro town.

It depends in all honesty.

I am alive.

vote Skumpy

Uh, because ... but geeeeeeeez

Why didn't you vote for Stevanz?

I already said the reason  :P

wagons!

Reasons:

Playing without contributing is just vet privilege. Ask Robz about it.

8)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:31 am »

Not sure alignment can really be accurately assigned this early...

But right now, this is reminding me a lot of Vizzini.

So I ask you this: Are you the sort of man who would put the poison in his own goblet, or his enemy's?

vote: stevanzzo
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:08 am »

(can I call you SC?)

Sure.

Not sure where I should vote though.

Should we decide on the lynch tomorrow? 8th December would be a little rushed, and rushed lynches are bad from what I’ve seen.
I don’t think I will be here for the deadline. I can look at the posts a little bit at 01:20 am forum time on the 8th.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:44 am »

Vote: Seprix

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:05 am »

Should we decide on the lynch tomorrow? 8th December would be a little rushed, and rushed lynches are bad from what I’ve seen.
I have hardly ever seen this work (that is, deciding to settle on a lynch before deadline and then actually pulling it through).

Also there's no reason to do this. If we decide to settle on a lynch tomorrow, then things will get rushed once we try to settle for something tomorrow evening. The rush can only be prevented by an early quickhammer. Unfortunately, you said these were bad.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:25 pm »

I still like my vote where it is

He put skumpy at L-1 the first time, unannounced and I don’t agree that vets don’t need to contribute.

I’m also willing to lynch Stevan

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:08 pm »

bumlp
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:15 pm »

plubm
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.