Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is this a Silk Road board?  (Read 1474 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Is this a Silk Road board?
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:06:14 am »

cards in supply: Golem, Great Hall, Haggler, Haven, Library, Pirate Ship, Potion, Secret Chamber, Silk Road, Tactician, and Watchtower

I basically went for a Silk Roads strategy with 2 Hagglers.
Firstly I used the Hagglers for Great Halls + Havens, later for Silk Roads + Silver and Duchy + Silver. So I used the Hagglers to basically keep my buy power up while greening. Havens were helpful to line up the buys and not waste any $.

My opponent went for 2 Pirate Ships, a Tactician and the rest money. Due to my quick dilution, his Pirate Ships got stuck at $2.

Without spoiling the outcome, what do you guys think, is this a Silk Roads board? I always get kind of (over)excited when I see Silk Roads with other VP cards. In this game, the only +Buy is Tactician, but I thought I didn't need it. With Havens and Haggler, getting an average of ~$5 wasn't that hard.

The big problem with my strategy is that it basically isn't a rush. Getting those cards would take a lot of turns. So I wasn't exactly rushing, but not holding out either. In the actual game, I got one Province when the opportunity presented itself.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a Silk Road board?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:26:07 am »

I just ad-hoced this strategy to 95:5 against BMU, and 75:25 against 2Hagglers.  But it does not really empty GH, but piles on SR, Duchies, Estates.  Beside that, yes, I think it's a SR-board.

What else is around? Pirate Ship? Tactician + ... Haggler? BM+Lib? Golem + PS? Nothing that really looks like it can go for 8 Provinces.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:38 pm »

There could be some strange stuff going on in this set but tactician + secret chamber can also bring home the silk roads against a pirate.

Ferrouswheel

• Baron
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:49 pm »

There could be some strange stuff going on in this set but tactician + secret chamber can also bring home the silk roads against a pirate.

Well if you can pull it off, Tactician gives you 10 cards, and two actions and buys, you can secret chamber 7 cards leaving you 2, one being a tactician and the other discard fodder giving you enough for silk road + great hall, or duchy + estate, or Tactician + secret chamber as your two buys.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3670
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »

If the other guy is consistently playing pirate ships you can use the secret chambers to help cycle past your green cards faster.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.