Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Any Sports Fans Around Here?  (Read 832 times)

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
Any Sports Fans Around Here?
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:20 am »

Any other big sports fans here?
If so, what's the best sporting event you've ever attended or watched, and how is your team doing currently, and what is the funniest sporting event you've attended or watched?

I'd say my favorite sports to watch are Gridiron Football (American-style, although Canadian-style is interesting, too), World Cup Soccer (Still pretty sad about 'Murica not qualifying for the World Cup, but at least Germany made it, so that's good. Hopefully die Mannschaft can win the whole thing again) and Basketball. Never really played sports much as I was never the most athletic of people.

The best sporting event I've ever attended was the unranked Iowa State Cyclones upsetting No.2 in the nation Oklahoma State Cowboys in 2011 (am a lifelong Iowa State fan). The Iowa State football team is actually good this year. They're 6-2 coming this season (6 wins, 2 losses) off a 14-7 win over the TCU Horned Frogs. Up to this season, Iowa State was something like 1-56-2 (their 1 win being against top 5 teams being against Oklahoma State in 2011) against top 5 nationally ranked teams. As of yesterday evening (10/28), they are 3-56-2, the other win against a top 5 team being a road win against the Oklahoma Sooners (Iowa State hasn't beaten Oklahoma in football since like 1990).

The funniest sporting event I've ever watched was Germany's 7-1 thrashing of Brazil in Brazil during the 2014 World Cup semifinal.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:56:08 am by Trogdor the Burninator »
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: Any Sports Fans Around Here?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »
+1

Attended? Probably the Indians playoff team in the 90s.

Watched? Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.

How's my team doing currently? They just went to London and embarrassed the NFL by sucking, again.

Funniest? When Average Joe's came back against Globogym in the ADAA Finals.

Edit: I've always preferred playing to watching.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:13:58 pm by enfynet »
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.