Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: New German Promo 'Abbruch'  (Read 33140 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: New German Promo 'Abbruch'
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2017, 08:57:48 am »

That's why I wrote "just a Potion" (having Transmute and Vineyard in mind) and "just Debt" (having Engineer, City Quarter, Overlord, and Royal Blacksmith in mind).

Well that's not true either, Alchemist doesn't cost less (or more) than Duchy.
What is untrue in this statement "Cards costing just a Potion or just Debt do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them." (in Dismantle context of course) - where "just X" means "no cost in coins, but in X only"?

Nothing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2017, 09:31:11 am »

That's why I wrote "just a Potion" (having Transmute and Vineyard in mind) and "just Debt" (having Engineer, City Quarter, Overlord, and Royal Blacksmith in mind).
Well that's not true either, Alchemist doesn't cost less (or more) than Duchy.
What is untrue in this statement "Cards costing just a Potion or just Debt do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them." (in Dismantle context of course) - where "just X" means "no cost in coins, but in X only"?

Sorry I get what you're saying now, I was thrown by the wording. I don't know how I'd word it, but I might just say "ignore potion and debt".
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2017, 09:36:49 am »
+1

I haven't spotted a FAQ for this card, so I made this myself:

First you trash a card from your hand, if you have any. If the trashed card has any on-trashed abilities (like Hunting Grounds from Dominion: Dark Ages), or you have an on-trash Reaction such as Market Square (from Dominion: Dark Ages), you resolve them now. Then you check the cost of the trashed card, applying any cost-reducing effects, like that of Bridge (from Dominion: Intrigue) or Highway (from Dominion: Hinterlands) - if the card costs $1 or more, you gain a cheaper card and a Gold. The gained cards must come from the Supply. If there is no cheaper card in the Supply, you still gain a Gold (if available) and vice versa. Cards costing just a Potion (from Dominion: Alchemy) or just Debt (from Dominion: Empires) do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them. If you do not trash a card, you gain nothing.

Too wordy?

Yeah, that's too wordy. Let me take a crack at editing it.

If there is no cheaper card in the Supply, you still gain a Gold (if available) and vice versa. Cards costing just a Potion (from Dominion: Alchemy) or just Debt (from Dominion: Empires) do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them. If you do not trash a card, you gain nothing.

m_knox

• Steward
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:45 am »

Yeah, that's too wordy. Let me take a crack at editing it.

If there is no cheaper card in the Supply, you still gain a Gold (if available) and vice versa. Cards costing just a Potion (from Dominion: Alchemy) or just Debt (from Dominion: Empires) do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them. If you do not trash a card, you gain nothing.

Add one sentence about the cost maybe? Changeling has similar one.

If there is no cheaper card in the Supply, you still gain a Gold (if available) and vice versa. You gain no cards if the trashed card costs less than $1, even if it normally costs $1 or more. Cards costing just a Potion (from Dominion: Alchemy) or just Debt (from Dominion: Empires) do not cost $1 or more, so you gain no cards if you trash them. If you do not trash a card, you gain nothing.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
+10

I got my copy of Dismantle today.  Scans of it, and the second edition versions of Envoy and Black Market, are now on the wiki.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2017, 04:43:23 pm »
+2

And I just played a game with it on ShuffleIt
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:33 pm »
+3

I just played a game with it on my card table!
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2017, 05:47:16 am »
+2

Just got my Dutch one in the mail.
They gave it to me for complaining about translation errors to their customer service.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2018, 06:58:20 am »

I can't say anything about Dismantle, but Nocturne translations were done by your fellow Dominion players, in-house, for Shuffle iT.  They could have gone with Teufelswerkstatt, but they felt Giftkuche was more evocative, and I agree with them.

Will the word "erhälst" also be seen on the printed cards?
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2018, 12:11:25 pm »
+2

Quote from: The Secret History of the Dominion Promos
Altenburger also wanted the world champion for this coming year to get to make a card. We said no! We are willing to put their face on a card, that is as far as we will go. However, as it happens, Adam is the current world champion. So a world champion did get to design a card.

So Dismantle is AdamH reading the "Neat and potentially useful card interactions" thread?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2018, 06:50:46 pm »
+3

Here's my go at a FAQ:

Trashing is not optional.  If you trash a card costing , or if you have no cards left in hand to trash, nothing else happens.  If you trash a card costing or more, you gain a cheaper card and a Gold.  Both come from the Supply, and are put into your discard pile.  The cheaper card goes into your discard pile first.  For example, if you trash a Silver (costing ), you could gain an Estate (costing ).  There will almost always be a cheaper card in the Supply, since Copper and Curse cost , but if there aren't any, you still gain a Gold.  If there aren't any Gold left in the Supply, you still gain the cheaper card.  Cards that cost only (like Transmute from Alchemy) or only (like Engineer from Empires) do not cost or more.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

Cards that cost only (like Transmute from Alchemy) or only (like Engineer from Empires) do not cost or more.

...But cards that have alongside either or in their cost, like Alchemist or Fortune, do cost or more.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2018, 08:44:08 pm »

Cards that cost only (like Transmute from Alchemy) or only (like Engineer from Empires) do not cost or more.

...But cards that have alongside either or in their cost, like Alchemist or Fortune, do cost or more.

I'm just wondering if that additional clause is exactly necessary.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.