Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: New German Promo 'Abbruch'  (Read 33110 times)

MrFrog

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrFrog
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
Re: New German Promo 'Abbruch'
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 03:12:06 pm »
+2

The English version is called Dismantle

Wow, I didn't expect to guess the right name.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 03:25:42 pm »

Why does it have Empires-like art? Or maybe that was unintentional and the pillars just remind me of Empires.

The art shows a person taking away stones from an ancient building for something else.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 03:28:58 pm »
+5

Why does it have Empires-like art? Or maybe that was unintentional and the pillars just remind me of Empires.

The art shows a person taking away stones from an ancient building for something else.

Which is totally a thing that would happen.  A lot of European cathedrals built in medieval or Renaissance times were constructed from stones taken from Roman ruins.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 04:04:56 pm »
+5

Wow, they're pissing me off more and more: First they announce to wait a year before releasing Nocturne, then they make a new Promo and don't bring it to Essen, but only maek it available at tournaments which probably be 3 4p games with the same players and no expansion after Seaside again.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 04:37:18 pm »
+2

Wow, they're pissing me off more and more: First they announce to wait a year before releasing Nocturne, then they make a new Promo and don't bring it to Essen, but only maek it available at tournaments which probably be 3 4p games with the same players and no expansion after Seaside again.

Planning on releasing Nocturne any time soon?

"What? Nooooooo"
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 05:31:00 pm »

Wow, they're pissing me off more and more: First they announce to wait a year before releasing Nocturne, then they make a new Promo and don't bring it to Essen, but only make it available at tournaments which probably be 3 4p games with the same players and no expansion after Seaside again.

Yes, absolutely!
I hope for some German copies on BGG.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »
+4

What really annoys ME is that I repeatedly told them I was up to helping translate the cards for free (ASS has taken help from fans for a while now), and now they throw out half-assed verbatim translations one year before even planning to actually produce the cards. Devil's Workshop and Dismantle could have stuck with the Workshop and the German equivalent of the Remodel family names easily, but they messed that up, sadly.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 05:55:32 pm »
+8

You know what's really good for promoting Dominion? Expansions!

Which is to say, desperately needing a promo and then not putting Nocturne out for a year did not make much sense to me either.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 06:08:10 pm »
+1

They're blaming you / RGG for not telling them about the cards in time by the way. Sounds like a great reason to wait a year.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »

I also think it sucks they announce the promo the day of previews. I would have waited a week after Nocturne came out for the surprise factor, or at least after previews were done.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 06:52:33 pm »

What really annoys ME is that I repeatedly told them I was up to helping translate the cards for free (ASS has taken help from fans for a while now), and now they throw out half-assed verbatim translations one year before even planning to actually produce the cards. Devil's Workshop and Dismantle could have stuck with the Workshop and the German equivalent of the Remodel family names easily, but they messed that up, sadly.

I can't say anything about Dismantle, but Nocturne translations were done by your fellow Dominion players, in-house, for Shuffle iT.  They could have gone with Teufelswerkstatt, but they felt Giftkuche was more evocative, and I agree with them.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 07:11:08 pm »
+1

I can't say anything about Dismantle, but Nocturne translations were done by your fellow Dominion players, in-house, for Shuffle iT.  They could have gone with Teufelswerkstatt, but they felt Giftkuche was more evocative, and I agree with them.

Which is why I would have translated it as "Teufelswerk". It's a pun.

MrFrog

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:39 pm »
+1

Which is why I would have translated it as "Teufelswerk". It's a pun.

Nice one.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 06:23:12 am »

Wow, they're pissing me off more and more: First they announce to wait a year before releasing Nocturne, then they make a new Promo and don't bring it to Essen, but only make it available at tournaments which probably be 3 4p games with the same players and no expansion after Seaside again.

Yes, absolutely!

Why not just get a spielbox copy next month? It's only ~7€ in Germany and worth it even without the promo 😉

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 11:58:01 am »
+3

I can confirm that the English version I'm looking at (that I got a while ago for translating) has the exact card text that MrFrog assumed.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »

Yes, absolutely!

Why not just get a spielbox copy next month? It's only ~7€ in Germany and worth it even without the promo 😉

Actually, they announced they will also give it away via their Facebook and their forum somehow.

Do we have any information about when this'll be on ShiT?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 01:39:16 pm »

Do we have any information about when this'll be on ShiT?

I'm guessing once it actually gets released. Not sure if that'll be when it gets released in German, or English, or both, or later because Stef has other things to do.

FemurLemur

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: FemurLemur
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 04:16:58 pm »

I want to destroy a Mantle.
"Which mantle?"
Dismantle.

Planning on releasing Nocturne any time soon?
"What? Nooooooo"

Man, you are absolutely destroying it (or should I say dismantling it) with these puns

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 07:19:52 pm »

It's soo disappointing, that this card is not distributed in Essen this year. Instead Altenburger decided to make Courtier a promo 😶

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:04 am »
+6

It's soo disappointing, that this card is not distributed in Essen this year. Instead Altenburger decided to make Courtier a promo 😶

Wasn't it that they accidentally neglected including it in the 2nd edition copies? If that's true, it's more of a "fix" than it is a promo. (similar to English Pathfinding, but a worse mistake)

Edit: incidentally, the perspective makes it look loke he's reading something from a piece of grey cardboard while scratching his head. I had to read that he's carrying a stone before I could see it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:40:58 am by Accatitippi »

MrFrog

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 12:54:43 pm »
+1

Wasn't it that they accidentally neglected including it in the 2nd edition copies? If that's true, it's more of a "fix" than it is a promo. (similar to English Pathfinding, but a worse mistake)
No, but the cards in the German Upgrade pack (Base+Intrigue combined) didn't fit onto one printing sheet, so they had to produce one card extra and decided to give it away as a promo card.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 07:38:24 am »
+3

I can see the card art becoming a 'what did I just read' meme on this site.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 12:18:14 pm »

Edit: incidentally, the perspective makes it look loke he's reading something from a piece of grey cardboard while scratching his head. I had to read that he's carrying a stone before I could see it.

Wow, I just noticed that too. No matter, I am keeping my previous interpretation as cannon.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 12:36:07 pm »
+4

I can see the card art becoming a 'what did I just read' meme on this site.

Your wish is my command.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 02:03:27 pm »
+1

Wow, I just noticed that too. No matter, I am keeping my previous interpretation as cannon.

Wow. Me, too.

I honestly never considered it was anything other than a guy looking at the demolition plans.

"What? We just built this!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.