Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Custom Storage Solution  (Read 1709 times)

Rodel30

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
    • Main site
Custom Storage Solution
« on: October 20, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »
+7

For the past years I've been lugging around two dominion boxes packed full of cards (and more recently also an extra container for all the mats and tokens). Total weight was about 24 lbs, which was a bit of strain when going to friends' apartments on upper floors. With adding in some fan expansions and Nocturne just around the corner I needed to upgrade my storage so I could fit everything.

I may have overdone it a bit, but so far it seems to be working well.

Old solution:

New solution:

In theory this new solution has space to hold about twice as much as the previous solution. It's all solid red oak, with the dominion card back laser engraved into the lid. Given its size and weight I put the legs on it so it could be next to a table and not need to take up any playing space. Can't wait to add Nocturne to the collection!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Storage Solution
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:56:16 pm »

Wow! I think that may be the best storage solution I've seen yet.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:04:06 pm »

This looks very nice! I'm probably going to switch to your first storage solution soon. What kind of material did you use for the vertical seperators in the Dominion boxes and how did you lock them into position?
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Rodel30

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
    • Main site
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:55 pm »

This looks very nice! I'm probably going to switch to your first storage solution soon. What kind of material did you use for the vertical seperators in the Dominion boxes and how did you lock them into position?

I had a large Lego set box from a non-collector set that I cut up to divide the columns. They weren't attached to the box, so on rare occasion a card might slip partway into the other column but it didn't happen enough to be a nuisance.

Individual kingdom card piles were separated with card stock (first batch was printed off, later expansions were just hand written on card stock)

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 01:42:09 pm »

I love the integrated legs!

But here's the big problem I see with this solution:

It means I have to make something similar.

Unfortunately, my list of woodworking projects is growing faster than I can complete them.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.