Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

How carefully/slowly do you play?

(1/5) > >>

Cave-o-sapien:
I've just recently watched some streamed matches for the first time (some of Dan's Online Championship ones) and one thing has struck me:

He plays very deliberately. Now, part of this may be because he is narrating his actions and his decision-making process, but perhaps there's some benefit to that?

I have had this notion that there's an association between being a great player and playing fast, but I increasingly suspect that notion is misguided.

What do you think?

What speed do you play?

SCSN:

--- Quote from: Cave-o-sapien on October 19, 2017, 01:38:05 pm ---I have had this notion that there's an association between being a great player and playing fast
--- End quote ---

What? Except for Mic they're all dreadfully slow.

Cave-o-sapien:

--- Quote from: SCSN on October 19, 2017, 02:05:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: Cave-o-sapien on October 19, 2017, 01:38:05 pm ---I have had this notion that there's an association between being a great player and playing fast
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Like I said, I don't watch streams, so I'm limited to first-hand experience. I think as you "climb the ranks" you do see a positive correlation between skill and speed, because a lot of inexperienced players are slow, and a lot of experienced players are fast (maybe recklessly so?). But I suspect there is an inflection point somewhere near the top 100 or so, where play becomes more deliberate.

enfynet:
That must make me an expert!

But that's playing IRL. I haven't played very much online. I honestly don't think I've played and Dominion at all in the last year.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: SCSN on October 19, 2017, 02:05:25 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I always watch his videos at half-speed, to catch all the nuances.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version