Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Asmodee Digital sale  (Read 1831 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
Asmodee Digital sale
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:32:52 pm »

Asmodee Digital is having a sale on digital board game apps. I got quite a few good deals for a buck or two.  Score!
A man has no signature

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Asmodee Digital sale
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:23:57 pm »

I still lol at the idea of a Potion Explosion app. That game only exist as the novelty of being a physical version of candy crush. To make an app of it is just silly.

Not Asmodee, but I just bought the Kingdom Builder app. It’s not the best interface.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:47:15 am »

Yeah, I played Potion Explosion once, and I was amused at its homage to match-3 games. But there is some tactical thought in choosing the correct marble, so I can appreciate that.

And yeah, I did buy it.

I'm on the fence on Colt Express. Mostly because I've heard good things about it, but I've never played. And I'm not sure how the game is laid out to determine if it is app-worthy or not.

I briefly played a little bit of Jaipur. So far, the interface is pretty good. I even figured out how to manipulate the pieces even though I skipped the tutorial. But I already knew the rules.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:42:09 am »
+1

Not that there are a bunch of nondigital match 3's or anything, but I get annoyed by people who compare every match 3 to Candy Crush.  It's like calling all shooter games "call of duties" or something.  It's not the first match 3, and it's also not the first match 3 to hit very very broad exposure, that would be Bejeweled.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »
+1

Not that there are a bunch of nondigital match 3's or anything, but I get annoyed by people who compare every match 3 to Candy Crush.  It's like calling all shooter games "call of duties" or something.  It's not the first match 3, and it's also not the first match 3 to hit very very broad exposure, that would be Bejeweled.

I felt a little dirty referencing Candy Crush, as I'm generally the first one to point out that King has never done anything except steal people's ideas and make money off of them. But I used it because it's currently the most well-known.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:15:28 pm »

I actually did catch myself referencing Candy-Crush-like games, but I decided to just go with match-3 games. Based on that response, I'm glad I did. It's true that Candy Crush didn't invent it. It simply is the latest fancy for now.
A man has no signature
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.