Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Is there any update on Nocturne?  (Read 47160 times)

FemurLemur

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: FemurLemur
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any update on Nocturne?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »
+12

Mega-confirmed. Apparently there's some enormous incentive not to make new types of trays.

We could easily spin the speculation into a 10 minute Youtube video for maximum profit. I've got some examples jotted down:

"Hello ladies, gentlemen, and fellow Horse Traders, and welcome back to Dominion Life News, I'm FemurLemur-"
"And I'm LastFootnote-"
"And we received an interesting tweet from @WatchMyDominionStreamsAndLPsGaming, who says he has news of a MASSIVE LEAK regarding the upcoming Dominion Nocturne expansion. We haven't been able to confirm if they're real or not yet, but apparently, Donald X says Rio Grande is under pressure with this new release and has a huge incentive to reuse the Dark Ages box insert. Dark Ages indeed!"

"Is it possible that Rio Grande is facing financial hardship, and that's why they're having to resort to using cheap old Dark Ages inserts? Since they're reusing assets, could we be getting the same product catalogs in the box as Dark Ages had as well? We honestly don't know, but it's possible. Whatever the case, we hope they're able to trash them and gain some inserts costing at least two coins more before release. But what if Rio Grande does go out of business? What will this mean for the future of Dominion!?"

"Honestly LF, here's what's most shocking of all- if you remember, Dark Ages introduced Rats, and the most important thing about them is there are more than 10 of them. So I'm left wondering what's going to go in the Rats slot if they're reusing inserts!? I've heard some speculation on the forums that maybe there will be another Action card that has more than 10 copies, and honestly, I hope not, because that will absolutely ruin the metagame in my opinion. Because like, then what!? Are you gonna release another card similar to Ratcatcher!? I seriously doubt it, because then the expansion would have to include more Tavern Mats. That's why Magpie was limited to only 10 copies. Donald always knew that having more than one Action with 20 copies was a bad idea, and it's concerning that now he could be going back on that. I'm telling you LF, no matter how you look at this whole 'another card like Rats' thing, it's cancer. If they introduce another Rats, I'm about to Chapel my entire collection if you know what I mean"

"I tend to take a more optimistic view than you. I think this is obvious evidence that we're either getting our first split pile with 4 different cards in it, or that slot is for more Potions and we're finally seeing the return of Alchemy. I think especially given that they're going to have to compromise on the inserts, Donald X is going to pull out all of the stops. He knows this is a huge let-down, and I would be shocked if he wasn't planning on making up for it. I'm talking Reaction-Attacks that punish the original attacker, more Alchemy cards, A Victory Card that rewards buying Gold, more cards like Moat, Confusion finally released; just all of the stuff the hardcore fans have been begging for."

"Good point, that all probably will happen. We've heard a lot of rumors that maybe Looters would be returning in this expansion, and honestly, at this point it might as well be confirmed given that there's space for more Ruins. But what do you guys think? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow us on Twitter @LFnFL. That's 'At LastFootnote FemurLemur' for all things Dominion related"

Hit me up if interested! I think we could draw some serious Platinums from this Venture!

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »
+4

Hit me up if interested! I think we could draw some serious Platinums from this Venture!

Um…

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2017, 07:31:43 pm »
+2

It’s really quite simple: manufacturing tooling costs a lot of money. Stocking multiple different kinds of parts costs a lot of money, too. It’s just way cheaper to use the same stuff across multiple sets, by like a lot. It’s just the economies of scale and mass production.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »

They're probably just going to stuff two different kingdom piles into the rats spot.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:49 pm »
+23

They're probably just going to stuff two different kingdom piles into the rats spot.

I'm holding out for a "Bats" pile in that slot.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2017, 09:20:29 am »
+12

It’s really quite simple: manufacturing tooling costs a lot of money. Stocking multiple different kinds of parts costs a lot of money, too. It’s just way cheaper to use the same stuff across multiple sets, by like a lot. It’s just the economies of scale and mass production.

And that is the reason that drive-thru ATMs have Braille buttons.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »
+8

Probably, yes, but this also has utility when the blind person is the left side passenger. This is typically how caretakers will bring blind people to ATMs without having to get their PIN.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2017, 01:58:34 pm »
+2

Probably, yes, but this also has utility when the blind person is the left side passenger. This is typically how caretakers will bring blind people to ATMs without having to get their PIN.

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2017, 03:58:31 pm »
+1

Event cards and Landmark cards are also cards. It's just that when you buy an Event, you don't buy the Event card, you buy the effect. It's still not wrong to talk about Event cards as "Events", just like we talk about Action cards as "Actions". The only thing that matters is that "when you buy a card" can't refer to Events, simply because you don't buy the card.

They aren't cards in a dominion-rules-sense. They don't get their prizes reduced by Bridge, you can't gain them with Workshop, can't embargo them, and you don't get curses when buying them while affected by Swamp Hag.

Right, which all means that you don't buy an Event card. The price is not for the Event card, because you can't buy that. You can never gain an Event card either. You can't Embargo an Event card, because it's not a pile. Everything that has to do with buying, gaining or prices of cards, can't refer to an Event card, because it can't be bought or gained and it has no price. Event cards do exist in the rules of Dominion though, they are part of the setup.

Quoting the Adventures rules:
In your Buy phase, when you can buy a card,
you can buy an Event instead. Buying an Event means paying the cost indicated on the Event and then
doing the effect of the Event.

There isn't a single dominion thing that includes Events when it says cards.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2017, 03:59:23 pm »

In actual news, the German publisher has decided to wait until next October until they release Nocturne for some reason.

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2017, 04:06:15 pm »

In actual news, the German publisher has decided to wait until next October until they release Nocturne for some reason.

Dang, that's a shame.

navical

• Golem
  • Respect: +268
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2017, 04:29:54 pm »
+1

you can buy an Event instead. Buying an Event means paying the cost indicated on the Event and then

Quoting the previous-but-one sentence of the Adventures rules:
Adventures has Event cards.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »

Your quote from the rulebook doesn't contradict anything I've said. And as navical pointed out, the Event cards are called Event cards in the rulebook. "Event cards" are also part of the setup rules, as previously pointed out.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 05:14:48 pm »

Right, which all means that you don't buy an Event card.
It contradicts this.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:25 pm »

It contradicts this.

I don't see how.
Rule #1) Instead of buying a card, you can buy an Event.
Rule #2) Buying an Event means paying its cost, stated on the Event card, and then doing the effect stated on the Event card.
Rule #3) Event cards can't be bought or gained.

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2017, 05:40:36 pm »
+14

I am looking forward to next year's Dominion expansion, which consists entirely of a 200 page guide to Dominion terminology and no card-shaped things whatsoever.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
+1

An Event Card is a kiosk that sells Events.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 02:07:50 am »
+2

It contradicts this.
Rule #2) Buying an Event means paying its cost, stated on the Event card, and then doing the effect stated on the Event card.
It clearly says the cost is stated on the event.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +639
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 06:39:48 am »
+4

Event, $40
New Dominion Expansion
Open the box. If you did, examine the contents.

Setup: In games involving this, read teasers and previews of upcoming cards(haped-things). Speculate on how they would interact with the rest of the board.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 09:44:19 am »

It contradicts this.
It clearly says the cost is stated on the event.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make anymore. Quoting myself: It's still not wrong to talk about Event cards as "Events", just like we talk about Action cards as "Actions". But nowhere in the rules are actual Events (the thing you can buy) called Event cards. It seems like you're saying that the rules talk about buying Event cards (or else I don't see the contradiction you're talking about). But of course the rules don't say that, since, you know... buying an Event is not buying a card. So maybe you can make your case in a bit more structured way this time.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 10:03:13 am »
+6

I have bought Event cards. 34 of them, in fact!

KingPeter

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: KingPeter
  • When in doubt, engine
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2017, 10:05:18 am »
+2

Event, $40
New Dominion Expansion

Setup: In games involving this, read teasers and previews of upcoming cards(haped-things). Speculate on how they would interact with the rest of the board.

Also speculate on how they would interact with Scout.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2017, 11:28:20 am »
+1

Event, $40
New Dominion Expansion

Event, $40
Expansion Advance
You may trash all of the Scouts from your collection. If you did, gain a 2nd Edition Expansion containing cards better than Scout.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:40:29 am by Commodore Chuckles »

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
+2

Event, $40
New Dominion Expansion

Event, $40
Expansion Advance
You may trash all of the Scouts from your collection. If you did, gain an Expansion containing cards better than Scout.

The last bit is redundant; you can shorten it to "gain an Expansion containing cards." *

Or maybe just put it as a parenthetical reminder: "(All cards are better than Scout.)"

*The remaining redundancy is intentional.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:49 am »
+6

Event, $40
New Dominion Expansion

Event, $40
Expansion Advance
You may trash all of the Scouts from your collection. If you did, gain an Expansion containing cards better than Scout.

The last bit is redundant; you can shorten it to "gain an Expansion containing cards." *

Or maybe just put it as a parenthetical reminder: "(All cards are better than Scout.)"

*The remaining redundancy is intentional.

Bomb is worse
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 21 queries.