Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Is there any update on Nocturne?  (Read 47150 times)

pacatak

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Is there any update on Nocturne?
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:06:19 pm »
+1

i heard from a friend it was delayed due to a misprint.  but i haven't found anything online

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any update on Nocturne?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:43:49 pm »
+1

The current expected ship date is the first week of November. Teasers start October 20 and previews 23-27. The rules will likely go online around the physical release date and it is planned to be availible online the same time it releases.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:53:54 pm »
+2

I haven’t heard about a misprint.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:51:03 pm »
+6

i heard from a friend it was delayed due to a misprint.  but i haven't found anything online
No-one could possibly know if it was going to be delayed due to a misprint. It's the kind of rumor that would never be correct.

As I have said elsewhere, the release date is hinging on the plastic trays arriving by boat. I will see the cards this week, but only a few trays were air-shipped. I won't know if the trays were delayed until they fail to show up when expected.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:31:57 am »
+3

I had a dream the other night that it had already been released, does that count?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:56 am »
+5

I had a dream the other night that it had already been released, does that count?

Can you tell us what the cards were?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:55:48 am »
+13

Only the night cards.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:27 am »
+5

Mostly just spinoffs of Fortune Teller.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:13 am »

As I have said elsewhere, the release date is hinging on the plastic trays arriving by boat. I will see the cards this week, but only a few trays were air-shipped. I won't know if the trays were delayed until they fail to show up when expected.

I will gladly buy a copy before then without the tray. Hell, I don't even need the box. Just throw the shrink-wrapped cards, rules, tokens and whatnot in a cardboard shipping box.

I doubt there is enough demand to have a "ready-to-ship", minimal-packaging version, but I imagine I'm not the only one who would go for such an option.

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:40:18 am »
+6

All Dominion sets should be sold in packages that are big enough to hold the components, without all the extra space. With dividers. Like Paperback, basically. But noooooo, big boxes look better on shelves. Gotta have that big box!

sorawotobu

• Spy
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:45:00 pm »
+5

All Dominion sets should be sold in packages that are big enough to hold the components, without all the extra space. With dividers. Like Paperback, basically. But noooooo, big boxes look better on shelves. Gotta have that big box!

Without the big box, a Dominion expansion takes up only a small fraction of the space that the box takes up. Some people may not be willing to spend so much money on such a small package, and if they were made aware that such a small package contains mostly everything you get with the big box, they might not be willing to spend so much money on the big box either.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 01:08:58 pm »
+5

But noooooo, big boxes look better on shelves. Gotta have that big box!

I'm falling for this so much. Big box = more value for your money. Even better if the game is heavy.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 01:12:11 pm »

Without the big box, a Dominion expansion takes up only a small fraction of the space that the box takes up. Some people may not be willing to spend so much money on such a small package, and if they were made aware that such a small package contains mostly everything you get with the big box, they might not be willing to spend so much money on the big box either.

I've heard this argument before, but I'm not sure I believe it. Many people buy their games online, where this argument is moot. Of those that buy them locally from a brick and mortar, many have researched the game ahead of time. My suspicion is that the percentage of impulse game sales that are influenced by the size of the box are vanishingly small, but I'm happy to be proven wrong if there's data that shows otherwise.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 02:47:50 pm »
+2

I've heard this argument before, but I'm not sure I believe it. Many people buy their games online, where this argument is moot. Of those that buy them locally from a brick and mortar, many have researched the game ahead of time. My suspicion is that the percentage of impulse game sales that are influenced by the size of the box are vanishingly small, but I'm happy to be proven wrong if there's data that shows otherwise.

While people like us may research a lot, there are a lot of casual gamers out there.  I think a lot of them would be influenced by a decision like this.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 02:51:23 pm »
+2

I think that even if you're buying the game online, just knowing that it's a small box IRL can make you less inclined to buy it if it's more expensive than other boxes of roughly the same size.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingPeter

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: KingPeter
  • When in doubt, engine
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »
+1

But noooooo, big boxes look better on shelves. Gotta have that big box!

I'm falling for this so much. Big box = more value for your money. Even better if the game is heavy.

Metal tokens for the win!

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 02:58:46 pm »
+1

When I saw the Upgrade Pack boxes and how small they are, I was actually super pleased. I'd prefer if all the sets were packaged that way (with dividers instead of an insert). I understand why it won't happen, though. Sad!
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:08 pm »
+1

In a game store, it is very easy to overlook a small box. The bigger the box, the more likely you are to take notice.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 03:36:38 pm »
+8

The story I always tell is, Barnes & Noble approached Indie Boards & Cards - Travis - about stocking The Resistance. The problem was, the box was too small for them. Travis made a version with a bigger box for them.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »

As I have said elsewhere, the release date is hinging on the plastic trays arriving by boat.
Wild speculation: this suggests the plastic tray is somehow different from that used by other Dominion sets/expansions?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »
+5

As I have said elsewhere, the release date is hinging on the plastic trays arriving by boat.
Wild speculation: this suggests the plastic tray is somehow different from that used by other Dominion sets/expansions?
It's the Dark Ages tray. There is incentive not to make new ones.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:04 am »
+1

Ooh so there's a 20 card pile to go in the Rats slot

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:57 am »
+4

Either that, or there was some incentive not to make a new tray. Hard to know if that's the case though.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 09:42:01 am »

Well, it's not necessarily 20 cards like Rats. My guess is that it would be a non-supply pile.

It is impressive that the cards fit neatly in the Dark Ages tray.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 10:18:02 am »
+6

Schrödinger's Cat
$π - Action

This pile is both empty and not empty.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.