Dominion > Dominion Articles

Public Service Announcement: Mandarin/Capital

<< < (2/4) > >>

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 25, 2017, 09:49:25 pm ---Yeah!  This is a fun one.  Now to see what happens when one player tries Mandarin/Capital, and the other tries Mandarin/Horn of Plenty.

--- End quote ---

Capital wins. It’s not really even close.

Deadlock39:
Yeah Mandarin/Horn is not very good... mostly because Horn engines are so stupidly good.  The last time I tried Mandarin Horn was a long time ago, but I remember it clearly because I got super crushed by the engine.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: Deadlock39 on September 25, 2017, 11:20:52 pm ---Yeah Mandarin/Horn is not very good... mostly because Horn engines are so stupidly good.  The last time I tried Mandarin Horn was a long time ago, but I remember it clearly because I got super crushed by the engine.

--- End quote ---

Mandarin/Horn isn't very good also because Mandarin/Horn just isn't very good.

Polk5440:
This would be a great combo article for the blog. The blog did used to do combos; just because those old combos are now mostly overshadowed (or were not that great to begin with) doesn't mean there isn't a place to highlight particularly strong or unique card interactions. I enjoyed thinking about the combos posted on the blog when I first found DominionStragtegy; having someone highlight why two cards work particularly well together really got me to think deeper about Dominion and learn something appropriately bite-sized.

markusin:
Doesn't Mandarin/Horn require a kingdom treasure as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version