Dominion > Dominion Articles

Public Service Announcement: Mandarin/Capital

<< < (4/4)

ednever:
Not as good, but similar concept:

Play Counterfeit / Capital at the end of an engine. Two cards generate $12, but you need to re-buy the CF for $5, so you generate $7 for two cards. So a little better than two golds, but a bunch of extra buys - and $6/card o the last turn

LastFootnote:

--- Quote from: ednever on October 06, 2017, 03:08:05 pm ---Not as good, but similar concept:

Play Counterfeit / Capital at the end of an engine. Two cards generate $12, but you need to re-buy the CF for $5, so you generate $7 for two cards. So a little better than two golds, but a bunch of extra buys - and $6/card o the last turn

--- End quote ---

Counterfeit itself makes $1, so you mean $13. And you have to re-buy the Capital, not the Counterfeit.

Cave-o-sapien:

--- Quote from: ednever on October 06, 2017, 03:08:05 pm ---Not as good, but similar concept:

--- End quote ---

I'd argue that the concept isn't that similar. Sure, you're avoiding paying the Capital debt, but the cool trick here is perpetuating the combo each turn via Mandarin's on-gain ability.

With Counterfeit/Capital, you've still got to ensure you get a Counterfeit in your hand with the Capital. It's in the same class as Herbalist/Capital.

jonaskoelker:
I was reading Empires previews for the lulz when I came across this post:

--- Quote from: crj on May 09, 2016, 01:53:04 pm ---Is it my imagination (I'm no Dominion guru) or might Mandarin+Capital be a candidate for the combo which gives the largest possible advantage to players that get a 5/2 split?

Buy Mandarin, topdeck $5. Buy Capital. Then, when the Capital comes around again, every turn buy Mandarin + as many Capital as you can afford until all the Capital is gone. At that point, buy Mandarins and Duchies to pile out quickly.

--- End quote ---

Of course, there's a difference between having an idea versus testing and developing an idea.

Incidentally, that difference is why I post in the really bad card ideas thread and Donald shows off his work in the preview subforums ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version