Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Advance "Golden" deck  (Read 1760 times)

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
Advance "Golden" deck
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:12:53 pm »
+2

Game #7193700
Key cards/events:  Chapel, Baker, Junk Dealer, IGG, Advance

I open Baker/Chapel, then trash rapidly and add an (unnecessary) silver, herbalist and fortress, and Junk Dealer, after advancing my Chapel.  Then with my junk gone, am guaranteed to draw my deck, advance the fortress for another baker, and buy IGG for cursing.  I can do this every turn until the game ends, though I take a side trip for a couple of double province turns to lock in the victory before piling out ICC, Curse and Baker.

My opponent misplays by skipping chapel then cannot trash effectively even adding 2 chapels and a junk dealer, and is never really in contention.

I was not perfect, but a fun game nevertheless.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:14:16 pm by Jacob marley »

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
Re: Advance "Golden" deck
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:10:05 pm »

Hmm. It's powerful, but it's not strictly speaking a golden deck, is it?

You go through a phase of highly repeatable turns, but they're not getting you any VP. You have to pivot into VP acquisition just as the game is about to end. A true golden deck gives you turns that repeatedly earn you VP while leaving your deck unaltered.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:01:10 am »
+1

Hmm. It's powerful, but it's not strictly speaking a golden deck, is it?

You go through a phase of highly repeatable turns, but they're not getting you any VP. You have to pivot into VP acquisition just as the game is about to end. A true golden deck gives you turns that repeatedly earn you VP while leaving your deck unaltered.

Gaining IGG = getting VP.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:17:07 am »

That's why I put the golden in quotes.  It's not a true golden deck in the sense of the Bishop golden deck, but, as Awaclus points out, I was able to reduce his score every turn even if not getting points myself.  In retrospect, I could have waited until there were 2 IGG left before greening, and only do that once then end the game the next turn with the remaining IGGs.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:51:55 pm »
+5

For those sort of golden decks my best one was 2 villages, 3 amb, silver. opponent couldn't recover from bandit fort penalty.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.