Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 225814 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 5)
« Reply #1900 on: December 13, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »

What are your game and role?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 13, 2017, 07:32:34 pm »

Chairs, what was your thinking in jailing me?
Your EOD was pretty scummy.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 13, 2017, 07:34:27 pm »

I want to hear from him. I have a good reason.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 13, 2017, 07:39:45 pm »

Why is it scummy to hammer someone with a guilty result on them after they have claimed?

There were only scum results for WW, but no mafia results. That was when we thought the puzzle stayed consistent across nights. I believed that PPSmust fill two slots - survivor and SK. No kills from WW meant he should be survivor.

It was when he wouldn't claim survivor even after I said we shouldn't lynch a claimed survivor that I started to think he could not win with town, and therefore we needed to lynch him.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 13, 2017, 07:41:55 pm »

I really did not expect to see him flip town - didn't think that was even possible. I just also did not believe Haddocks wolf theory. That was inconsistent with PPS existence.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: December 13, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »

I am hamlets father, the ghost from RMM6. If I get killed then I live one more day and then that night I find out who killed me. I can then make 1 post the following day stating my role and who killed me. Can’t claim or vote after I die
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 13, 2017, 07:44:18 pm »

There is only 1 RCWP,  so one of the yellows should be red, one is correct, and one red should be white or blue, 4/1/pps. OR one yellow is correct, one red should be yellow and one yellow should be white or blue. That would mean 5/1/pps.

Innocent result on Jake suggests iguana has to be scum. Jake could still be non killing third party.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 13, 2017, 07:46:06 pm »

There is only 1 RCWP,  so one of the yellows should be red, one is correct, and one red should be white or blue, 4/1/pps. OR one yellow is correct, one red should be yellow and one yellow should be white or blue. That would mean 5/1/pps.

Innocent result on Jake suggests iguana has to be scum. Jake could still be non killing third party.

Except we lynched based on those results yesterday expecting 100% accuracy and hit town....

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 13, 2017, 07:49:56 pm »

I am hamlets father, the ghost from RMM6. If I get killed then I live one more day and then that night I find out who killed me. I can then make 1 post the following day stating my role and who killed me. Can’t claim or vote after I die

So you were trying to draw the NK?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 13, 2017, 07:52:13 pm »

Except we lynched based on those results yesterday expecting 100% accuracy and hit town....
This is based just on last night's results, but yeah they haven't been helpful so far.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 13, 2017, 07:53:52 pm »

Something is indeed wrong with the results. If we have an exact repeat of yesterday that would be both ironic and sad.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:55 pm »

So you were trying to draw the NK?
Yes
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »

iguana, mostly I went "fuck I have no clue who I should jk here". I initially considered JKing Haddock, then swapped to you as I'm starting to feel like one of you two is scum.

Maybe it's Haddock this whole time, screwing with us.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 13, 2017, 09:15:30 pm »

I think Chairs is town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 13, 2017, 09:17:40 pm »

I claimed I would commute and shoot last night. That was a bluff. Instead the plan was always to save the commute + shoot as long as possible.

I don't think scum would have tried to JK or roleblock me last night. Chairs not paying attention at all I believe indicates that he is town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:41 pm »

I am fairly sure the final mafia is Dylan. I will try as best I can tomorrow to convince you all.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 13, 2017, 09:19:59 pm »

iguana, mostly I went "fuck I have no clue who I should jk here". I initially considered JKing Haddock, then swapped to you as I'm starting to feel like one of you two is scum.

Maybe it's Haddock this whole time, screwing with us.

That would mean bad cop results and scum tried to shoot him, highly doubtful.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 13, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »

I think Chairs is town.
So it's Haddock and Dylan left?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:17 pm »

I think Chairs is town.

I think the lynch should be Dylan. Why does there have to be two scum left?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 13, 2017, 09:33:38 pm »

EFHW, what kind of scum could I even be? I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: December 13, 2017, 10:41:52 pm »

EFHW, what kind of scum could I even be? I am trying to understand where you are coming from.
I don't know. I'm just saying what the puzzle leads to. I wouldn't have voted WW, though, and probably won't vote you just based on the puzzle, either. I do wish you hadn't hammered so fast yesterday. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 13, 2017, 10:43:53 pm »

I think Chairs is town.

I think the lynch should be Dylan. Why does there have to be two scum left?
1 scum 1 non-town, but again, that's based on the puzzle.

Not convinced about chairs being town.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 13, 2017, 11:27:09 pm »

Jake, if you are trying to draw the NK, the goal is to make people think there is little chance of you being lynched. The simple fact is, pretty much everyone has had you in the bucket of people they were willing to lynch the whole game, so I don't think scum would be very likely to shoot you to begin with.

I'm actually relatively convinced that iguana is the last scum and Jake is a survivor. An unlimited vig would be a phenomenal fake claim, and a 1-shot commute would make sense too. Looking at last night's solution on its own to remove the inconsistencies from previous nights, 1 of Jake and iguana have to non-town.

The fact there was a completely wrong color means someone has to go to a 3rd color. 2 people have to move though, so if a red person is moved to blue, a yellow would flip to red, and if a yellow person goes to blue, a red person has to flip to yellow. That is the only way last night makes any sense. So actually it's gotta be a 2 person faction plus 1 from the original team or 2 from the original team and 1 3rd party.

Of course, this only means anything if Haddock really is town and hasn't just been pulling our collective chains this whole time...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 13, 2017, 11:29:06 pm »

Actually, either one of the yellows should be different non-town color and a town should move to yellow, or a red should be 3rd color and one of iguana or Jake are actually town. Either way, one of Jake or iguana aren't town.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 14, 2017, 05:41:21 am »

@Haddock, how much do you feel that you can trust your results? WW flipping town was absolutely not consistent with results so far. What are your theories?
Indeed, it absolutely wasn't.  I still feel my results are trustworthy on the whole.  Especially when considering each night in isolation.  So last night's results, for instance, say that at least one of iguana and Jake is yellow.  Framer is the only thing that could screw with that, since I'm un-redirectable.  At some point we have to believe that my results are right - they can't have been screwed with EVERY night.

The only thing I can think of is that scum used some sort of factional X-shot Godfather ability on N3, or Framed WW on N3.
I'm checking both of those possibilities now.  Any chance you could also check them with your checker?  (Remembering that we no longer necessarily know that the normal scum colour is yellow.)

There's still no reason to believe that there's a permanent Godfather out there - that couldn't have made my results inconsistent with one another.

I believe that either way (either gkrieg being a N3 Godfather or WW being Framed) still means that N3's results (on their own, without any further information) still implicate one of iguana and Jake.
That's consistent with last night's results, which also implicate one of iguana and Jake.

WW made key feel pretty terrible :/
As you can tell, I nearly dropped out of this game entirely.  Better that than have a huge decline in civility, which we were very very close to.

At least ine of these should be scum:
Chairs
Dylan

Haddock's results mean that there must be one yellow left, correct?

Not that Haddock's results mean anything - unless he got another mod correciton, or the rules we've been using to solve the puzzle are wrong.

Once Chairs and Dylan claim what they did last night, I'll say more.
I don't understand your reasoning re. Chairs and Dylan.

My results do mean there has to be a yellow left.
And they DO still mean something. 

For instance: The only way that there could actually NOT be a yellow left is if someone framed one of you and Jake.  And then that implies there's a yellow left anyway, because who else did the framing?

My guess

Dylan32 - Red
2.71828..... - Red
EFHW - Red
Haddock - Red
JaketheBaseballGod22 - Yellow
chairs - Red
iguanaiguana - Yellow

Response:
Right colour right place 5
Right colour wrong place 1
So this means there are 2 scum left and one of them is either iguana or Jake!
Correct. 

As far as I can tell (considering ONLY last night's result), there are either:

1 yellow and 1 white/blue left, and exactly one of iguana/Jake is yellow (probably iguana, since WW copped Jake innocent)

or

2 yellows and 1 white/blue, in which case iguana and Jake are both non-town (one yellow, one white/blue).

Either way I lean strongly towards an iguana lynch.  N4's results implicate him or Jake, and also N3's results implicate him AND Jake (and even if there was a Framer/Godfather N3 they implicate at least ONE of iguana/Jake).

Add wrong color = 1, changes everything. You probably assumed we would assume it .... 1 scum left, 1 non-mafia non-town. If there were 2 scum left, there would be 2 RCWP. At least there's no cult. I was really getting into the idea of "Jake the Cult Leader" though.
I don't entirely understand this post.  I believe you are saying the same thing as I said above, though, so we agree.

There could still be 2 scum left if it went something like:
iguana: yellow
Jake: blue
One other person: Yellow
everyone else: red.

That would be consistent with last night's results.  (still only 1 RCWP)

This is correct.
And I agree that Jake seems very likely scum.

Jake could only still be non-killing 3rd party if there is also another scum left to find after iguana.  So that seems like a bit of a blind alley.

Yesterday we lynched on the assumption that the results were consistent night-to-night and with flips, ie. no X-shot Godfather/Framer.  I still believe it was the right thing to do, without outside information.

So now we know that N3's results have been messed with. 

But now, without assuming any consistency with flips or anything, last night's results alone implicate either you or Jake. 

As chairs says, this mastermind thing is a pain in the arse, but it's still a powerful tool which we should use, not ignore.  My results having been messed with once makes it LESS likely they'll be messed with again, not more so.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.