Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 224966 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)
« Reply #2150 on: December 19, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »

Phew :-)

Well done rest-of-town, especially Iguana!

I got quite distracted by the puzzle, but I agree it's disappointing that the colours were somewhat oddly clumped -- that was something most of my solution-hunters were definitely excluding (i.e. ignoring solutions in which Iguana was the same colour as flipped scum), and I don't think that was an unreasonable assumption. I haven't yet had a chance to read through the mod QT to find out what else was messing with it, though...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 19, 2017, 08:41:26 pm »

Sorry I was terrible this game. At least you knew I was town.

Good job town though! And iguana especially.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »

Why did Dylan get nothing from me N1 on his steal? Says I had nothing, but I had the Dagger.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:10 pm »

Also, why didn't a vote count on Jake that day?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 19, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »

I got the dagger in my personal QT. I tried to steal from Datswan N2 but was blocked by Chairs. That's how I knew I could say I used a role but was blocked. I'm not sure how the puzzle pointed to me N1 since I was Godfather and actually would have shown up as town until the last night...

Also, all mods, please remind me to never sign up for a game with a mastermind puzzle again lol. Felt like there was no actual scum hunting after D2 because it was all just puzzle analysis. Might be just my perspective on it, but I really didn't care for it though. Other than that role, great setup and fun game all.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »

For some reason, the mafia item steal gained a copy of it instead of actually stealing. It does make mafia seem pretty underpowered. Also, we targeted both traitors the first 2 nights, which I think sealed our loss. Losing schadd the way we did and then targeting gkrieg when he could have voluntarily joined us the next night really put us behind...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:49 am »

Defining traitors as the same colour as survivors/sks and as a different colour to mafia (even after recruitment!!!!) seems to me do be in direct contradiction to my role description and the answers I received from Faust about my role.
Each colour was supposed to be an alignment.  Traitors are either the same alignment as their mafia team or not. (I would argue that they are, but whatever.) If they are not, then they should absolutely change colour to be the same colour as mafia once they were recruited. Which didn't happen, as far as I understand the mod QT.

Faust, were the colours randomised somehow or something?

No use crying over spilled milk, I guess. We won. Well done everyone and especially iguana! Well deserved mvp.

Also, WW.  I am sorry for what happened. Certainly I didn't mean for the decline in civility that we came close to. Was just trying to analyse my results as dispassionately as possible. 

It wasn't Dylan that messed with the results that we thought incriminate you, though. At least not as far as I can tell. It was the fact that colours didn't actually correspond consistently to alignments. Which as far as I'm concerned was implicit (hell, even explicit) in my role description.

Ah well.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 20, 2017, 01:31:36 am »

Stoked! On that final night that kinda didn't happen I killed Jake for the Hamlet's ghost lulz.
If you had, the game wouldn't be over... you already had 2 kills.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:05 am »

Defining traitors as the same colour as survivors/sks and as a different colour to mafia (even after recruitment!!!!) seems to me do be in direct contradiction to my role description and the answers I received from Faust about my role.
Each colour was supposed to be an alignment.  Traitors are either the same alignment as their mafia team or not. (I would argue that they are, but whatever.) If they are not, then they should absolutely change colour to be the same colour as mafia once they were recruited. Which didn't happen, as far as I understand the mod QT.

No use crying over spilled milk, I guess. We won. Well done everyone and especially iguana! Well deserved mvp.

Also, WW.  I am sorry for what happened. Certainly I didn't mean for the decline in civility that we came close to. Was just trying to analyse my results as dispassionately as possible. 

It wasn't Dylan that messed with the results that we thought incriminate you, though. At least not as far as I can tell. It was the fact that colours didn't actually correspond consistently to alignments. Which as far as I'm concerned was implicit (hell, even explicit) in my role description.

Ah well.
Yes. I should have reworded this. The idea was that Mew was obviously too strong in the original game, so I made it more vague here. I did not reread the role description carefully after that. I think that's the problem with this kind of format - you reuse old roles that you did not create yourself and then the wording ends up not the way you'd want it to. Sorry about that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 20, 2017, 01:39:51 am »

I got the dagger in my personal QT. I tried to steal from Datswan N2 but was blocked by Chairs. That's how I knew I could say I used a role but was blocked. I'm not sure how the puzzle pointed to me N1 since I was Godfather and actually would have shown up as town until the last night...

Also, all mods, please remind me to never sign up for a game with a mastermind puzzle again lol. Felt like there was no actual scum hunting after D2 because it was all just puzzle analysis. Might be just my perspective on it, but I really didn't care for it though. Other than that role, great setup and fun game all.
Yes, it had an unfortunate effect. Mostly I assumed that Haddock wouldn't live long after claiming. That iguana protected him even if he knew Haddock's results would end up incriminating him was unexpected.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: December 20, 2017, 01:41:14 am »

For some reason, the mafia item steal gained a copy of it instead of actually stealing. It does make mafia seem pretty underpowered. Also, we targeted both traitors the first 2 nights, which I think sealed our loss. Losing schadd the way we did and then targeting gkrieg when he could have voluntarily joined us the next night really put us behind...
Was also a wording issue. Not intended that way originally. But you did have a second role that could mess with items in schadd.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 20, 2017, 01:41:55 am »

Also, why didn't a vote count on Jake that day?
Mod error.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:28 am »

Stoked! On that final night that kinda didn't happen I killed Jake for the Hamlet's ghost lulz.

What was the 2nd kill?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 20, 2017, 06:20:49 am »

What was the 2nd kill?
Galzria. The kill happen one night later due to Galzria's role.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 20, 2017, 06:34:43 am »

What was the 2nd kill?
Galzria. The kill happen one night later due to Galzria's role.

Ok. In tat case, chairs saved me & town by JKing me when I tried to shoot Dylan. Nice.

I thought Galz was bulletproof, want to see his role PM.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 21, 2017, 09:55:37 am »

Ah well.

Well, I was annoyed, and I kind of intentionally didn't hold it back. I thought actually that would be the best way to show that there was a problem with the puzzle and that I was town. And I really wanted people to get to scumhunting, because that kind of went to the sidelines with all the role stuff.

So I didn't mean to offend you, though I was aware I could have been offensive.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 22, 2017, 03:55:03 pm »

Ah well.

Well, I was annoyed, and I kind of intentionally didn't hold it back. I thought actually that would be the best way to show that there was a problem with the puzzle and that I was town. And I really wanted people to get to scumhunting, because that kind of went to the sidelines with all the role stuff.

So I didn't mean to offend you, though I was aware I could have been offensive.
Understandable.  I definitely overreacted. 

I was a bit offended/pissed off, but obviously this is when I was convinced you were scum.  If you'd been scum, I think I would still be taking the view that your approach was pretty unacceptable.  (Apologies, therefore, for misjudging you; I guess I should probably have known that scum!you would not have been so unacceptable.)  As it is, you were understandably pissed off, I get it.

In the end, it was role stuff that decided the game - though MY role stuff didn't contribute enormously to that.  It's a bit of a shame that the puzzle became so all-consuming; but I think, given the information we had, that it was quite reasonable for us all to see it as a solid path to victory (not knowing about the same-colour-traitor/SK thing).

Anyway.  My apologies for essentially lynching you, and for overreacting.  Friends?

Faust, thanks for your clarification re. role stuff.  I apologise if I came across as trying to tear down the setup - that wasn't my intent, it was a great setup I think.  I was just trying to defend my own play, basically.  I think with the information I had, I did the right thing.  I'd say it's clear that the mastermind role, while cool, would need to be worded a bit differently if it were used again - in light of how this game went I think it's probably best not to get used again; it can be way too all-consuming (and would be WAY too powerful if the wording were fixed.).
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 22, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

Still want to understand why I was the one who killed Galz.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.