Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How do YOU pick interesting kingdoms?  (Read 6407 times)

guidobass

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: guidobass
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU pick interesting kingdoms?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »

I too prefer full random. We also randomly select 2 Events and 1 Landmark for every game. We have a lot of very good, competitive games. We play 4 or more, usually more, games per week.

Sometimes we pull one card from each set until we get 10. We call the 2nd edition cards and Promos combined a separate set for 11 total sets, as we have them all.

William Howard Taft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 01:23:54 am »
+1

My girlfriend and I had been relying on apps, Reddit Kingdom of the Weeks, and creating sets based around a theme for a while but have recently rediscovered our randomizer cards. Instead of keeping them altogether and doing ten straight-up random, we now have them organized in different piles.

- Attack (All attack cards but also Ill Gotten Gains, Possession, Embargo, etc)
- $2 (Includes Poor House)
- $3
- $4
- $5
- $6+

Now we randomly pick one attack card, one $2, one $3, two $4s, and two $5s. If we truly hate anything or if anything is redundant we can scrap it and choose the next one in that respective pile. We look at the 6 cards on the table and pick which remaining piles we want to draw another random from.

William Howard Taft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 01:26:35 am »
+1

I'm also a big fan of picking a random word and then grabbing ten cards that relate to it. Grab a book and ask someone for a page number and then grab a random word from the page and pick cards that relate to that word.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.