Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Poacher  (Read 12354 times)

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
Re: Poacher
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:07 am »

I like how straightforward this is.
Do you want to add synergies/anti-synergies/competing cards or leave it as is?
Given the growing number of kingdom cards now available, I believe card articles should focus less and less on specific synergies and anti-synergies.  At most, I'd mention broad categories of synergies (e.g. Poacher/Draw-to-X) and anti-synergies (e.g. Poacher/discard-for-benefit).  And if I name specific examples, I'd prefer to use the base set, since some readers will only have the base set.

Aside from that, I am not interested in revising this article unless I get a signal that the revision would be used for something.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 10:36:52 am »
+1

Specific synergies are generally worth mentioning if they are an example of a broader trend (eg Highway enjoying cantrip +Buy, so using Market as an example), if they are a 2-Card interaction in the same set (eg Poacher works with Library), or are an interaction so powerful you just have to know about it specifically for competitive play (eg Donate Market Square). We can’t catch everything interesting and cool specifically, and that’s not a great way to teach; we want to teach people the general principles so they can see interactions out of components they haven’t seen together before.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 02:15:49 pm »

I think this article handles general/specific synergy very well.

In a few cases, discarding cards is actively helpful.  The most notable case is when you have draw-to-X cards such as Library.  You can also discard cards with the intention of trashing them with Sentry.  However, even in absence of such interactions, discarding cards can be mostly harmless.

I could argue that Tunnel warrants a mention, but if the goal is to limit the scope to Base cards, then I understand its omission.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.