Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Innovation subboard  (Read 3014 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Innovation subboard
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:03:07 am »
+4

I just wanted to suggest maybe moving the Innovation subboard somewhere less visible, given that noone really posted there in over a year. Maybe the "Other Games" section of the misc board could be upgraded to the status that Innovation has currently (I think there's a lot of activity going on there), and then Innovation can be a subboard of that. Arguably forum games would then also be part of other games.... I just started out with Innovation, but now it looks like a major restructuring project.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation subboard
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:30:12 pm »
+1

filtering forum games into other games seems to be hiding that fact that this is a dominion flavored mafia forum.

But in all seriousness what happened to the innovation community? Just slowly died out over time or..?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »
+1

They got hunted down. One by one.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:58:24 pm »
+2

Also the simulations forum could be a subforum instead, since it gets very little traffic.

And then, a new forum could be added for discussing front page articles (after they're posted).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »
+1

filtering forum games into other games seems to be hiding that fact that this is a dominion flavored mafia forum.

But in all seriousness what happened to the innovation community? Just slowly died out over time or..?

It turned out to be a not-very-interesting game that was weird and random and people stopped playing it?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:03:18 pm »

And we could pre-emptively add the Nocturne Previews subforum while we're at it.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »
+1

It turned out to be a not-very-interesting game that was weird and random and people stopped playing it?

I think it's an amazingly interesting game!  But yeah, the community just sorta... disappeared.

Also, I think we need a subforum for discussing subforums.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 04:17:41 pm »
+2

I think it's an amazingly interesting game!  But yeah, the community just sorta... disappeared.

Also, I think we need a subforum for discussing subforums.
So, like the subforum we're discussing this in?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 04:55:59 pm »
+1

Innovation is a great game. I just think a lot of people were overwhelmed by all of the expansions being suddenly added on Iso (I certainly was).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:54 pm »

Have you played Innovation?

I believe Innovation just never reached critical mass, it's not completely dead though

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:52:49 pm »

My game night group has several Innovation fans, and it gets played at least every other time.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 11:58:00 pm »
+1

I enjoyed Innovation intensely. I even bought a copy of the base game and played it a few times with my brother. Then I kinda just, stopped playing for some reason. I have a pattern of playing something intensely and then suddenly ceasing to make time for it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.