Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 131779 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: November 28, 2017, 10:54:55 pm »

D3 Final Vote Count

AndrewisFTTW (2): Awaclus, IDontPlayThisGame
2.71828... (5): DatSwan, AndrewisFTTW, SpaceAnemone, gkrieg13, Skumpy
Awaclus (1): 2.71828...

not voting (0) :

with 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch. lmao it said "day 2 ends..." the whole time
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 28, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »

that is pagetop for some.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 28, 2017, 10:59:59 pm »

https://youtu.be/2YZ_lIpG1XQ

[instrumental]

2.71828... has been lynched! he was a vanilla townie!

night 3 starts now and ends thursday, november 30th at 23:00 forum time
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:00:25 pm by schadd »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 30, 2017, 11:34:04 pm »

https://youtu.be/VVP3g1-Wq_0?t=28s

well i may look like i'm crazy, i should know right from wrong
see me comin', throw your man out the door
ain't no stranger, been this way before

gkrieg13 has been killed in the night! he was a vanilla townie

https://youtu.be/XRLeH9SkziU?t=1m29s

tryna tell you baby, what you're tryna do
tryna love me baby, love some other man too
bring it on home, bring it on home

Awaclus has been killed in the night! he was a vanilla townie
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:47:47 pm by schadd »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (night 1 !)
« Reply #1029 on: November 30, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »

https://youtu.be/0bcIjILqORM?t=46s

you've been learnin, n baby i been learnin
all the good times, baby, i've been y-yearnin
way down inside, honey you need it
i'm gonna give you my love, ah, i'm gonna give you my love, ah

Day 4 Starts!

Vote count 4.0

not voting (5) : Skumpy, DatSwan, AndrewisFTTW, SpaceAnemone, IDontPlayThisGame

with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. day 4 starts now and ends thursday, december 7th at 23:00 forum time. thread unlodged.

mod notes
  • it's lylo!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:14:59 pm by schadd »

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 30, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »

My first Lylo!

I always got all the scantron True/False questions wrong when I didn't know the answer. Good to know those days are not over. Especially fantastic to know when literally everybody I accused and voted for yesterday is now dead and town.

schadd, are we not getting roleflips anymore?

lmao whoops
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:47:32 pm by schadd »
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:56 pm »

I think it's time for the Vig to claim. What we know to be in the game is: Town, Town, Vig, Scum, Scum. Unless scum is lynched, scum wins regardless of whether the Vig finally hits scum. If scum is lynched today and the Vig hits town, scum wins. Therefore, I think it's best to get an IC for today since having the Vig shoot clearly hasn't gone well. Should scum counterclaim, it's a 50-50 lynch. I'm willing to take those odds.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:48 pm »

@schadd That's better.

Ok, well good news everybody! I am* the vig!

*really wishing I could truthfully claim to be

PPE: Well... yeah! Those are correct assessments.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:07 pm »

Damn, I was hoping no one would have responded before I could post this. I'm checking with schadd about something so let's hold off on Vig claiming for a moment.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:02 am »

Okay, check with schadd finished. I stand by what I said before.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 01, 2017, 12:14:29 am »

Damn, I was hoping no one would have responded before I could post this. I'm checking with schadd about something so let's hold off on Vig claiming for a moment.

Then why would you say, "I think it's time for the vig to claim"? if you didn't want me to claim? Maybe I should've waited before unclaiming, but I get trigger happy at the start of the day (and not trigger happy at night aaayyoooooo).

Btw, I really want to give the vig a hard time for doing almost as much damage as scum....but I was kind of cheering on both victims (Raptor and whoever was shot last night) to die the next day, so I'm in no position to judge.

Do you wanna share?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 01, 2017, 12:17:44 am »

Then why would you say, "I think it's time for the vig to claim"? if you didn't want me to claim? Maybe I should've waited before unclaiming, but I get trigger happy at the start of the day (and not trigger happy at night aaayyoooooo).

Btw, I really want to give the vig a hard time for doing almost as much damage as scum....but I was kind of cheering on both victims (Raptor and whoever was shot last night) to die the next day, so I'm in no position to judge.

Do you wanna share?

Because I thought of it after I posted my first post. It was a scenario in which everyone is dead at the beginning of D6, but I forgot a couple rules that would make it a scum win AND keep it from happening.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 01, 2017, 12:22:47 am »

Do you wanna share?

Because I thought of it after I posted my first post. It was a scenario in which everyone is dead at the beginning of D6, but I forgot a couple rules that would make it a scum win AND keep it from happening.

Oh I get it. I didn't think about that, I just saw "it's lylo!" in the DayStart post and got excited/terrified.

So actual good news: I should have time this week to read through and make a good decision decision at the best of my capabilities, don't blame me when I'm wrong! But I'm probably not going to start until the vig(s) reveal because double the work is no fun and I'm currently feeling lazy.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 01, 2017, 03:05:10 am »

@schadd That's better.

OK.. it is late here lol.. just verifying.. you are saying that you are in fact NOT the Vig?

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 01, 2017, 03:07:52 am »

also, further note upon thought... too late for you Skumpy I guess, but we should think about the repercussions of claiming here. I am inclined to say it is a good idea to make an IC, but like before we do it does anyone see a downside to it? The only thing I can think of is that it calls points out who the Vig is. However, that taking that person out of the lynchpool does seems to outweigh their imminent NK given we are in LYLO.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 01, 2017, 03:26:04 am »

I think it's time for the Vig to claim. What we know to be in the game is: Town, Town, Vig, Scum, Scum. Unless scum is lynched, scum wins regardless of whether the Vig finally hits scum. If scum is lynched today and the Vig hits town, scum wins. Therefore, I think it's best to get an IC for today since having the Vig shoot clearly hasn't gone well. Should scum counterclaim, it's a 50-50 lynch. I'm willing to take those odds.

Bold point above: "We know it to be: town, town, vig, skum, skum".

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was NOT a skum slip and that  "town, town" is not the same as "VT, VT".

The Setup is (Strikes are known to exist):

N2 weak neighborizer - 1
(N1 ascetic) 3-shot tracker - 1
vigilante - 2
odd night doctor, even night neapolitan - 2
jailkeeper + rolecop (same target) - 3
ascetic double motion detector - 3

That is 6 known "skum points". Setup states that if the roll is under 4 or over 8, there will instead be a re roll. Therefore, there cannot be a MD. This actually leaves some options. I am going to go ahead and say that we do not have the good fortune of Neighborizers, as I imagine they would of claimed yesterday. But we could still have a:

odd night doctor, even night neapolitan - 2 (giving skum the full whammy of 8 points).

I think if we do a claim we should do a full claim TBH. Same logic as IDPTG stated, just (no offense intended) unless I am missing something, I think this is a better plan. If one of us is a Doc/Neo, given that the set up is: Town, Town, Skum, Skum, TownVig... creating one IC is good, and Skum can only kill one person per night... So wouldn't giving us the potential of creating 2 ICs and narrowing the lynch pool to 3 players, as opposed to 4 players, be better?

Actually like a real question. This is honestly only my 3rd game of Mafia, so I am completely open to the fact that I could be missing something.
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 01, 2017, 04:18:52 am »

@schadd That's better.

OK.. it is late here lol.. just verifying.. you are saying that you are in fact NOT the Vig?

I guess I technically never said I wasn't the vig. Technically  :D

also, further note upon thought... too late for you Skumpy I guess, but we should think about the repercussions of claiming here. I am inclined to say it is a good idea to make an IC, but like before we do it does anyone see a downside to it? The only thing I can think of is that it calls points out who the Vig is. However, that taking that person out of the lynchpool does seems to outweigh their imminent NK given we are in LYLO.

Why is everybody so concerned about knowing who the vig is? Like, is it even a question? We gain out of not knowing who the vig is...what, town votes for the vig and scum piles on? Sounds like a fantastic plan to me. The WORST case scenario is 2 people claim vig. Still brings it down from 6 to 4 possible teams.

Bold point above: "We know it to be: town, town, vig, skum, skum".

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was NOT a skum slip and that  "town, town" is not the same as "VT, VT".

Um....I wouldn't be so quick there. Although this is the opposite direction of the last slip I wondered about when IDPTG suggested knowledge of another PR. I'm not stupid enough to vote now, at any rate.

Setup stuff: Like...really? I've done all this already! I made sure to be first and early in day 3 so I could brag to all my friends about how I'm calculating mafia setups accurately in my limited free creative time (which is actually probably closer to the truth than you might think).

And a Doc/Neo is by no means an IC. I'm not even sure I'd be willing to give any extra towncred to him or her, though claiming couldn't hurt.

Look: If we mislynch we lose. The more info to prevent that from happening today...yes please! I'm also new, I don't see the mystery about claiming.

Btw, saying 'we' feels extremely awkward now since I'm addressing 2 scumbags.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 01, 2017, 04:45:19 am »

I think Skumpy is scum.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 01, 2017, 04:59:16 am »

I think Skumpy is scum.

Share with the class?

I was actually reading his opening to the day as rather towny-ish.
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 01, 2017, 05:12:57 am »

I think Skumpy is scum.

Lylo!
The vig!
More PRs?
Vote histories!
Theories on the D3 lynch!
Theories on the N4 kills!

So much to talk about it, and that's your first post? If you're going to incorrectly accuse me, at least give reasons so I can defend myself. I'm trying to start a conversation and all I get is "um, nope. Skum!!!!" It's frustrating. You of all people should know this and know better than to throw out instant accusations based on nothingness, which gives me pause to consider...

I think Skumpy is scum.

Share with the class?

...and yet it's the people who townread me who worry me more, which is weird because basically every single dead town person townread me.

It's too early to read. Even if you think I'm town, I'm delighted and flattered, but still, take your damn time! I'm going back to null on everybody now, not going to cast any judgments until I've looked through 3 days worth of voting evidence. Preferably after any and all vig's claim so I don't have to do it twice.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 01, 2017, 05:15:37 am »

I think Skumpy is scum.

Share with the class?

The whole joking around about him possibly being the vig (he's in a good mood it seems), him questioning why a vig claim is even important to seem pro-town (scum counterclaiming would be dumb and a vig claim doesn't really hurt scum much), and him not being nearly as self deprecating as I would expect. Even earlier in the game he wasn't acting how I expected him to, though I wrote it off as him being a little more experienced. In hindsight it seems like the times he was second guessing himself could've been just an act.

Gotta reread and check votes and such tomorrow.

PPE:

I think Skumpy is scum.

Lylo!
The vig!
More PRs?
Vote histories!
Theories on the D3 lynch!
Theories on the N4 kills!

So much to talk about it, and that's your first post? If you're going to incorrectly accuse me, at least give reasons so I can defend myself. I'm trying to start a conversation and all I get is "um, nope. Skum!!!!" It's frustrating. You of all people should know this and know better than to throw out instant accusations based on nothingness, which gives me pause to consider...

I think Skumpy is scum.

Share with the class?

...and yet it's the people who townread me who worry me more, which is weird because basically every single dead town person townread me.

It's too early to read. Even if you think I'm town, I'm delighted and flattered, but still, take your damn time! I'm going back to null on everybody now, not going to cast any judgments until I've looked through 3 days worth of voting evidence. Preferably after any and all vig's claim so I don't have to do it twice.

^And this is so not normal town!Skumpy.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 01, 2017, 08:14:41 am »

Urgh. Too many deaths. If I didn't know better, I'd think I'm scum for pushing e too much during our previous game-day. The guy just always seems scummy, even when I try to be conscious of how I always think he's scummy.

Interestingly, IDP is the only person left alive who was off-wagon on the e lynch. (Just an observation for now, not an accusation).

I don't like that Andrew is still alive when Awaclus and gkrieg aren't... I thought Andrew looked townier than either of them yesterday, and while one of those two was the misguided vig kill, one must have come from scum, and I think a townie-looking person like Andrew would have been a high-priority kill for scum, unless of course he's one of them.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 01, 2017, 09:43:07 am »

I think the vig claiming here is fine, if they want to own up. I'm also fine with them holding off till Monday or so, if they want to observe how everyone else is interacting and force everyone to make reads and stuff, given that chances are the vig will be tonight's NK once they're outed. The benefit of an IC in this situation is in reducing the lynch pool, rather than leading town in a claim or other trust-based exercise, so I don't think having them revealed for more than a couple of days before the deadline buys us a lot, except for targeting town's reads a bit better. And this is the sort of stage in the game that I think is really hard as scum, because they've got to come up with decent and consisted arguments that don't incriminate themselves, so making them jump through all the hoops isn't actually a bad plan, much as it means extra homework for the rest of us.

Claims of another role are not so useful at the moment, because unlike for the vig, we have no evidence that another role is in the game, and it's now too late to take a risk to test out any claim.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 01, 2017, 11:27:38 am »

I think if we do a claim we should do a full claim TBH. Same logic as IDPTG stated, just (no offense intended) unless I am missing something, I think this is a better plan. If one of us is a Doc/Neo, given that the set up is: Town, Town, Skum, Skum, TownVig... creating one IC is good, and Skum can only kill one person per night... So wouldn't giving us the potential of creating 2 ICs and narrowing the lynch pool to 3 players, as opposed to 4 players, be better?

Actually like a real question. This is honestly only my 3rd game of Mafia, so I am completely open to the fact that I could be missing something.

The problem with a full claim is that we have no reason to believe anyone claiming to be a role other than Vig. At this point in the game, scum knows what's left. Therefore, if there's no Doctor/Neapolitan or Neighborizer, scum can safely claim to be one or the other. I have no reason to believe any of those claims since they're extremely easy fake claims for scum right now.

Interestingly, IDP is the only person left alive who was off-wagon on the e lynch. (Just an observation for now, not an accusation).

It's almost like I thought his wagon that grew after the "role-fishing" was dumb, scum driven, and gave scum a great place to hide. "What, he was town?! But he was trying to out the Vig! You can't blame me for this one!" It's like an Awaclus lynch.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 01, 2017, 06:32:14 pm »

The whole joking around about him possibly being the vig (he's in a good mood it seems), him questioning why a vig claim is even important to seem pro-town (scum counterclaiming would be dumb and a vig claim doesn't really hurt scum much), and him not being nearly as self deprecating as I would expect. Even earlier in the game he wasn't acting how I expected him to, though I wrote it off as him being a little more experienced. In hindsight it seems like the times he was second guessing himself could've been just an act.

Gotta reread and check votes and such tomorrow.

Default-assume-Andrew's-town-so-my-arguments-don't-fall-on-deaf-ears

Let me break my thought process of 18 hours ago down for you. First off, I was in a great mood yesterday, best mood in several weeks to be honest. I got the start time of D4 wrong, so I checked the forum for no particular reason and lo and behold, the day was starting earlier than I expected. Oh look! Two deaths that aren't me, I get to keep playing! Also two town. Also two people I'd accused. Normally, I probably would've deprecated more. But my start of the day was different than yours because you showed up knowing the roles of the dead town. I did not, and had to ask schadd, so I had more important business to take care of than to console myself on an awful game thusly far. Kept a post shorter than I normally would in order to get the request in before schadd went to bed. He answers, and I get excited because the day becomes much easier. Knock on wood. That's as good a place to springboard the day from as any. Even though apparently nobody else wants to claim right now. I like ICs and I like good direction. I get the Space argument, I can live with waiting on the rest of the claiming. But it's better the vig claim too soon than they claim too late.

What is suspicious, I grant you, is that I didn't acknowledge the fact that I'm still alive somehow. The reason for that is simple: I meant to. Then I forgot. On that note: I don't know why I'm still alive. But if Andrew's town, it's working.

Not self-deprecating: I'm already extremely deprecating. But I think my first game is different in 2 ways. First, jitters. I was TERRIFIED all game long that I'd blow it. After I managed to embarrass myself severely 3 posts in,  it was a sign that I needed to check my ego and accept that I was going to have a brutal time figuring stuff out. There ended up being some truth to that, and some nottruth. Second reason: Time. First game was summer, I could afford to get invested and really want to win. But I mentioned yesterday that everyone was starting to get apathetic, myself included. We managed like 5 pages or 2.5 schaddpages worth of content between 8 people and 8 days. I simply have not had the time to comb through days over and over again, and therefore, I guess I don't feel as awful when I hit the fan. But this is the day that's going to be different.

Questioning why a vig claim is important: I don't even understand this at all. I'm not questioning a vig claim, I'm saying a vig should claim. I did not say scum counterclaiming vig is stupid of them. It would actually be a smart move because the alternative is 3 potential scum teams, not 4. And I really don't care about me giving scum ideas: they're smart, they could've done the math themselves. And a vig claim does hurt scum. A lot. Where are you getting this from?

@Town!Andrew: I know I cannot pull off a good scum. It would be an absolute disaster. Maybe I underestimate myself. Probably am. But I can't imagine myself making fake reads, can't imagine myself behaving towards teammates with the appropriate attitude, and can't imagine myself not getting lynched by day 2 at the latest. You clearly have some doubts that I'm scum. That right there should tell you all you need to know. If you're 99% sure I'm scum, then I'm town.

(Confession time: Remember my first post when I said I was coming up with Skummy Skumpy posts beforehand that felt genuine as town to me? Those last 3 sentences were one of them. Turns out I did a good job with it, because it is a geuine sentiment.)

^And this is so not normal town!Skumpy.

What's not normal is me being accused after Day 1. Or at least an accusation that I'm worried will have drastic consequences. But there's a 50/50 you're scum and I don't need to worry that much.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.