Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130868 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 2 !)
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »

Um.. afterthought: Is this neighbourizer-target-claiming exercise giving too much info to scum? They know who most of the likely neighbourzers will target now, meaning even if they can't take out the neighbourizer by knowing exactly who it is, they can take out the most likely target. If that target is town, it town means we don't get our nice pair of ICs, because we risk one of the scum forcing a potential trade-off by making a neighbourizer counter-claim.

I'm not sure how much there is that we can do about the risk, but I do think it's more townie to say something in-thread than it is to sit on this. Hope the rest of you to whom this might also have occurred also agree with that..
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »

The deadline is coming? Oh well, I like my vote where it is.

...I refuse to give you the satisfaction of my giving in and responding to this. But know the annoyance exists, so mission accomplished to you.

So Teproc and Andrew just left the Space wagon for e, which both gladdens to me know that I'm having some impact, and also terrifies me that scum is taking advantage of my misread.

@faust: To expand on the LL/Teproc thing - I agree that LL is very scummy. I disagree that Teproc is. I went through the reads, nothing strikes me as crazy, but I don't know what scum!Teproc would say in a reread that would make me suspicious. I like the 2.7 scumread, I don't know why you have an issue with suspecting somebody who doesn't post a lot of content or overall reads. Then again, he does vote for DatSwan because DatSwan voted Awaclus and it's very 'unsuspicious' of scum to do. That is a bit of a stretch, and the Teproc reads suggest he's scumreading 2.7 harder, so that vote does seem odd.
If LaLight was scummy, it doesn't matter if Teproc isn't. Teproc would have to be very townie to nullify the LaLight read, and he just isn't. If anything, the LaLight stuff is more indicative as we know he didn't have a lot of time, and that makes it harder for scum to hide their intentions.

I have an issue with the e read because activity level is generally not a scumtell.

Dylan laughs at you from the graveyard. You contradict yourself so freely, and I know you're aware of it too. As Teproc said, there's not posting, and then there's empty posting. The latter does not warrant a pass when all you've done is go after 2 people on two different days, read me as town (which is never surprising from anyone), read Swan as scum (still seems bad), and read you(faust) as town (which is the most interesting, and he's not alone in doing so either).

I UNDERSTAND that Teproc doesn't nullify LaLight, but he's been impactful in his short time here, which is more than I can say for 2.7. He is an OG though, and I refuse to underestimate his scum ability. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I think you and him are both people who I'm always going to go against my instincts with. Take away the Teproc posts, I don't see much difference between the way LL and 2.7 have played thusly far.

I don't think there's more than 1 scum currently sitting on either wagon. Awaclus has not been willing to participate with either of them. Space thinks both are town, IDPTG I don't think has weighed in. Raptor voted LL, gave Teproc the Benefit o' Doubt, and scumread 2.7.

I need to go grab food now, I'll be back to this in like 60 minutes to think it over again (I know I'm ruining European lives again. But saturation comes before victory). There is a possibility both wagons are correct, which is the light I will cling to.

:o 8) ???

PPE: A few
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2017, 06:17:22 pm »

Yeah, I'm only going to be around for one mour hour, tops.

What's an OG ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »

I think LaLight was way scummier than e.

Definitely leaving my vote on Teproc.

Who else do you think is scummy ?

Andrew and faust.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2017, 07:09:24 pm »

Well I could go for faust, but I have to log off now. So... please don't lynch me ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2017, 07:26:35 pm »

Well I could go for faust, but I have to log off now. So... please don't lynch me ?

Super convincing.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm only going to be around for one mour hour, tops.

What's an OG ?

Original Gangster. I know you're O, but I don't know how much G you are. But I have no evidence to suggest against it.

Anyways, I'm back, and Teproc's gone. Time to read back and try to make a final decision with about 4.5 hours left.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2017, 07:36:12 pm »

hm. I also thought the game ended TOMORROW night so I am super thankful for you guys asking that.

may I request a vote count please?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2017, 07:47:41 pm »

Vote count 2.5

Awaclus (1): 2.71828...
SpaceAnemone (1): IDontPlayThisGame
Teproc (3): faust, gkrieg13, DatSwan
AndrewisFTTW (1): Awaclus
2.71828... (3): Skumpy, Teproc, AndrewisFTTW

not voting (2) : SpaceAnemone, Xxraptorslayer96

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. day 2 ends sunday, november 19th at 00:00 forum time, in a few hours

mod notes
  • idptg is VLA
mod quotes:
Can someone verify that day ends in less then 12 hours? Or am I a day off?

You're a day off, it ends at midnight on Sunday (forum time).

0000 usually means the very beginning of the day though. So, midnight tonight makes sense.

mod, in how many hours is the deadline?

10 after this was posted. i.e., "tonight"

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:46:10 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »

Hey people, let's get a lynch going. I gotta leave the house soon and wont be back.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:55 pm »

oh crud, people are voting for me. 

vote: teproc
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:48 pm »

I think I would rather the vote: 2.718 over teproc. I will be around for the most part

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 18, 2017, 08:39:06 pm »

See, now the scum come out to jump on my wagon.

Actually, I think there is a lot of town here
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 18, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »

First of all, Awaclus is (and always was) the best lynch.

That isn't happening.  Now Teproc makes a good alternative for all the reasons everyone else has said.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 18, 2017, 08:40:29 pm »

oh, and I am a VT in case anyone was curious

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 18, 2017, 08:40:40 pm »

claiming stuff is fun

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 18, 2017, 08:42:39 pm »

I could do Teproc too just for the record.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:10 pm »

Schadd, DatSwan is on Teproc (I think)
So if I'm correct, it's Skumpy, Andrew, Raptor vs 2.7, & faust, gkrieg, DatSwan vs Teproc, with Space, IDPTG, Awaclus currently off and unlikely to be back (except maybe Awaclus, for whatever good that'll do)

First: quick reminder that LL was Galzria's most likely target. Doesn't really mean anything, there would've been scum more under the radar, but a point in his favor (this was the first thing I wrote in this post, it ends up actually meaning nothing).

I could do Teproc too just for the record.
Dtto, and in fact...Vote: Teproc    L-1? If this is town, I'm starting tomorrow with 2.7 (I'm realizing how incredibly parallel this is with my 105, which is a bad sign for the battle but a great sign for the war). Not really because I think there has to be a scum here, but because they're both really scummy.

Biggest factor for me now: while doing a reread, I really didn't want to believe in finding potential teams and just wanted to find the scummiest. But man: there is one hell of a case for a Teproc/XX team.

vote: Xx

First vote of the day. I inferred the reason was for the hammer, but it's never said.

vote: LL

Returning the favor, with a flavor of OMGUS. He didn't bus even once as scum first time around (true enough anyways), no way he doesn't try it at all this time.

The Teproc day 1 read: Nothing for XX besides the hammer, which was null. If I was willing to vote for XX, then there was definitely stuff of interest there, which he neglects to mention.

Unvote — Welcome Tep

Reads
Scum
Andrew- Did his team save him from being lynched D1?
2.71828- flying pretty far under the radar ( I know, ironic coming from me). Just feel like hes not trying this game, out of character for him?
Awaclus- I guess this is just more of a gut feeling. The back and forth's with Andrew seem kind setup. Team?

null
Teproc- just entered the game. Giving him the benefit of the doubt at first.
Gkrieg- I️ have not had very many interactions with this player
Skumpy- scummier side of null. Strange as always. Nothing in particular that makes me think he’s scum. I️ think it’s weird that he never voted
Space - I️ need to reread. Nothing off the top of my head that comes off as scummy

Town
Faust- Seems to be genuinely scum hunting
Swan- Honestly slightly hard to not be basis. I️ feel like he’s acting similar to 105
IDPTG- majority of his arguments make sense

Did I get everyone? Again apologies I've been busy as of late.

A very convenient and totally incorrect reason to drop Teproc from scum to null.

I guess I can vote: Raptor. Awaclus would be fine too I suppose.

He knows this isn't happening. Why do people keep trying it?

Also if e's interpretation of the deadline is correct, that means I'll be sleeping through it, so it'd be nice to have people around now or in the next, like, two hours. Because I can't very well stop people from mislynching me if my vote is sitting on a random wagon people are not interested in.

I guess I'll go back to vote: e for now, I do think that's our best shot at hitting scum.

And the very next post. What did the Raptor vote accomplish again?

I think I would rather the vote: 2.718 over teproc. I will be around for the most part

And ta-da, the backtrack-bus is in full effect.

Still have no idea what people see in 2.7. But I do have an idea and agree with what people didn't see in LaLight. It might mean scum is leading me astray. It might mean me, the guy who really hates decisive voting, is being tricked into making the decisive vote that will probably get the wrong person lynched. My instincts have been against 2.7 since his very first postings, and what I learned from my time playing is that I should be trusting my instincts more. At the end of the day, I'm not afraid the game is lost with 2 mislynches, but the pressure does go up!

...or maybe it is Teproc and not 2.7 after all.

::) ::)

Schadd, DatSwan is on Teproc (I think)
noted. for the future: i missed datswan's vote because it was at the end of a line in the middle of a big post. to make it easier for me to find your votes, please put them ideally at the start of a line and at the start or end of a post.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:49:02 pm by schadd »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 18, 2017, 10:24:54 pm »

That's L-2 for Teproc.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 18, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

Hmm it is dawning on me we should of done a “who is gonna be around at deadline” thing....
I could switch to E! I suppose but i don’t want to leave it hanging in the wind.

Deadline is in like 1.5 hours....
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 18, 2017, 10:56:08 pm »

Hmm it is dawning on me we should of done a “who is gonna be around at deadline” thing....
I could switch to E! I suppose but i don’t want to leave it hanging in the wind.

I too can switch back to make a lynch happen, but I'm not going to spur it forwards. The Teproc/XX theory is leading for me, but I'm still not trusting of 2.7. At the very least, it would make me feel a lot better about my main idea.

It's Teproc 5, e 3 as it stands. I imagine what's going to end up happening is one of:

a) Andrew (or Awaclus) votes for Teproc. The end, nighty night
b) Awaclus magically shows up and votes 2.7 for some reason, and the vote goes back to 2.7 when no other change happens besides me and DatSwan, assumedly.
c) No lynch.
d) Can't we all just get along?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 18, 2017, 11:07:01 pm »

Alright I'll do the thing.

Vote: Teproc L-1

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 18, 2017, 11:10:11 pm »

I too can switch back to make a lynch happen, but I'm not going to spur it forwards. The Teproc/XX theory is leading for me, but I'm still not trusting of 2.7. At the very least, it would make me feel a lot better about my main idea.

It's Teproc 5, e 3 as it stands. I imagine what's going to end up happening is one of:

a) Andrew (or Awaclus) votes for Teproc. The end, nighty night
b) Awaclus magically shows up and votes 2.7 for some reason, and the vote goes back to 2.7 when no other change happens besides me and DatSwan, assumedly.
c) No lynch.
d) Can't we all just get along?

I will switch if needed. But I too rather stay on E

PPE:1
 I don’t think it’s going to make a difference

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 18, 2017, 11:10:24 pm »

The old back-2-back derphammer.

Classic.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 18, 2017, 11:11:31 pm »

The old back-2-back derphammer.

Classic.

I didn’t hammer? Nor do I plan on it
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.98 seconds with 20 queries.