Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 132851 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 2 !)
« Reply #775 on: November 17, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »

Awculus clearly isn’t happenig so i am i un voting that.
unvote

I feel kind of off between the LL and Teproc switch. I was reading LL as pretty heavy skum and Teproc seems to genuinely be attempting to hunt, which is different. All in all the only thing that changed is the fact that going forward we have Teproc instead of LL, which i guess is a town uograde. Still can’t forget about skum actions from LL though.

Re read at work to be sure but probably good with a Tep vote.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 17, 2017, 06:21:02 pm »

That being said, I think the scummiest player around is Swan. He feels super similar to M108, especially on D2 with the big analysis posts that come to not much.
Does he feel not similar to a town game of his?

No, he doesn't. Does this Swan look like M105!Swan to you ?
I haven't really thought about it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 17, 2017, 06:21:41 pm »

unvote
Well, how does unvoting help more than keeping your vote on Awaclus?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 17, 2017, 06:49:26 pm »

unvote
Well, how does unvoting help more than keeping your vote on Awaclus?

Short answer - it is my opinion that creating a situation where we go split wagon again towards end of day, would be beneficial for skum. Until i am done with re read i want to remove that from the table.

Gimme like 2 hours I’ll vote back somewhere when I’m done.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:19 pm »

unvote

I know, right?  no one likes my case for some reason.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 18, 2017, 01:20:13 am »

OK I have read to death and I am going with the EOD1 votes as a jumping off point:

Based on logic of self preservation, combined with the fact we were split wagon at the end of the day, I am assuming there was a mix of 2 skum on one wagon and 1 on the other (and then maybe the unvoter of course). Putting Skumpy aside for the moment that means for me at least that:

AndrewisFTTW (5): SpaceAnemone, DatSwan, Awaclus, gkrieg13, Dylan32 - leaving Space, Awaclus, and GK

Dylan32 (7): faust, LaLight, Galzria, AndrewisFTTW, 2.71828..., IDontPlayThisGame, Xxraptorslayer96 - leaving Faust, LL/Teproc, E!, IDPTG, and XXR (removed Andrew for previous mentioned self-preservation reasons. not saying off my list or whatever, just off this list).

That is (3) on Andrew [Space, Awaclus, and GK] and (5) on Dylan [Faust, LL/Teproc, E!, IDPTG, XXR]. I have to go with my reads, as it is all we have, and I am reading Faust as my one like clear clear town. So, from my perspective - feel free to apply yours as needed - that leaves the
(3) on Andrew -[Space, Awaclus, and GK]
and
(4) on Dylan [LL/Teproc, E!, IDPTG, XXR]
and of course
(1) Not voting [Skumpy]

Top three for me would be [LL/Teproc, E!, and Awaclus]. In that order. So for now I will sit with Vote: Teproc.

Also would like to mention that in my re read I am admitting I may have been overly defending of XXR. There is a potential skum there. I don't believe he is the best lynch today, please someone feel free to change my mind as I just want some input at this point, but I think between my listed 3 we are shooting 66%.

Also, then there is the Skumpster. Just saying it. Not saying skum read or anything, but the unvote just seems so overly cautious when it was obvious one of the 2 choices was going to get lynched.

real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 18, 2017, 07:05:48 am »

Also, then there is the Skumpster. Just saying it. Not saying skum read or anything, but the unvote just seems so overly cautious when it was obvious one of the 2 choices was going to get lynched.

Again: I lost all confidence in the waning hours and I didn't know who I'd rather vote for. In hindsight, I do believe both options were bad. Also, lovin' 'Skumpster', more of that please.

Top three for me would be [LL/Teproc, E!, and Awaclus]. In that order. So for now I will sit with Vote: Teproc.

Didn't you just say E was one of the towniest?

I sincerely don't understand why nobody wants to lynch 2.7. Do a reread (it's a lot nicer on the eye than it is to reread me, trust me!), it's a lot of empty posting, even more than LaLight. And then I think "But he's not dumb! He HAS to know this doesn't fly as scum. Right?" But then nobody cares. Space gives him towncred for... being active at the deadline? I was active too, but I get bupkis (that's Yiddish for 'nothing')? Or maybe I am just totally wrong and I'm trying to lynch someone whose game I don't know. Eh. It'll happen.

I really don't know at this point. I don't think it's Andrew, I don't think it's DatSwan, and that's all I got. I can read everybody else (and heck, even the above two to a degree) and think "well, what if they were scum? Sure, I could see them doing that." I'm gonna say from 1.5 games of experience that it's tough to use votes as leads until scum is caught. I appreciate Swan trying to do that...and then he makes a lynch pool of people from BOTH wagons, which completely defeated the purpose.

@faust: To expand on the LL/Teproc thing - I agree that LL is very scummy. I disagree that Teproc is. I went through the reads, nothing strikes me as crazy, but I don't know what scum!Teproc would say in a reread that would make me suspicious. I like the 2.7 scumread, I don't know why you have an issue with suspecting somebody who doesn't post a lot of content or overall reads. Then again, he does vote for DatSwan because DatSwan voted Awaclus and it's very 'unsuspicious' of scum to do. That is a bit of a stretch, and the Teproc reads suggest he's scumreading 2.7 harder, so that vote does seem odd.

Between LL/Teproc and Space, the two biggest wagons with < 1 day...I don't know. I understand the faust push on LT (minus the e read). Teproc, I just know, having never had to read him before, is someone who I'm going to have a tough time reading in general. He talks the talk and walks the walk. I'm leaning town, so probably scum, and yes, joining halfway through a game does not negate the LL postings. Space apparently doesn't read people as scum, but they did here, so they're town. K? They also made a big show in #738 with the neighborizer...if you're going to ration your wordcount between posts, unlike me  :), that's not the post that needs more words. I was thinking before this might be a "we caught a scum" situation, but the who's-off and the overall mood of lethargy makes me wonder if its just 2 town again. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm gonna suck up my insecurity (kinda) and say I will be voting for Teproc between Teproc and Space if people still don't care about 2.7. I don't really agree with people dropping the Awaclus wagon, there's still time enough (and I could see myself joining if I do a reread, which will not be happening now because it is now 4 o'clock). That would make it Teproc 4, Space 2, with Space and Teproc both currently not voting.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:54 am »

@faust: To expand on the LL/Teproc thing - I agree that LL is very scummy. I disagree that Teproc is. I went through the reads, nothing strikes me as crazy, but I don't know what scum!Teproc would say in a reread that would make me suspicious. I like the 2.7 scumread, I don't know why you have an issue with suspecting somebody who doesn't post a lot of content or overall reads. Then again, he does vote for DatSwan because DatSwan voted Awaclus and it's very 'unsuspicious' of scum to do. That is a bit of a stretch, and the Teproc reads suggest he's scumreading 2.7 harder, so that vote does seem odd.
If LaLight was scummy, it doesn't matter if Teproc isn't. Teproc would have to be very townie to nullify the LaLight read, and he just isn't. If anything, the LaLight stuff is more indicative as we know he didn't have a lot of time, and that makes it harder for scum to hide their intentions.

I have an issue with the e read because activity level is generally not a scumtell.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 18, 2017, 08:42:06 am »

I'm not scumreading e for being inactive. I'm scumreading him for not being impactful.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 18, 2017, 01:31:20 pm »

I am also kind of confused why people aren't going after me more.  At first I was genuinely busy, then I fell behind, etc.  Then I had an idea to just kind of hide in the shadows and see if scum would go after me. 

But enough of that.  reread time
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 18, 2017, 02:05:26 pm »

I am also kind of confused why people aren't going after me more.  At first I was genuinely busy, then I fell behind, etc.  Then I had an idea to just kind of hide in the shadows and see if scum would go after me. 

Well good, now you can go vote Teproc.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 18, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »

Again: I lost all confidence in the waning hours and I didn't know who I'd rather vote for. In hindsight, I do believe both options were bad. Also, lovin' 'Skumpster', more of that please.

Didn't you just say E was one of the towniest?

I changed my mind after re read.
real good. That’s how

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 18, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

vote: e
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 18, 2017, 03:47:23 pm »

I’ll rerad this today. Sorry,been busy.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 18, 2017, 03:49:33 pm »

Can someone verify that day ends in less then 12 hours? Or am I a day off?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 18, 2017, 03:56:19 pm »

You're a day off, it ends at midnight on Sunday (forum time).

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 18, 2017, 04:07:55 pm »

You're a day off, it ends at midnight on Sunday (forum time).

0000 usually means the very beginning of the day though. So, midnight tonight makes sense.

mod, in how many hours is the deadline?

10 after this was posted. i.e., "tonight"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:40:06 pm by schadd »

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 18, 2017, 04:56:25 pm »

Sorry, this always confuses me. If it's in 8 hours... ugh, the only wagon besides me is on Space ? I'll vote there if I need to I guess, But i'd rather not.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 18, 2017, 05:14:09 pm »

I guess I can vote: Raptor. Awaclus would be fine too I suppose.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 18, 2017, 05:18:27 pm »

Also if e's interpretation of the deadline is correct, that means I'll be sleeping through it, so it'd be nice to have people around now or in the next, like, two hours. Because I can't very well stop people from mislynching me if my vote is sitting on a random wagon people are not interested in.

I guess I'll go back to vote: e for now, I do think that's our best shot at hitting scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #795 on: November 18, 2017, 05:28:51 pm »

The deadline is coming? Oh well, I like my vote where it is.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:38 pm »

Mostly gut but I think Teproc is town. Other than that I'm not really that picky. e and Awaclus aren't doing anything towny, the last few things DatSwan have posted have seemed scummy to me, faust I'm wary about, raptor I'm slightly scumreading, Skumpy I think is town.

Vote: e
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:12 pm »

I think LaLight was way scummier than e.

Definitely leaving my vote on Teproc.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 18, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »

I've done my next batch of re-reads!

Andrew (81 posts): Pushing Swan pretty hard on D1, then one of the first content posts he made in D2 says he thinks he's town. Did a lot of rag-to-bull stuff with Awaclus, which is a good way of beign seen to be engaging without actually having to do a lot. Huh, I missed the negation in his comment at #662 the first time I read it. He complained about how nobody can read him a bunch of posts ago, but at #666 he's jumping onto my wagon with Skumpy's bad case about my getting confused between the three newbies. At #668/#669 he goes through the whole D1 mislynch wagon looking for people to scumread but doesn't end up moving his vote from me, who was on his wagon instead of Dylan's all along. Makes a big unhlepful deal about not getting how the weak neighbourizer works. I have kind of a feeling he did something similar while talking past LL early in D1, but I'd have to go back to check. I'm still not feeling many townie vibes from here.

Raptor (24 posts): Several listy things, very little content at all. The first reads list hedges on most things. Reads as kind of young/lacking in confidence, which might happen if someone is playing up their newbie status a bit to hide scumminess. I got away with that really nicely in my first ever scum game. And urgh, that D1 hammer :-( Boring imgus vote at #670. There's a bunch of factual comments masquerading as reads at #718. He's talked a couple of times about "not having interactions" with people, as if that prevents him from reading their interactions with other people... seems kind of constructed to me. Yeah, happy to vote here if it comes to it. Nullish-scum.

Chairs/gkrieg (4+24 posts): The chairs part is pretty lacking and uninformative, though he gets a scumpoint or two for his vote on me early on for being "not!Space". Gkrieg is clearly misguided (emacs!), but reads me well in his livestream re-read. Ah, just been reminded of his comment about DatSwan and the townslips vs being town. I think the third option gkrieg failed to consider is that the scums could all be drawn from the pool of non-mathsy people, since I get the impression there are quite a few. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how mathsy Chairs is? I like gkrieg's D2 opening for a bit of towniness. Aw, I made it to second on gkrieg's neighbourizer list. Not so worried about him being scum yet.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 18, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »

I think LaLight was way scummier than e.

Definitely leaving my vote on Teproc.

Who else do you think is scummy ?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 20 queries.