Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130887 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 2 !)
« Reply #700 on: November 15, 2017, 12:05:22 pm »

Vote count 2.3

Xxraptorslayer96 (2): IDontPlayThisGame, Skumpy
Awaclus (2): 2.71828..., DatSwan
SpaceAnemone (2): Teproc, AndrewisFTTW
Teproc (3): faust, Xxraptorslayer96, gkrieg13
AndrewisFTTW (1): Awaclus

not voting (1) : SpaceAnemone

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. day 2 ends sunday, november 19th at 00:00 forum time.

mod notes
  • Teproc replaces LaLight, effective immediately. thanks my dude!
mod quotes:
,apfgug
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:11:29 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 15, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »

Hi all, will take time to read later tonight.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 15, 2017, 02:37:22 pm »

I, too, will get to this tonight. For now though, vote: Space

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 15, 2017, 03:10:11 pm »

hm. I don't know how to approach a lead lynch candidate being replaced. I suppose it doesn't matter right?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 15, 2017, 05:24:14 pm »

not feeling the space wagon
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 15, 2017, 05:40:48 pm »

I was going to try to do a targeted re-read of everyone tonight, but I'm only through the first four in the list so far, and I'm feeling too tired to focus on more already, so I'll put what I've got here. Of these four, Skumpy feels the most scummy, but I was going through in sign-up order, so I haven't reached Andrew yet, and I'm still feeling the wagon there from D1.

e (46 posts): Lots of empty early stuff, but really active at the deadline. Wants to push IDPTG a lot. Joins the Dylan mislynch quite close to deadline when people are already starting not to be available for the night. Tentative townread. Though his most recent post says he thinks I'm probably town, so maybe I subconsciously got buddied, though it's not like I actually remembered that at the start of my re-read!

Skumpy (44 posts): I still find the "If I were skum" mindset a bit worrying. Also, what's with all that "don't want to vote Swan for reasons I'm not talking about" stuff? Wow, he writes long posts.. I think I've mostly only skimmed things of his before. Very few townies in his reads post at #245, and he misses out IDP and me completely for some reason. Very big on over-explaining his votes: could be a scum thing or could just be a verbosity thing. Made a bit of a show of being willing to switch to Andrew at the end of D1, but actually voting and staying on Dylan. Why is his top scum read at #484 a secret? The unvote at #490 was extra-super-unhelpful because it took a potential vote out of the game at a time when I and probably others on my side of the Atlantic were struggling to be present and about to have to call it a night. Comes into D2 with fishy-looking distributions over the cost numbers for the combinations of possible town roles. Admist at #672 that he hasn't given a lot of towncred... could be something possible scum-buddies mentioned in the night, though.

LL/Teproc (44 posts): Hard to get a read on LL. He seems genuine enough, but equally I could convince myself there's a little hint of the LL I saw when he and I were scum together, so I'm not townreading him as hard as I feel like I otherwise could. Let's see what Teproc says.

DatSwan (63 posts): Lots of early setup speculation founded on something incorrect. Then a bunch of middle posts that seem focused on Faust and Raptor kind of oddly. He gets more helpful towards the deadline, with town-to-scum lists that don't miss people off, and do offer plenty at the town end of the spectrum. He has a confusing number of posts where he seems to be misquoting or something.

PPE 1: Cool, now both of e's two most recent posts support me :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 15, 2017, 06:11:56 pm »

deadline extended by 24hr again.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 15, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

Sentences. Give us more sentences please. With good words in them.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 15, 2017, 07:03:41 pm »

deadline extended by 24hr again.

why?

replacement
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:10:22 pm by schadd »
real good. That’s how

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 15, 2017, 07:05:26 pm »

e (46 posts): Lots of empty early stuff, but really active at the deadline. Wants to push IDPTG a lot. Joins the Dylan mislynch quite close to deadline when people are already starting not to be available for the night. Tentative townread. Though his most recent post says he thinks I'm probably town, so maybe I subconsciously got buddied, though it's not like I actually remembered that at the start of my re-read!

What about this gives you your townread on e?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »

Skumpy (44 posts): I still find the "If I were skum" mindset a bit worrying. Also, what's with all that "don't want to vote Swan for reasons I'm not talking about" stuff? Wow, he writes long posts.. I think I've mostly only skimmed things of his before. Very few townies in his reads post at #245, and he misses out IDP and me completely for some reason. Very big on over-explaining his votes: could be a scum thing or could just be a verbosity thing. Made a bit of a show of being willing to switch to Andrew at the end of D1, but actually voting and staying on Dylan. Why is his top scum read at #484 a secret? The unvote at #490 was extra-super-unhelpful because it took a potential vote out of the game at a time when I and probably others on my side of the Atlantic were struggling to be present and about to have to call it a night. Comes into D2 with fishy-looking distributions over the cost numbers for the combinations of possible town roles. Admist at #672 that he hasn't given a lot of towncred... could be something possible scum-buddies mentioned in the night, though.

Defense time! My favorite! I shall assume you're town for the purposes of this post:

"If I were skum": Fakeclaiming is tough this game. The end. I don't know why I'm the only person to realize this.

"Don't want to vote Swan": For reasons very similar to what Dylan did with Awaclus. And I did it first! I think I'm OK with sharing this stuff now, but I want to do one last reread of Swan before I reveal (even though I already did reveal most of it later on)

"Long posts...only skimmed things": Mwahaha, my plan exactly (insert evil emoji, which does not exist here). I know this isn't an accusation, but I'll answer anyways: I prefer to put everything in one big block rather than split em all up like faust. Just how I operate, I'm aware it's displeasing.

"Missed you and IDP": How dare you insult the memory of Dylan32, he's gone but not forgotten! I have a record of 1/2 for being correct on D1 townreads, which is worse than random guessing. I hate D1's, I don't think there's anything of worthwhile significance for the first lynch, I stand by it being a total shot in the dark that I still end up getting overconfident in.  On later days, sure. On D1, I can say "I don't want to lynch you now", but I'm very hesitant to take a stance and townread people, especially when I don't know their playstyles well enough. As for missing 3 people, I left an invisible middle category.

"Over explaining": "Is it scum or verbosity," you say?   ..... do I need to answer that?  :P

"Big show with Andrew": It's called uncertainty, or in Skumpy language, "I have no goddamn idea because I suck at reads". I did not 'stay' on Dylan, I unvoted because I got cold feet, which turned out to be correct. The 'I've made my decision' referred to Andrew...then I got scared again. If my being honest and blunt is a big show, enjoy the circus!

"Why top scum read a secret": Because it wasn't Andrew or Dylan and there wasn't anything to be accomplished. If I didn't mention it by now (and again, I think I did), it was 2.7. My first scumread in 105 was correct, but I never really acted on it until D3 even though my read never really wavered, it was just that other people felt more suspicious. The same thing happened D1, and I didn't want it to carry over into D2 (even though it already has. Surprise!)

"The Unvote being unhelpful": It was 2 hours before the lynch. I didn't say "alright, I'm unvoting, peace, see ya guys on the flip-flop" I stayed and was active. If it was needed, my vote was going right back to Andrew to make a lynch happen. There was time enough for me to think things through again and there were enough people to make a lynch happen, I definitely did not throw a wrench into the ironworks. Apologies to you East Atlantacians...but the deadline is always going to bother somebody. faust and Lalight were already gone anyways.

Fishy-Looking distributions: That has nothing to do with me being skum, that has to do with "I suck at math". And even if that was all a diabolical move on my part, what good does that accomplish? It's not like anybody cares about the exact numbers. I just took a chance to practice my basic coding, and apparently, also show off my putrid reasoning skills.

"Hasn't given towncred": This is actually where you are right, I got advice to act really uncertain because nobody would suspect the crying wolf. Props to you for figuring that part out.

Space, you're trying to scumread me when you should be trying to Skumread me. Not the same thing at all. Nobody has voted me this game outside of RVS when 7 of them had seen me play before. Am I stupid enough to trust they're all town just because they don't vote me? Yes, but I'm still not doing it. I have a history, you're invited to take a look before you continue down a blunder-populated pathway.

I should do a reread now. Eh, I'll Crastinate this time. I will at some point soon though.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #711 on: November 15, 2017, 07:29:38 pm »

Commenting as I go through the game. I was vaguely following D1, Dylan got mislynched right ? I guess I'll see soon enough. I apologize in advance for the wall of text.

Vote: Dylan

Super early, but still, gonna say Andrew and faust are somewhat unlikely to be scum together.

Early Skumpy is very reminiscent of M105!Skumpy.

#96: e being self-aware, hm.

#102: towny chairs, to the point.

Awaclus has an awful neighborizer plan which seems out-of-character.

#126: I know, right ? (not alignment-relevant, don't bother)

#127: IDPTG's "Skumpy covered the setup pretty well" seems scummy to me. I seem to remember IDPTG being more interested in setup talk than that.

#136: Galz arbitratily declaring faust is town. Townie. Also accurately calls out IDPTG for talking about rereads for a game that's barely started.

#140: Nevermind, e is town again.

#153: A bad IDPTG vote (on Andrew, who was doing fine). Well, I know who I'd have been wanting to lynch at that point.

faust is having some fun. I don't remember what that means, but I like it.

Dylan wagon forming because LALL. Ugh. People, you need to stop listening to faust on D1, lynching lurkers suck. I would never support such a thing. Never !

#169: Oh no, I unwittingly agreed with Awaclus, argh.

#175: A well-deserved vote for faust by Awaclus. What is happening ?

#176: IDPTG making sense, which I think is townie for him. I guess I'd be switching to... well, not faust I don't think, but someone else at this point. Maybe Swan.

#180: Galz doing some Awaclus-wrangling. Easy to fake (unhelpful town is lovely to deal with as scum, not that Awaclus was being particularly unhelpful here but you know), but I like it.

#189: Of course faust hates it (it being the above).

#193: Yeah, IDPTG is getting townie now (nothing super specific, just generally being constructive).

#194: Aaaaaand Galz getting into a theoretical argument with Awaclus AND voting for "me". Sigh. You were doing so well !

#198: More alignment-irrelevant truth from Andrew.

Andrew is funny. I missed playing with you, it's been a while !

Ah, Space is in this game. Yeah, I guess that's where my vote would've been at that point. I do think I have a math-hating bias against them, but oh well.

#216: Wait wait, Space is actually giving reads, real ones. Nevermind then. That's atually a super-townie post given that scum!Space was entirely incapable of doing even half of that in M108.

#236: e oppoing up again to say not much, which reminds me he should have been more of a presence. Town points from earlier are officially rescinded.

#245: Skumpy going from a non-wagon to another, which at this exact point of the game is townie I think. Also... yeah, Dylan did get mislynched (and I see Galz was killed too, I guess I can stop commenting on him) and was the leading wagon at this point, yet Raptor has nothing to say about him. Given that Dylan was town, I find that super-townie: scum definitely wants to take some sort of stance regarding a leading mislynch wagon.

#251: Don't like that Swan vote, and not just because it's on "me". Feels forced, with some scummy hedge too.

#256: Dead town reads! Unvoting scummy!Swan to vote for "me". Tssk.

#265: "X is town." posts are my favorite posts. Still not convinced Swan is though. I was also just thinking I had no idea how I could read XXR, so I'm very curious what made Swan think that, especially given the triplets-claim . Swan ?

#284: A wild gkrieg appears ! He's doing a reread right away, doesn't he know only losers do that ?

It's actually a pretty good post. I think scum!gkrieg is the constructive type, though ? Don't remember if I've encountered scum!gkrieg past his newbie days.

Awaclus is funny too, sometimes.

#300: A wild e re-appears ! Self-aware again. Weird. Maybe scummy, especially because there's no follow-up to "I sure haven't been doing much this game !". Paraphrasing.

#313: IDPTG u Andrew(2), v Raptor (1)

This is a pretty interesting point wagon-wise btw. Vote count there is

Space (3): gkrieg, Swan, ANdrew
Andrew (3): IDPTG, Space, Skumpy
LL (2): Galz, Dylan
Dylan (2): faust, LL
faust (2): Raptor, Awaclus
IDPTG (1): e

Seems pretty safe to bet at least one scum has 2 votes on them. Otherwise they're sitting pretty I suppose, but I'd expect the people doing the most work at this point to be more likely to be scum.

faust is there but that's just faust, mostly I'm looking at IDPTG's #309 vote and especially DatSwan's #331 vote. They both are getting off the leading wagons (Andrew and Space) and Swan's Dylan vote makes him the lead lynch candidate.

Andrew's 334 also fit, but like IDPTG he goes to a new wagon, so Swan still looks scummiest here.

#349: More of e saying "oh noes I'm not doing anything that's bad" and still not doing anything. I do not care for it, at all.

#354: Kinda smarmy from Swan, scummy I think.

Ah, Swan's #356 kinda ruins my argument (going back to Andrew, resulting in

faust (3) Raptor, Awaclus, Dylan
Andrew (3): Space, Skumpy, Swan
LL (1): Galz
Raptor (1): IDPTG
Space (1): gkrieg
Swan (1): Andrew

Oh well, he's still scummy. I do think this vote count also makes faust and Andrew scummy based on how the day ended up (but I could be proved wrong by how things go from there again I guess). That is, I'm assuming there to be some effort to swing towards Dylan next if one of them is scum.

IDPTG goes for a Raptor lurker thing rather than Dylan, which looks townie given Dylan's alignment.

And then he ruins it with a scumslip argument. Boo !

8 hours to deadline at this point, things are veeery undecided. Scum has to be worried, even if they're not in the main three "wagons" (faust, Andrew, Dylan), this a very indecisive D1 and scum does not like that.

And the first swing vote I was waiting for on Dylan comes from... Galz (426). Of course. Hrmph.

Townpoints to Swan for defending Dylan here. Even if the main three wagons are on town, I think scum is still nervous and wants nothing more than let the Dylan momentum continue. I mean, both faust and Galz are now on him, that's a very good start, but at only three votes anything could still happen.

#441: Here's the scummy swing vote I was looking for, by Andrew. A bit of a fussy vote too, especially for ANdrew.

#449: With Awaclus on Andrew, it's now looking like a Dylan v Andrew thing. ANdrew gets to L-2 first thanks to gkrieg (#455), but then Skumpy switches, which is pretty decisive and does not look good for Skumpy. Unless Andrew is town, in which case whatever, scum is fine sitting back now, they're safe.

e still trying to lynch IDPTG at this point ? Ugh.

#490: Skumpy unvoting ! Definitely not Andrew's partner then, which might be useful to know later.

#530: e finally accepting that it's Andrew v Dylan, picks Dylan. Definitely doesn't feel partner-y to Andrew either, but fits the bill of scum being present to ensure a lynch goes through and trying to play truthtfully in the meantime. It's a very strange move for town!e to try for an IDPTG wagon for so long here.

Null on Raptor's hammer. It's not great because Dylan could have claimed, but I entirely buy that Raptor didn't realize it and it was very close to deadline. Don't think it's alignment-indicatve at all really.

Done for now. e is the scummiest player in the game by a fair margin so far.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:17 pm »

Wow, I suck. Promise to get to this asap.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #713 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:23 pm »

Awaclus has an awful neighborizer plan which seems out-of-character.

The only part about it that was out-of-character was that it was awful. Other than that, it was perfectly in-character.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 15, 2017, 10:29:49 pm »

Quick note- I'm going to be VLA November 17th-19th. I should have time to post a little those days and I'll try to make some time for the deadline.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 16, 2017, 01:31:35 am »

Space (3): gkrieg, Swan, ANdrew
Andrew (3): IDPTG, Space, Skumpy
LL (2): Galz, Dylan
faust (2): Raptor, Awaclus

Seems pretty safe to bet at least one scum has 2 votes on them.
Is there any reason for this assumption other than basic probability?

Other than that, I read all of this post, I still think that is a good place to lynch.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:22 am »

#236: e oppoing up again to say not much, which reminds me he should have been more of a presence. Town points from earlier are officially rescinded.

#300: A wild e re-appears ! Self-aware again. Weird. Maybe scummy, especially because there's no follow-up to "I sure haven't been doing much this game !". Paraphrasing.

#349: More of e saying "oh noes I'm not doing anything that's bad" and still not doing anything. I do not care for it, at all.

#530: e finally accepting that it's Andrew v Dylan, picks Dylan. Definitely doesn't feel partner-y to Andrew either, but fits the bill of scum being present to ensure a lynch goes through and trying to play truthtfully in the meantime. It's a very strange move for town!e to try for an IDPTG wagon for so long here.

And there we have it. It seems 50% based on e not being active (but of course me proposing a lurker lynch was *gasp* awful), and 50% on him trying out a different wagon which doesn't work out and close to deadline he decides on one of the main wagon. Both of which are the exact behaviours he showed in M108, as town. Here is a vote 1.5 minutes prior to deadline from that game:

Vote: space

So I ask, how is this scummy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 16, 2017, 01:43:24 am »

There was supposed to be a preface to this post that said something along the lines of "let's see why Teproc thinks e is scum".

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 16, 2017, 02:07:34 am »

Unvote — Welcome Tep

Reads
Scum
Andrew- Did his team save him from being lynched D1?
2.71828- flying pretty far under the radar ( I know, ironic coming from me). Just feel like hes not trying this game, out of character for him?
Awaclus- I guess this is just more of a gut feeling. The back and forth's with Andrew seem kind setup. Team?

null
Teproc- just entered the game. Giving him the benefit of the doubt at first.
Gkrieg- I️ have not had very many interactions with this player
Skumpy- scummier side of null. Strange as always. Nothing in particular that makes me think he’s scum. I️ think it’s weird that he never voted
Space - I️ need to reread. Nothing off the top of my head that comes off as scummy

Town
Faust- Seems to be genuinely scum hunting
Swan- Honestly slightly hard to not be basis. I️ feel like he’s acting similar to 105
IDPTG- majority of his arguments make sense

Did I get everyone? Again apologies I've been busy as of late.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 16, 2017, 02:33:28 am »

Commenting as I go through the game. I was vaguely following D1, Dylan got mislynched right ? I guess I'll see soon enough. I apologize in advance for the wall of text.

#251: Don't like that Swan vote, and not just because it's on "me". Feels forced, with some scummy hedge too. - Vote was a little forced TBH. I meant what I said, I thought Space/LL interactions were cheesy skummy sounding so I picked the person I felt skummiest and voted there.

#256: Dead town reads! Unvoting scummy!Swan to vote for "me". Tssk. - I am still not sure how I was coming off as skummy at this point, but somewhat irrelevant now. Should be noted that Post #1 of the game was him voting for me so it had been some time for him to consider things.

#265: "X is town." posts are my favorite posts. Still not convinced Swan is though. I was also just thinking I had no idea how I could read XXR, so I'm very curious what made Swan think that, especially given the triplets-claim . Swan ? - I thought I made it fairly clear. As you played with us in 105 I assume you remember the... ahem... "XXR blunder" on D3 or D4, whichever it was. I do not believe that such a new player, especially one with such a low post count, would make so many errors in one post as skum. I feel like everything from the grammar to the terminology would be correct. He spelled "faust" incorrectly, he used "bus" when he meant "wagon"... and then there is the entire line on me; "seems quite for someone who normally has a lot to say" - first off he mis-spelled "quiet" as "quite", and then also, as much as I would love to believe my image is oh so talkative Swan... I do not feel like until this game I have really put in an effort to claim that. I feel like Skum!Anyone would not make such a claim with like no real substantiation to back it. If anything, the opposite.

#354: Kinda smarmy from Swan, scummy I think. - I will start to using **'s around what I thought was clear sarcasm.

Oh well, he's still scummy. I do think this vote count also makes faust and Andrew scummy based on how the day ended up (but I could be proved wrong by how things go from there again I guess). That is, I'm assuming there to be some effort to swing towards Dylan next if one of them is scum. - I mean... I was pretty clear I didn't want to vote Dylan...

8 hours to deadline at this point, things are veeery undecided. Scum has to be worried, even if they're not in the main three "wagons" (faust, Andrew, Dylan), this a very indecisive D1 and scum does not like that. - I have a lot to say about this. Will post separately.

Townpoints to Swan for defending Dylan here. Even if the main three wagons are on town, I think scum is still nervous and wants nothing more than let the Dylan momentum continue. I mean, both faust and Galz are now on him, that's a very good start, but at only three votes anything could still happen.

#441: Here's the scummy swing vote I was looking for, by Andrew. A bit of a fussy vote too, especially for ANdrew. - At first this was my only thought as well. Upon further thought, not ruling it out, but if Andrew is Town, the only person he knows to be town is himself. So if faust is off the table, which he kind of was at this point, and it is between him and someone else... I mean you vote for the person you are not 100% sure is town right?

#449: With Awaclus on Andrew, it's now looking like a Dylan v Andrew thing. ANdrew gets to L-2 first thanks to gkrieg (#455), but then Skumpy switches, which is pretty decisive and does not look good for Skumpy. Unless Andrew is town, in which case whatever, scum is fine sitting back now, they're safe. - paints both of them in a bad light imo.

e still trying to lynch IDPTG at this point ? Ugh. - given circumstances I found specifically this extremely strange. (skum relaxed at this point, knowing dylan not skum, so making waves on some third party trying to save town looks good etc etc.)

#490: Skumpy unvoting ! Definitely not Andrew's partner then, which might be useful to know later. - disagree. I think the room read pretty clear at this point that one of them was going to lynch.

#530: e finally accepting that it's Andrew v Dylan, picks Dylan. Definitely doesn't feel partner-y to Andrew either, but fits the bill of scum being present to ensure a lynch goes through and trying to play truthtfully in the meantime. It's a very strange move for town!e to try for an IDPTG wagon for so long here. - See above two points, but I agree this switch paints E! in a townier light.

Null on Raptor's hammer. It's not great because Dylan could have claimed, but I entirely buy that Raptor didn't realize it and it was very close to deadline. Don't think it's alignment-indicatve at all really. - extremely un-null on raptors hammer for the exact reason that Dylan could of claimed.

Opinions. FWIW. Skipped most the early stuff as we have already talked it to death. It was important of course for you to read through it, just don't want to have any of those same conversations again :P

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 16, 2017, 02:39:21 am »

Unvote — Welcome Tep

Reads
Scum
Andrew- Did his team save him from being lynched D1?
2.71828- flying pretty far under the radar ( I know, ironic coming from me). Just feel like hes not trying this game, out of character for him?
Awaclus- I guess this is just more of a gut feeling. The back and forth's with Andrew seem kind setup. Team?

null
Teproc- just entered the game. Giving him the benefit of the doubt at first.
Gkrieg- I️ have not had very many interactions with this player
Skumpy- scummier side of null. Strange as always. Nothing in particular that makes me think he’s scum. I️ think it’s weird that he never voted
Space - I️ need to reread. Nothing off the top of my head that comes off as scummy

Town
Faust- Seems to be genuinely scum hunting
Swan- Honestly slightly hard to not be basis. I️ feel like he’s acting similar to 105
IDPTG- majority of his arguments make sense

Did I get everyone? Again apologies I've been busy as of late.

Andrew- Did his team save him from being lynched D1? ---- Can you explain what your theory is on this. Not saying it might not be relevant, just some details would be nice from you POV.

Teproc- just entered the game. Giving him the benefit of the doubt at first. --- Remember while he is a new player, he holds the same role that LL held prior to his take over. I have answered my own question from before.. you should absolutely keep the Teproc/LL line clear in head, but also weigh both sets of actions as they are.

Skumpy- scummier side of null. Strange as always. Nothing in particular that makes me think he’s scum. I️ think it’s weird that he never voted --- He did vote. He unvoted right at the end.

Faust- Seems to be genuinely scum hunting --- He always seems to be genuinely skum hunting. I mean I think he is town at this point, but just saying.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2017, 02:42:08 am »

And there we have it. It seems 50% based on e not being active (but of course me proposing a lurker lynch was *gasp* awful), and 50% on him trying out a different wagon which doesn't work out and close to deadline he decides on one of the main wagon. Both of which are the exact behaviours he showed in M108, as town. Here is a vote 1.5 minutes prior to deadline from that game:

Vote: space

So I ask, how is this scummy?

Just to the last part - E! last minute voted for Space at the EOD in 108 and Space was skum. Therefore, not skummy. Now he votes for Dylan last minute-ish in this game at EOD1 and Dylan flipped town. Not saying people don't make mistakes.. but THAT is how it is skummy.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2017, 02:44:08 am »

Sentences. Give us more sentences please. With good words in them.

pretty please.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 16, 2017, 02:50:09 am »

I was going to try to do a targeted re-read of everyone tonight, but I'm only through the first four in the list so far, and I'm feeling too tired to focus on more already, so I'll put what I've got here. Of these four, Skumpy feels the most scummy, but I was going through in sign-up order, so I haven't reached Andrew yet, and I'm still feeling the wagon there from D1.

LL/Teproc (44 posts): Hard to get a read on LL. He seems genuine enough, but equally I could convince myself there's a little hint of the LL I saw when he and I were scum together, so I'm not townreading him as hard as I feel like I otherwise could. Let's see what Teproc says.

DatSwan (63 posts): Lots of early setup speculation founded on something incorrect. Then a bunch of middle posts that seem focused on Faust and Raptor kind of oddly. He gets more helpful towards the deadline, with town-to-scum lists that don't miss people off, and do offer plenty at the town end of the spectrum. He has a confusing number of posts where he seems to be misquoting or something.

PPE 1: Cool, now both of e's two most recent posts support me :-)

E! - Agreement

LL/Teproc - Did not read LL as genuine. Not, like, not genuine either.. just weird enough to put him on my list. Didn't play with him as skum in whatever game that was so no opinion there.

Skumpy - As someone who played my entire first town games in the mindset of "if I were skum" I have to disagree with that concept. I do not think the majority of players, Skumpy specifically given the unvote, thought the options at hand were really great. When in that situation, looking at things from a skum perspective can be quite helpful IMO.

Me - Yeah I wasted 48 hours of my life, I suck. I purposefully do not try to piss off people in my summary posts because I find it helps the group be more conducive of skum hunting instead of defending themselves. annnnndddd obviously I suck at quoting.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 16, 2017, 02:55:43 am »

I'd do Andrew as Neighborizer.

So that is a no to establishing the order then?
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.