Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130846 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 2 !)
« Reply #675 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:07 am »

LL not moving his vote for pretty much the whole game is really strange to me but I'll have to go back and a do a reread on him.
I mean, I did the same thing; why do you think it's strange for LaLight but not for me?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 14, 2017, 02:48:53 am »

LL not moving his vote for pretty much the whole game is really strange to me but I'll have to go back and a do a reread on him.

Well, I pretty much thought for the whole D1 that Dylan was scum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:39 am »

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

I really don't believe this. There is nothing at all similar about us, and I would not be surprised to see a scum team of Space/{Raptor,DatSwan} (or both). RR made a similar slip in my first game (!) that helped tell me Swan was town after RR flipped - this I could easily see being a bluff. Not voting yet.

I agree with Skumpy on this, not buying it. This seems really off for Space.

Vote: Space
I don't understand why scum!Space would make something like this up. I mean Skumpy gives an explanation, but I am really not buying that. I think Space as any alignment wouldn't come up with this if it wasn't at least close to the truth.

Not suggesting they made it up exactly, just that it's surprising to me that Space would get those three mixed up. I just expect Space to be a little more familiar and knowledgeable of all three players.

I mean, I did the same thing; why do you think it's strange for LaLight but not for me?

It's strange for you too I guess but I would think LL would do a little more poking and prodding, trying to use votes to guage reactions. But maybe I'm misremembering how LL plays.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:55 am »

See above.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (now's the time, the time is now!)
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:14 am »

Dylan32 (7): faust, LaLight, Galzria, AndrewisFTTW, 2.71828..., IDontPlayThisGame, Xxraptorslayer96

Note: Not including the first two votes (faust and me) as they were on Pg. 4 and were RVS.
Speak for yourself. I don't do RVS.

Ok but you didn't give an explanation before voting so I just assumed it was RVS.

This was the last post from Dylan before you voted him (again this is pg. 4). Did it have something something to do with this post?

Roles/Modifiers I need to look up:

N2 weak neighborizer - 1
(N1 ascetic) 3-shot tracker - 1
vigilante - 2
odd night doctor, even night neapolitan - 2
jailkeeper + rolecop (same target) - 3
ascetic double motion detector - 3

Weak - does that fail on scum? Kill you if you target scum?
Ascetic - I have no idea in relation to a Mafia game.
Neapolitan - I have no idea in relation to a Mafia game.

role PMs are relevant!

Weak - Dies if target of your action is scum.
Ascetic - Immune to night actions other than night kills.
Neapolitan - A cop that returns vanilla if target is VT, not-vanilla otherwise.

All answers according to the normal version described on mafiascum.

PPE 1: of course he listed the pms...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2017, 03:10:03 am »

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

I really don't believe this. There is nothing at all similar about us, and I would not be surprised to see a scum team of Space/{Raptor,DatSwan} (or both). RR made a similar slip in my first game (!) that helped tell me Swan was town after RR flipped - this I could easily see being a bluff. Not voting yet.

I don't understand why scum!Space would make something like this up. I mean Skumpy gives an explanation, but I am really not buying that. I think Space as any alignment wouldn't come up with this if it wasn't at least close to the truth.

Not suggesting they made it up exactly, just that it's surprising to me that Space would get those three mixed up. I just expect Space to be a little more familiar and knowledgeable of all three players.
Okay, but if it's not made up, then why is it scummy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (now's the time, the time is now!)
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:17 am »

Dylan32 (7): faust, LaLight, Galzria, AndrewisFTTW, 2.71828..., IDontPlayThisGame, Xxraptorslayer96

Note: Not including the first two votes (faust and me) as they were on Pg. 4 and were RVS.
Speak for yourself. I don't do RVS.

Ok but you didn't give an explanation before voting so I just assumed it was RVS.

This was the last post from Dylan before you voted him (again this is pg. 4). Did it have something something to do with this post?

Roles/Modifiers I need to look up:

N2 weak neighborizer - 1
(N1 ascetic) 3-shot tracker - 1
vigilante - 2
odd night doctor, even night neapolitan - 2
jailkeeper + rolecop (same target) - 3
ascetic double motion detector - 3

Weak - does that fail on scum? Kill you if you target scum?
Ascetic - I have no idea in relation to a Mafia game.
Neapolitan - I have no idea in relation to a Mafia game.

role PMs are relevant!

Weak - Dies if target of your action is scum.
Ascetic - Immune to night actions other than night kills.
Neapolitan - A cop that returns vanilla if target is VT, not-vanilla otherwise.

All answers according to the normal version described on mafiascum.

PPE 1: of course he listed the pms...
Yes. All he did was offer some pointless theory talk, trying to be helpful without committing to anything.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2017, 03:14:41 am »

Okay, but if it's not made up, then why is it scummy?

Because the town!Space I know is confident, posting a lot of content, seems to have solid reads. This is the opposite of that.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:39 am »

Because the town!Space I know is confident, posting a lot of content, seems to have solid reads. This is the opposite of that.

Meh, I wouldn't describe me as a reads person at all. I'm good with likelihoods and handling information. Though it's entirely possible that my reads have been good and you're just scum.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:09 pm »

quote blocks would take up 2 pages. so I will summarize to 2 lines:

@Skumpy - All good. life sucks some times. I probably came off short as well. Apologies.
Vote: Awaclus

I have work for a bit but I will do some posting this evening.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2017, 04:36:24 pm »

Ok getting to this now

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2017, 04:42:55 pm »

@Skumpy - All good. life sucks some times. I probably came off short as well. Apologies.

I have provided a valid defense. There are others who have blatantly refused to even try even after multiple prompts. Voting for me is absolutely ridiculous at this point.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 14, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

I have provided a valid defense. There are others who have blatantly refused to even try even after multiple prompts. Voting for me is absolutely ridiculous at this point.

Noted.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2017, 04:58:32 pm »

I like this from DatSwan.  Shows he is thinking about things, and trying to gather information from them.

Skumpy has a lot of stuff in his posts, but I really don't have any idea of what he'll look like when he is scum...

So Faust, your top two scum reads are dead, but it seems to not have phased you at all and you say that Dylan’s reads don’t matter?  If I were in your position, I would acknowledge that I have some things to reconsider, but it seems like you are just moving on.
Well I have things to reconsider. I'm also moving on. I don't see how these two are mutually exclusive. And of course Dylan's reads are less important than Galzria's because Galzria was killed maybe for his reads, and Dylan wasn't. That is not controversial stuff.

I guess my point with that question is that you lead us to one mislynch, and the other person that you were heavily pushing for was also town, yet no one seems to give you any kind of scum points for that, and it looks like you are just chugging along like nothing really happened.

I intend to have my own fun with the probabilities when I have spare time, which will be Monday night my time. We'll see whether I agree with any of the numbers already posted. I don't think extensive debate about probabilities will be super-helpful, but I at least want to check that nobody's trying to mislead everyone with bad numbers.

I'm going to be semi-VLA tomorrow, because my super-secret new partner and I are spending a day in London doing tourist things. @gkrieg, you and kkrieg would be utterly bewildered at how few things we're planning on cramming into our day.

I'm not sure if I already responded to this, but  :)

I like IDPTG’s amount of scumhunting and think it is sincere. I’d like to vote: Space for not posting anything of substance at all :P

I have to agree with faust that this post is scummy.

I really don't believe this. There is nothing at all similar about us, and I would not be surprised to see a scum team of Space/{Raptor,DatSwan} (or both).

Meh. You don't have to believe it for it to be true. You're the people who're new to me here, which is the major thing you have in common. You're largely unaware of people's personal metas, and we're largely unaware of yours with the exception of the twin/triplet claim stuff. I know most of you have played one other game around here, and I was on the scumteam with Swan in the last game I played in, but I still don't feel like I have a good measure of him.

Anyway, my reads summary back at #340 lumped all three of you together in the less-towny end of my feelings about people. I've said I'm happy enough with a wagon on any of you, so I don't really think that my pointing out that I'm prone to getting confused between you is helping supposed scum buddies. I mainly said it to give town a hand understanding me, and also for help understanding the "twin claim" thing, since the only place I'd come across it before was Swan in the game where we were both scum, and other there, there seemed to be more pressing stuff to discuss. I think without having had it explained, I'd have assumed it would mean that the involved people have similar thought processes or metas, rather than just that they know each other IRL.

I'm not sure if town!Space is so acutely aware of posts they made in the past.  I'll have to think about this one, although I wish I could see their face when I accused them.

So Faust, your top two scum reads are dead, but it seems to not have phased you at all and you say that Dylan’s reads don’t matter?  If I were in your position, I would acknowledge that I have some things to reconsider, but it seems like you are just moving on.

I don't think this is really fair to faust. I wouldn't put much stock into Dylan's reads either and I don't think faust really needs to come out and apologize to everyone. All we can do is "move on".

That wasn't my point.  My point was that most of the time when people lead a mislynch, while pushing another incorrect read, they at least acknowledge it and say they messed up, but that they're moving on.  Faust just starts right out of the gate, and it doesn't look like he has reevaluated at all.  I get that Dylan's reads aren't the most important ones, and that galzria's reads might be "more important", but that doesn't mean that Dylan's reads are completely useless. 

This doesn't come from town!LaLight. 

vote: LaLight

I think people should look more at faust later on.  I'm sad that no one is saying anything about the fact that faust was wrong on the two wagons he pushed D1.  I get that everyone has a right to be wrong, but I think it is townier to acknowledge that you were wrong.  I realize that people definitely disagree with me about this though.  I think the third scum could definitely be Andrew, for reasons that I'll explain eventually when I have time.  Mostly tone, and the content of his posts seems fake to me for some reason.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:02 pm »

I also don't think I've played a game so far where Datswan was this talkative.  I like it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2017, 06:37:31 pm »

Wow, only six posts since my phone-post-from-bed this morning? There I was thinking I might need half an hour to catch up..
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 14, 2017, 06:40:39 pm »

I'm not sure if town!Space is so acutely aware of posts they made in the past.  I'll have to think about this one, although I wish I could see their face when I accused them.

I don't know whether I am usually, but I remembered trying to put together the portmanteau of their names when I didn't feel like I had a big impression of them separately, so I knew it was somewhere, and ctrl-f is a thing :-)

I do feel bad for not having spent longer getting to know everyone as individual players with individual playstyles yet :-(

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »

I think space is town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 15, 2017, 01:31:40 am »

I also don't think I've played a game so far where Datswan was this talkative.  I like it.

Sarcasm? Real question :P Gameplan going into this game was to try and switch it up to see if it was more or less helpful
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 15, 2017, 01:35:08 am »

So trying to find something to speak opinion too but pretty much everything covered at this point.

1) inactive people should share opinions/reads at a minimum (when they have a moment of course).

2) in regards to the "Neighborizor Claim". Since we are not doing anything - is there an order that we should try to establish (does that even matter?). If so, how do we go about that. I get that we want to wait until later in the day to actually do the claim itself, but we should consider the IRL constraints of the weekend. Since the day ends on Sunday, do we maybe want to entertain getting that started prior to Friday/Saturday as I believe would be the accepted norm?
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:01 am »

Skumpy has a lot of stuff in his posts, but I really don't have any idea of what he'll look like when he is scum...

Oh, well, when I'm Skum, my profile pic becomes Overgrown Estate. But seriously, you might not know now (and neither do I really), all I know is you'll know it when you see it. Trust me. My townplay consists of me coming forward and shouting a bunch of random nonsense off no importance whatsoever that is sometimes responded to, and sometimes totally ignored (am I seriously boring all of you that much? ...probably, I know). There is absolutely no chance I could pull a charade like that as skum. It would be so painfully awkward, I'd probably just end up self-voting after like 2 posts because I'd have no confidence whatsoever. I was given credit my first game for doing such a good job at convincing everyone I'm town when I didn't even have to go out of my way, and it led me to believe that when I'm town, everyone will know after just a few posts...

But not this game somehow. Which I don't understand, and is frankly starting to worry me just a tad lot even though my only vote-for this game was an RVS (I'm definitely not paranoid or anything).

Moving on...  :)

Neighborizer stuff: We're moving so slowly at this point that I'm just happy to do anything - my pick is faust. Shouldn't be hard for you to figure out why.

The LaLight situation: If faust was better at flipping coins, I might have a different opinion. As it is...I don't know how likely a replacement is at this point. The fact that I and everybody here is scumreading him concerns me, but at the same time, it might solve a lot of problems both ingame and outgame. Not voting yet because there's time enough to see what'll happen, but I suspect this will ultimately be the kill and it's not something I'm going to fight tooth and nail against. Besides, I think I like D3 most, and 6 vs 3 in the worst case is the point where I think a lot of the POE and deduction can really take shape (I'm saying that now, I probably will end up making myself heard today when it's actually lunchtime (I'm OK with that autocorrect)).

This post is how deathwishes are properly done btw.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 15, 2017, 05:03:13 am »

Well I have things to reconsider. I'm also moving on. I don't see how these two are mutually exclusive. And of course Dylan's reads are less important than Galzria's because Galzria was killed maybe for his reads, and Dylan wasn't. That is not controversial stuff.

I guess my point with that question is that you lead us to one mislynch, and the other person that you were heavily pushing for was also town, yet no one seems to give you any kind of scum points for that, and it looks like you are just chugging along like nothing really happened.
Should I run around telling people that they should scumread me? That doesn't seem productive. I mean I am pleasantly surprised that there's not more suspicion on me, but why should I push it?

I think people should look more at faust later on.  I'm sad that no one is saying anything about the fact that faust was wrong on the two wagons he pushed D1.  I get that everyone has a right to be wrong, but I think it is townier to acknowledge that you were wrong.  I realize that people definitely disagree with me about this though.  I think the third scum could definitely be Andrew, for reasons that I'll explain eventually when I have time.  Mostly tone, and the content of his posts seems fake to me for some reason.
Why is it townier to acknowledge that?

And all in all I wasn't terribly wrong on Galzria. I think it's safe to say that he played a more reserved game due to being a strong PR. A saw a difference and just interpreted it incorrectly.

How exactly did you incorporate Dylan's reads into your play today?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:26 am »

I'd do Andrew as Neighborizer.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2017, 05:08:30 am »

Also I am fully in favor of resolving the LaLight situation via lynch.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:02 am »

Sarcasm? Real question :P Gameplan going into this game was to try and switch it up to see if it was more or less helpful

Not sarcasm.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.