Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130802 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2017, 01:24:06 pm »

Really? Nobody into a DatSwan lynch?

I'll be around for a few more hours but not for deadline.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »

I am not the biggest fan of this lynch, but I'll vote: Dylan for now. We're creeping up on deadline and are massively spread out. My LL vote is useless right now, Raptor/Awaclus don't seem to be happening, and I don't like the Faust wagon.

For those on Andrew: Why should I vote there over Dylan?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2017, 01:37:42 pm »

Wild theory: "bus" was a scumslip from raptor. Scum!faust is busing scum!Dylan because he doesn't think Dylan will actually get lynched and if he does, hey, faust found scum!

I don't believe it

Why

this doesn't happen like this. I don't know. Otherwise Raptor would correct himself up to this point

What, and draw attention to the fact that he said bus? Not convinced.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2017, 01:38:50 pm »

I am not the biggest fan of this lynch, but I'll vote: Dylan for now. We're creeping up on deadline and are massively spread out. My LL vote is useless right now, Raptor/Awaclus don't seem to be happening, and I don't like the Faust wagon.

The upside of a Dylan lynch is that if he's scum, my wild theory is looking pretty good. I'd still rather start with raptor.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:26 pm »

And I agree about not lynching the V/LA person because I think we all have too much integrity to strategically claim V/LA to dodge a lynch, but he's had time to contribute.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2017, 01:50:18 pm »

And I agree about not lynching the V/LA person because I think we all have too much integrity to strategically claim V/LA to dodge a lynch, but he's had time to contribute.
Noone is VLA.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2017, 01:55:29 pm »

Dylan... Disregarding his own "I'm less active as town" comment, I won't lynch on VLA. As Faust notes, he would've  been VLA as town or scum, so you're at best a coin flip here, and one that's weighted town at that. Additionally, because he's been VLA, regardless of what he flips you're getting limited interaction information.
You won't lynch on VLA? Okay, I'm VLA for the rest of the game!

I know you weren't serious, but I wanted to put it out there. And my comment was specifically about Dylan and how he's not V/LA at the moment.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2017, 03:20:46 pm »

Not going to go into the whole Andrew specific thing here... but primary issue I have with the Dylan wagon right now is... the dude is back. Like half the wagon is rolling because of lack of responses. If he is skum I just think he would be more responsive. Not a great argument, but still kind of to be considered.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2017, 03:26:10 pm »

Not going to go into the whole Andrew specific thing here... but primary issue I have with the Dylan wagon right now is... the dude is back. Like half the wagon is rolling because of lack of responses. If he is skum I just think he would be more responsive. Not a great argument, but still kind of to be considered.

If you're not into Dylan or raptor, convince me of why I should vote Andrew.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:43 pm »

And if you're not into Andrew, move your vote. I'd rather not do this at deadline since we have a decent number of people that won't be around.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »

Alright, I'm gone. Good luck with everything.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »

Andrew, what do you think of a raptor lynch? Would you move to Dylan if needed? Why should I vote DatSwan?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 08, 2017, 03:38:15 pm »

Raptor, do you have anything to say in response to my read of you?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 08, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »

If you're not into Dylan or raptor, convince me of why I should vote Andrew.

I am not very good at convincing people of anything on D1, especially because I have such a limited play history with all of you.
My reasons are pretty much
1) Very different from 105, in which he was Town
2) Opening vote, Space vote, and my vote all feel kind of off to me. Kind of just throwing out a vote to throw out a vote.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 08, 2017, 04:02:33 pm »

For DatSwan, obviously it's not happening, and for reasons which I'm still not saying, I'm not voting him Day 1. And I feel the same way about basically everybody that doesn't have a wagon - LaLight, Galzria, Awaclus, 2.7 (and I also do not understand how I am the only person to have voted him).

The upside of a Dylan lynch is that if he's scum, my wild theory is looking pretty good. I'd still rather start with raptor.

Again, this isn't happening. And again, I'm really going back and forth here. On the one hand, it is very similar to 105. But on the other hand, as DatSwan said, he has to know the same shtick isn't going to fly. Best to wait him out and see if he slips with something more telling than the 'bus'. And what do you have against the Andrew lynch?

Firstly: it looks like Dylan will be the lynch. The only other options at this point are faust, and that wagon seems to have exhausted all fuel, and Andrew, which also seems done. My order at this point is Andrew > Dylan > faust, and faust is last just because of previously stated reasons. I remember thinking my first game that no lynch was better than a lynch because we know nothing. Now, I'm much older, and I understand that lynching gives us information and also narrows down the suspect pool, so if I have to switch I probably will ( I say probably because I'm not sure I can do it with faust).

I'm posting during class when I should be paying attention to threading, so I'll get around to your last part in like 2 hours (still time enough, IMO). Short answer (which then became long) is: I like the long post that faust then tore into. Not necessarily because of the contents (and I did agree with you, the VLA defense sounded sketchy, but I didn't feel comfortable with faust calling it a 'supposed' VLA), but because it seemed heartfelt, and reminded me of my heartfelt post. I'm sure Dylan's smarter than me and is more of capable of forging falsities, which is why I'm still willing to lynch him if need be, but it's a point in his favor. As for Andrew, he's different than 105. He was not actively pushing against anybody like he did against you until the very end of the day when he's going for DatSwan, which everybody either disagrees with or doesn't want to bother it. I don't understand the argument that you mix up playstyles. I feel the same way as I did my first game (extremely confident until I start writing and reading back), so I'm doing the same things. Not because I want to, but because it's what's natural. I know I can't put on my chameleon mask and play differently even if I wanted to. Maybe some people here can, I don't think Andrew is one of them.

Other things too which I will get around to looking back for later.

PPE: DatSwan, you did the exact same thing with me...
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 08, 2017, 04:18:56 pm »

Oh, forgot to say

guys, I am sorry for super inactivity compared to my usual play. I got fired and now I am running in huge circles trying to find a job asap, having two interviews tomorrow and making assignments for interviews.

I'm 23, living in Russia, working for some Google analogue of my country and spending too much time on this forum.

Geez. Fuck your Russian Google analogue :)

But seriously, sorry to hear that. Remember, this is just a fun game that features an excessive and discouraging amount of personal attacks on people and their character. If you need to out or stop for a while, we understand, no hard feelings. Best of luck!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 08, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »

Andrew, what do you think of a raptor lynch? Would you move to Dylan if needed? Why should I vote DatSwan?

Raptor I don't feel one way or another about. Yes I'll move to Dylan now that faust isn't coming back and nobody else seems into DatSwan.

Vote: Dylan

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 08, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »

Guys, please. You can't seriously just say "he's not doing exactly the same things he did in the last game where he was town so he must be scum". That's not a valid reason and you'll never see me vote someone for it. If you do, lynch me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #443 on: November 08, 2017, 04:43:29 pm »

Guys, please. You can't seriously just say "he's not doing exactly the same things he did in the last game where he was town so he must be scum". That's not a valid reason and you'll never see me vote someone for it. If you do, lynch me.

We don't need a valid reason though, you need a valid reason why we shouldn't lynch you.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 08, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »

Sorry guys, thought I would have more time for this and I don’t.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:14 pm »

I am here but i am devastated and going to sleep sorry. Quick skimming of the thread showed me nothing changed vote-wise, so i support Dylan lynch
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:57 pm »

Oh, forgot to say

guys, I am sorry for super inactivity compared to my usual play. I got fired and now I am running in huge circles trying to find a job asap, having two interviews tomorrow and making assignments for interviews.

I'm 23, living in Russia, working for some Google analogue of my country and spending too much time on this forum.

Geez. Fuck your Russian Google analogue :)

But seriously, sorry to hear that. Remember, this is just a fun game that features an excessive and discouraging amount of personal attacks on people and their character. If you need to out or stop for a while, we understand, no hard feelings. Best of luck!

The funniest thing is i left that firm for better offer but it was not better so i am returning lol
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:26 pm »

We don't need a valid reason though, you need a valid reason why we shouldn't lynch you.

Um, no? But in any case my valid reason is you don't have a valid reason. The whole devil's advocate thing is really old by the way, and is not helpful whatsoever. But hey, if everybody else can't convince you I guess it's pointless for me to try.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »

Raptor, do you have anything to say in response to my read of you?

Sorry I don’t post more helpful content? All you did was point out that you don’t agree with my posts. Don’t want to blame that on being new. But I guess I’m not also the best at reads. Especially when it comes to D1 and not much to base reads off of.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #449 on: November 08, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »

Um, no?

Um, yes. Try to remove any of the votes people have on you and see how well that works out. In the meantime, I can easily Vote: Andrew without any reason whatsoever.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.