Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 131808 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2017, 03:18:24 am »

Where did I say town!me wouldn't switch votes to get a Lynch through? I think you're misunderstanding something I said.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2017, 03:36:53 am »

By the way @everybody, what should I be making of the fact that Awaclus has gone MIA? That's a lynch I think I'm OK with.
It's not terribly unusual for Awaclus. Prodding him will probably do nothing. That said, I would also be fine with an Awaclus lynch. I do prefer Dylan.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2017, 04:07:14 am »

By the way @everybody, what should I be making of the fact that Awaclus has gone MIA? That's a lynch I think I'm OK with.

You should be making that I have already said everything I want to say for now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2017, 10:11:28 am »

In that case, who else is on your "not-definitely-town" list?

Everyone other than me. But at your end of it I guess Swanraptorpy and maybe e is creeping that way. Dylan, faust and Galz are in middle ground. IDP and LL are at the townier end of things. I can't do anything about reading Awaclus for now, and I want to see more from gkrieg before judging.

I think e is a problem for me because I'm beginning to feel he's maybe a bit scummy, but that usually happens if he's being a town with wildly different ideas than I have.

Sorry, I haven't posted enough for us to disagree on stuff

Hmm.. well I certainly disagree if you think that's the most useful comment you could post about the game at this point.

Most of your posts have been very content-light. How are you not picking up a wagon at this point?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 08, 2017, 10:55:21 am »

I’m okay with switching to awaclus for this.

i should be around(ish) till deadline.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 08, 2017, 11:29:46 am »

I like my LL vote still. Would switch willingly to: Raptor, Awaclus. e read townie early, but has been slipping - I would consider him. Space struggles with D1 in general, but I feel tries harder to be more engaged as scum - which is saying something as they were mostly LA in the only D1 scum game I've seen them in. So town there for now. Faust I've said I believe is town. He's had a few scum things the past few days but would still be a horrible lynch at this point. Swan is obviously trying to be more engaged - I don't particularly see this change in general playstyle coming from scum!Swan immediately following his first scum game - that is, I think he's more likely to make a drastic change in overall style as town. Chairs had scum ticks, Gkrieg town ticks. Probably don't want to lynch there today.

Everybody else I don't really have crazy strong opinions on. Andrew is definitely different than 105, but not nearly enough for me to think he's scum instead of town here.

IDontPlay is more active than 108 for sure - but most of his posts are neutral - nothing really stands out, which is where he was D1 in 108 when lynched.

Dylan... Disregarding his own "I'm less active as town" comment, I won't lynch on VLA. As Faust notes, he would've  been VLA as town or scum, so you're at best a coin flip here, and one that's weighted town at that. Additionally, because he's been VLA, regardless of what he flips you're getting limited interaction information.

Skumpy is my 50/50 read. The self awareness drives my scum radar nuts, but it's very similar to 105 where he was town - so for now, and until I have reason to believe otherwise: town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:08 am »

Maybe finishing reread right now.

Let’s see where vote: DatSwan will get us
Nowhere, probably. Do you think DatSwan is scum?

I think he is acting weird compared to other games is all. Do you think Dylan is scum? I am not opposed to voting for Dylan, but I don't remember a single thing he said

I think at this point, you have to believe that Datswan made up a bunch of townslips, or that he is actually town.  He does the math wrong a ton of times, and I think it would've been talked about in the scum QT about what the probabilities of everything happening was.

Let’s see where vote: DatSwan will get us
Nowhere, probably. Do you think DatSwan is scum?

I think he is acting weird compared to other games is all. Do you think Dylan is scum? I am not opposed to voting for Dylan, but I don't remember a single thing he said
Well he has only two posts, so you did not miss much. None of them contains even a hint of a read. Early on that was sufficient reason to vote already. Now the case is strengthened by LAL.

Isn't this pretty normal for Dylan?  He was town and acted this exact way in the last game I played with him.

Awaclus seems townie to me from his vote for faust.  Faust is seeming less and less townie with his insistent tunneling.

Also, I think faust and galzria are the ones worrying about the deadline too much, which I think is scummy.

I see. I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to read (post and say) less than I have or post and (say less than I have).

FWIW, Dylan did not say anything in the posts that he did have.

Sorry for the confusion. It was meant to be read as the second one.

Andrew hasn't said anything either.
Maybe. But you do acknowledge that my vote for Dylan is just as good as your vote for Andrew?

Is that your acknowledgement that you perceive my vote for Andrew to be just as good as your vote for Dylan? I hold that my vote for Andrew is better than your vote for Dylan. I acknowledge that we're both voting for people who haven't posted any content, however I'm more comfortable voting for the person with more posts.

And of course Awaclus would say that.

PPE: 2

I think I have to agree with IDPTG here.  I think his vote on Andrew is better than faust's vote on Dylan.

unvote

I've had enough there. Moving on to vote: Andrew for managing to post and say less than I have.
Why not Dylan?

Because he hasn't really posted. I've yet to see a lurker lynch go well. What makes you so certain we should follow LAL here?

People who post are consistently scum read far more than those who do not because, as is the case with say, Dylan, there's nothing of value to assign a read to. This is largely advantageous as scum. Further, it's hugely disadvantageous as town because not only are you not creating interactions now and helping to find scum, but in future days the lack of participation can castrate the ability of the town to find scum.

LAL is not always the most likely place to find scum, but it's often the most advantageous place to lynch early in the game - either to catch lurking scum or remove unhelpful (and even hurtful) town.

Scum doesn't get an advantage by lurking, scum gets an advantage by posting a ton until they convince town to vote for someone they want to lynch.

This is demonstrably and historically false in -most- (not all) cases. In most cases scum does enough to not be the target of LAL, while participating enough to make sure they have opinions posted and varied in nature. Most scum tend to fall below average in post count, but not at the bottom. Rarely does scum want to be the leading voice in the game pushing lynches through that they know will be mislynches - and this is especially true D1, when the odds of a lynch falling on town without their extreme help is particularly high anyway.

Further, even if scum is choosing to be a loud voice in the game, they're creating far more interactions than the quieter ones, increasing both the likelihood that they're caught down the line, and increasing the chances we can follow a trail from them back to their partners.

Yes, scum CAN be a top poster and a loud voice D1 - but it's far more likely to come from town, and even if it IS from scum they're generally not the best lynch choice anyway.

With that said, vote: LaLight. Scummiest (imo) of the "middle" posters (LaLight, e, Swan, Skumpy, IDPTG, Chairs).

On the lurker side, I still think Raptor is scummiest - his responses have felt on point identical to me from his last game when he was scum - but I have no basis on which to judge his town play. Dylan could be scum, but there's nothing there to judge by. Andrew could be scum, but I'm withholding judgment for now.

Faust is town. Skumpy is townie, but feels forced (he did last game too, and like Raptor, I have no basis for scum!Skumpy). Everybody else is middling to me.

I will not lynch Faust or Skumpy today. e would probably be my next most "don't want to lynch".

This post is pretty scummy.  Why go for the middle posters, and why is chairs a middle poster?

I think splitting people up based on their activity and choosing that one posting group is overall scummier than another is crazy. I don't think I have different posting habits as scum, and the people you are saying are lurkers here are lurky as town as well, and the people with high post counts have high post counts as scum and town.

up to #203, gotta go again.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 08, 2017, 11:48:51 am »

A reread of Raptor (10 posts):

Post 1/10:
Good evening everybody. For those that don't know, Triplets claim for Raptor, Swan and Me.

That said, vote: Raptor. He cracks easily when scum.

Hello all!

Oh the pressure is unreal...  vote: galzria

OMGUS!RVS vote. Not alignment indicative or really indicative of anything, but I'm including it because it's a post.

Post 2/10:

Is everyone in this game posting the bare minimum?

Request prods on Dylan and Raptor

Yeah I’m here and up to date. I just don’t feel like I have any useful info at this time. I’ll try to contribute more.

Second post of the game and it's in response to a prod request. The game was going pretty slow at that point, but there were 50+ posts since his RVS one and he had nothing to say. This sounds like hiding to me.

Post 3/10:

Well okay, if you don't have reads, just vote Dylan. That way at least you'll do something helpful.

vote: Faust

Please don’t tell me what to do  :)

Voting faust for...no reason at all, really. We hear about it in

Post 4/10

Well okay, if you don't have reads, just vote Dylan. That way at least you'll do something helpful.

Why are you voting Faust for this?

1. I feel like he is trying to sway the vote of an unexperienced player (i.e. myself)
2. As it is not close dead line, why would you want to train someone without much evidence said person is scum
4. As it stands rn, Faust is almost as good of a dylan. At least when it comes to scummy evidence
3. wording seemed rude to me, I don't like being told what to do. So why not vote him.

1- that's kind of the point of posting. We try to show people why a person is scum and therefore why we should lynch them.

2- contradicted by 3 and 4. 3 is a personal reason rather than seeing faust as scummy for it. 4 says faust is as good as Dylan and raptor doesn't want to vote Dylan without much evidence, so this is inconsistent with the faust vote.

Post 5/10

1. I feel like he is trying to sway the vote of an unexperienced player (i.e. myself)
Well I was. So what?

2. As it is not close dead line, why would you want to train someone without much evidence said person is scum
So stuff will happen and we don't stall out with everyone saying "well I don't have anything worthwhile to post".

4. As it stands rn, Faust is almost as good of a dylan. At least when it comes to scummy evidence
What evidence?

3. wording seemed rude to me, I don't like being told what to do. So why not vote him.
Fair enough, but that is not really a game-related reason.

1) to me thats a scummy move
2) I did something, voted you.
4) my point exactly, thanks.
3) its all game related.. because thats what you said in the game.

PPE: 2

To me, this all comes down to 4 contradicting the earlier stance for not voting Dylan because raptor is willing to vote faust without evidence.

Post 6/10

Why are you voting Faust for this?

Are you saying we shouldn't be scumreading inexperienced players?

I don’t think you should tell someone how to vote. Especially without reason.

Not much to say about this as it doesn't really say much.

Post 7/10:

Hey raptor. Any opinions yet?

yes, sorry i will do a full read list later this evening. I apologize for i can't get to it sooner, my weekends are hectic.

Now we have two posts apologizing for lack of content. Still seems like hiding.

Post 8/10:

As promised- Reads

scum pool:
Faust- I stand by my vote for the mean time. Scummy to push for a bus with no reasoning. That said my vote may change by end day.
Galz- he questioned my vote on Fuast and states faust is town w/o reasoning. That said i'm not sure if they are partners. just scummy to me
Skumpy- they are just interesting... Seems to be playing less aggressive then they did in 105.
Datswan- seems to be quite for someone who normally has a lot to say

have not had much interaction with any other players and/or nothing that has caught my attention as scummy.

One of the worst reads lists I've seen. Most of the players are left off the list and next to nothing is said about those on the list. He hasn't given us anything to look at later and there isn't a semi-solid stance on there. More hiding.

Post 9/10:

As promised- Reads

scum pool:
Faust- I stand by my vote for the mean time. Scummy to push for a bus with no reasoning. That said my vote may change by end day.
Galz- he questioned my vote on Fuast and states faust is town w/o reasoning. That said i'm not sure if they are partners. just scummy to me
Skumpy- they are just interesting... Seems to be playing less aggressive then they did in 105.
Datswan- seems to be quite for someone who normally has a lot to say

have not had much interaction with any other players and/or nothing that has caught my attention as scummy.

Can you elaborate on your faust read?

This is mostly the post that I was referring too. I know its not the best evidence, but its good enough for rn.

PPE:1

That's not elaboration. So he's still voting faust without a better reason, which is still inconsistent.

Post 10/10:

Hey Swan and Raptor, could you guys put some personal text or a Shuffle iT username or something onto your account profile so it's easier to search for you?

How are the rest of you doing targeted re-reads on Raptor?

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

Yeah I updated it, sorry.
And like swan said, we all work together. And are close friends irl.

Nothing really relevant.

So why aren't we voting raptor? All he's done is talk without saying anything. His content is non-existent and it seems like he's trying to slide under the radar so to speak.

PPE 4: I'll read them soon, I was busy with quotes.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:37 am »

I’m okay with switching to awaclus for this.

i should be around(ish) till deadline.

Oh look. Raptor posted. And is again willing to vote for a terrible reason.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 08, 2017, 11:59:16 am »

While you're here, could you answer the following question?

@Raptor- what did you mean by the following sentence?
Faust- . . .Scummy to push for a bus with no reasoning.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 08, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »

Dylan... Disregarding his own "I'm less active as town" comment, I won't lynch on VLA. As Faust notes, he would've  been VLA as town or scum, so you're at best a coin flip here, and one that's weighted town at that. Additionally, because he's been VLA, regardless of what he flips you're getting limited interaction information.
You won't lynch on VLA? Okay, I'm VLA for the rest of the game!

Seriously though, you are choosing to ignore the fact that Dylan has posts, and these posts are all scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »

I will be able to check in here for maybe 4 more hours and then I'll be gone. Anyone willing to convince me on another lynch should better do so fast.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 08, 2017, 12:05:21 pm »

by the way, is Dylan still VLA or what? I thought this is over now?

dylan is not VLA at present
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:07:28 pm by schadd »

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 08, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »

I will be able to check in here for maybe 4 more hours and then I'll be gone. Anyone willing to convince me on another lynch should better do so fast.

Why Dylan over Raptor at this point?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:14 pm »

It hasn't been 24 hours yet, hold your horses.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 08, 2017, 12:12:28 pm »

in both this game and fleetwood mac i have the issue where i'm like listening to other music and want to include things from that music and not the flavor one

but like.

carrie and lowell is a really good cd.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2017, 12:12:55 pm »

routine thread maintenance.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 08, 2017, 12:15:06 pm »

Because I think Raptor is not particularly scummy. What you pointed out is annoying, sure, but I actually think he would present better reasoning as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2017, 12:15:42 pm »

Yay for content! You may post more than once every 24 hours, you know.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2017, 12:20:42 pm »

You won't lynch on VLA? Okay, I'm VLA for the rest of the game!

Correct. I believe using VLA like that is against the spirit of the game. I would not play with somebody who does that - and I would hope there would be community consequences for someone who did.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2017, 12:21:44 pm »

Yay for content! You may post more than once every 24 hours, you know.

I'm well aware, but I've read the last 4 pages like three times, and all that stands out to me is your tunnel on me. And it's not that helpful to keep beating that dead horse, so I'm trying to find a reason to vote for someone else, but nothing is sticking out.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 08, 2017, 12:22:02 pm »

Because I think Raptor is not particularly scummy. What you pointed out is annoying, sure, but I actually think he would present better reasoning as scum.

Because he obviously did so in 105, his only other game, where he was scum.

Mafia Record:

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 08, 2017, 12:26:14 pm »

And for what it's worth faust, we were partners in my first scum game. If a scum is ever going to have a hard time making up reads, it would be their first one, right? It would, and yet that wasn't the case for me. I made it to the end of the game and not once did people think I was having a hard time making up reads. Why you might ask? Because for me as scum, I know that I am free to say whatever the heck I want with just a little bit of reasoning and there is no reason my reads have to be right or not. As town, reads need to be right more than they are wrong if town is going to win. So as town I feel more pressure to have stuff that backs up my reads and end up struggling to figure out what to say.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 08, 2017, 12:28:05 pm »

lemme tell ya, when she walks, she waaaalks

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 08, 2017, 12:28:15 pm »

and lemme tell ya, when she talks..
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.