Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130799 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #350 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:59 pm »

Vote count 1.4

AndrewisFTTW (2): SpaceAnemone, Skumpy
LaLight (1): Galzria
Dylan32 (3): faust, LaLight, DatSwan
SpaceAnemone (1): gkrieg13
faust (3): Xxraptorslayer96, Awaclus, Dylan32
IDontPlayThisGame (1): 2.71828...
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): IDontPlayThisGame
DatSwan (1): AndrewisFTTW

not voting (0):

with 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. day 1 ends wednesday, november 8th at 21:00 forum time, in just under a day.

mod notes
  • again note the deadline extension and that the day phase has in fact not ended
mod quotes
Not sure what to make of this, almost feels like they have more information than the rest of us, like this was planned beforehand (although knowing who this is coming from, this is just about as likely to just be normal for them.)

Haha :-) I do have an exciting secret, though it's nothing alignment-relevant. Just something awesome I haven't told LL about yet. Or most of the rest of the world. Well, Haddock knows.

I was going to say that it's nothing game-relevant, but actually it does kind of cut down on my available playing time.

Anyway, life is good ;-)

oo!
I should add that it's nothing directly to do with Haddock! It's just that he's met the person it does involve two or three times, and it's not a secret from games people :-P

SPACE IS ADOPTING HADDOCK EVERYONE TELL THE PRESS
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:22:01 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »

ha. i took this pagetop from e but gave him the last one
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2017, 12:01:59 am »

Vote: Datswan

He seems a little careful to me and a little too accommodating to me.

I’m sorry for being thoughtful and helpful :P

I don't think you're being thoughtful or helpful. I don't think you're not being thoughtful or helpful either. And that wouldn't mean you shouldn't be lynched anyways.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2017, 12:48:15 am »

Yes I recognize how confusing that last post was. Whatever.

Oh and DAMA!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:38 am »

Vote: Datswan

He seems a little careful to me and a little too accommodating to me.

I’m sorry for being thoughtful and helpful :P

I don't think you're being thoughtful or helpful. I don't think you're not being thoughtful or helpful either. And that wouldn't mean you shouldn't be lynched anyways.

Fair enough. I mean I don't agree, but still you are entitled to your opinion.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2017, 01:39:29 am »

Hey Swan and Raptor, could you guys put some personal text or a Shuffle iT username or something onto your account profile so it's easier to search for you?

How are the rest of you doing targeted re-reads on Raptor?

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

Yeah I updated it, sorry.
And like swan said, we all work together. And are close friends irl.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 08, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

OK so with the deadline move, if we play down to the wire I will be at work. I will still have limited access, but all the same here is this FWIW:

Towny:
XXR
Galz
Skumpy

Null/Towny:
Faust
GK

Null/Skummy:
Awaclus
Dylan
Space

Skummy:
Andrew
IDPTG
LL
E!

And, with those re considerations, plus I just don't see me coming off as skummy right now so I kind of don't get it - vote:Andrew
I don't want it to come off as OMGUS, even though I know it will. I just believe a Town!Andrew vote at this point on someone more likely to be lynched. Vote for me just feels off. I don't really like the Dylan lynch anymore either.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 08, 2017, 01:45:23 am »

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.
Historically, a twin claim means that someone reveals that two people know each other IRL. (they do not actually need to be twins; maybe the first f.ds twinclaim was Robz and mcmc, but I'm not sure) So like, you and LaLight and me could have a twin claim, even if it's kinda weird as we only know each other through the forum. I think it was considered polite to announce that back in the old days. It seems less relevant now that some people have played dozens of games together, so they're bound to know each other quite well even if they're not acquainted IRL.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2017, 01:56:10 am »

What exactly have I done that was scummy?
What exactly have you done that was not scummy?

I literally was absent for the first week of the game... (sorry again) I had the first post of the game, answered a question before I realized the answer had already been given, then forgot to post a VLA... That's not scummy, it's just nothing.
It matters what you didn't do that you could have done. You decided to go for theory talk instead of sharing reads. Since early reads are the most difficult for scum, that is scummy right there. Also for some reason you ignored you last post, which is the main reason for me still finding you scummy.

First of all, compare every town game to every scum game of mine, and I have been significantly more likely to be less active or go stretches without posting as town than as scum. I pay tend to be more engaged because I enjoy the challenge of being scum. I'm trying to bring my town game up to that level, but clearly haven't yet.
So have you been VLA or have you been less active because you're town? Because if it's the former, and you use in your defense, that's highly disingenuous.

Call it whatever you want, but Vote: faust.
I call it "conveniently using OMGUS to jump on a mislynch wagon".

I don't always get scummy vibes from people who push for my lynch. In fact I have actually given town points depending on how it was done before. But this feels incredibly similar to times my lynch has been pushed by scum. Example includes the way scum!Awaclus pushed me in British Bonkers, and scum!LL in M94. M96 is an example of me getting lynched as town due to inactivity.
How is it similar? I am not Awaclus nor LaLight; what makes you think I would do the same as them as scum?

Read any red game in my sig for an example of me doing more (or at least enough to not really be suspicious for posting level.) I think my scum game with Andrew I did have one stretch where I got super busy irl, but other than that, yeah, those games should back me up if memory serves.

PPE 5 due to looking up game numbers
More using your supposed VLA as a defense.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2017, 02:24:05 am »

I was 'not wanting to lynch Dylan' before. One Dylan post later and I'm 'really not wanting to lynch Dylan' now.
I get his faust vote
How do you get his vote on me? Have you read M94 and M96, the games he references as the reason for his vote? If yes, could you point out some of the similarities between me and Awaclus/LaLight in those games? If not, how can you possibly get a vote that is founded in games that you know nothing about?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2017, 02:26:40 am »

OK so with the deadline move, if we play down to the wire I will be at work. I will still have limited access, but all the same here is this FWIW:

Towny:
XXR
Galz
Skumpy
I remember your positions on XXR and Skumpy, but can you remind me why you think Galzria is town?

I don't really like the Dylan lynch anymore either.
Why not?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2017, 02:27:26 am »

I guess I do ask more questions as town. Need to fix that.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2017, 02:31:24 am »

You think if I was town I'd have my vote on someone "more likely to be lynched? First of all I have no idea where you would get that from, that just sounds like someone you made up as an excuse to vote for me because it could be an easy mislynch. But anyway, just because it looks like someone might be lynched right now doesn't mean the picture will be the same tomorrow. Things can change real quick.

Come on people. Vote Datswan!

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 08, 2017, 02:34:14 am »

I was 'not wanting to lynch Dylan' before. One Dylan post later and I'm 'really not wanting to lynch Dylan' now.
I get his faust vote
How do you get his vote on me? Have you read M94 and M96, the games he references as the reason for his vote? If yes, could you point out some of the similarities between me and Awaclus/LaLight in those games? If not, how can you possibly get a vote that is founded in games that you know nothing about?

It's the 'Not' scenario. I'm not basing the 'I get it' off his specific instances, it's off how I agree that scum wouldn't push hard to get a mislynch because it's an obvious tell, which is why it's a genius play from a clever scum. Sure, you're not Awaclus or Lalight, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't do a similar thing. You're smart.

And also:
Read any red game in my sig for an example of me doing more (or at least enough to not really be suspicious for posting level.) I think my scum game with Andrew I did have one stretch where I got super busy irl, but other than that, yeah, those games should back me up if memory serves.

...are you really going to go there? He literally wasn't on the forums for 3 days.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2017, 02:42:15 am »

You think if I was town I'd have my vote on someone "more likely to be lynched? First of all I have no idea where you would get that from, that just sounds like someone you made up as an excuse to vote for me because it could be an easy mislynch. But anyway, just because it looks like someone might be lynched right now doesn't mean the picture will be the same tomorrow. Things can change real quick.

After your “please let me live to D2” bit... yeah i do.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2017, 02:45:30 am »

And also:

...are you really going to go there? He literally wasn't on the forums for 3 days.
You are getting this wrong. I am not the one going there, he is. He says he's town because he's not active. But then he also says he's VLA, which would mean he's inactive as either alignment. So how can he be town for that? It doesn't make sense. I don't want to imply that the VLA wasn't real, but if it was real, the Dylan cannot argue that he's town because he's less active.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2017, 02:46:50 am »

Like I said, deadline is tomorrow and if I need to move my vote tomorrow to get a lynch through I'll do so. But it's not too late to start a new wagon, which is the assumption your argument is based on

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2017, 02:47:36 am »

I get his faust vote

It's the 'Not' scenario. I'm not basing the 'I get it' off his specific instances, it's off how I agree that scum wouldn't push hard to get a mislynch because it's an obvious tell, which is why it's a genius play from a clever scum. Sure, you're not Awaclus or Lalight, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't do a similar thing. You're smart.
Well thanks. But do you have any reason to think that I would not push this hard as town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2017, 02:48:12 am »

Meh. DatSwan is town. How about you vote Dylan?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2017, 02:52:39 am »

Like I said, deadline is tomorrow and if I need to move my vote tomorrow to get a lynch through I'll do so. But it's not too late to start a new wagon, which is the assumption your argument is based on

I’m confused... didn’t you just say Town you -wouldn’t- switch votes just bc someone is more likely to be lynched? Why would the same person feel the need to point out they will “switch their vote just to get a lynch lynch through”?
real good. That’s how

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2017, 02:55:03 am »

Yeah maybe. Do you have any specific reasons for your townread on DatSwan?

I’m confused... didn’t you just say Town you -wouldn’t- switch votes just bc someone is more likely to be lynched? Why would the same person feel the need to point out they will “switch their vote just to get a lynch lynch through”?

Where did I say I wouldn't switch votes? I just said we have time to start a new wagon and so just because someone has a large wagon them not doesn't they will at deadline so I don't feel the need to switch my vote at this moment.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2017, 02:56:16 am »

Sorry I meant "just because someone has a large wagon on them now doesn't mean they will at deadline".

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 08, 2017, 03:01:07 am »

I’m just not seeing it anymore right now. He’s back and talking and 99% of the reason i was boring for him was bc he was MIA.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 08, 2017, 03:10:10 am »

Yeah maybe. Do you have any specific reasons for your townread on DatSwan?

Where did I say I wouldn't switch votes? I just said we have time to start a new wagon and so just because someone has a large wagon them not doesn't they will at deadline so I don't feel the need to switch my vote at this moment.

Dylan read- i feel like an skum that comes back after so long would diversify post content and/or go after someone other then their tunneler to take off heat. Not saying town read just saying further up my list.

Switch votes- i feel like we are mid understanding one and other on this one. My point was i found it odd that you voted for me with the note of not having an issue of switching your vote to get a lynch through after saying town you wouldn’t just wagon on someone to make a lynch happen.
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 08, 2017, 03:16:48 am »

I get his faust vote

Well thanks. But do you have any reason to think that I would not push this hard as town?

Not at all, which is part of the reason I'm not voting you. "I get it" does not equal "yeah, let's vote for faust".

The main part, as I have said before, is I'm going to feel like an absolute jerkwad if I mislynch you day 1 after I nearly singlehandedly got you mislynched in my one and only time playing (I hope you're all getting tired of this). And the fact that I don't want to lynch you + superstition is real = you're probably scum. Honestly, there's so much going for you and against you (like my last time) that I'm just going to put off trying to read you for another day, and hope something occurs in the meantime that will give me a better feel.

By the way @everybody, what should I be making of the fact that Awaclus has gone MIA? That's a lynch I think I'm OK with.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.