Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 132017 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »

So, deadline is what, 5 hours away? There was talk about an extension, is that still happening? Otherwise this is the last from me, and let's hope things go increbily well.

I'm looking at how I could change my vote, but not really. I don't like the other wagons except Space, and Space only is at two votes because they have an old chairs vote on them that will probably not hold up. So let's just lynch Dylan, yeah? Still scummy, still done nothing, and I'll be very happy to see anti-town people removed no matter the alignment.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 07, 2017, 04:01:53 pm »

Deadline is on Wednesday.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:11 pm »

So, deadline is what, 5 hours away? There was talk about an extension, is that still happening? Otherwise this is the last from me, and let's hope things go increbily well.

I'm looking at how I could change my vote, but not really. I don't like the other wagons except Space, and Space only is at two votes because they have an old chairs vote on them that will probably not hold up. So let's just lynch Dylan, yeah? Still scummy, still done nothing, and I'll be very happy to see anti-town people removed no matter the alignment.

I'm pretty sure an extension has already been given.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2017, 04:04:20 pm »

Well okay. Still we need to get things going somehow.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »

Well okay. Still we need to get things going somehow.

I'll do the second half of my reread and vote hopefully soon (kinda busy at work right now).

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2017, 04:11:29 pm »

So I guess people are voting for me because I'm not being an asshole or something? Well it's not for me to decide whether I'm an asshole or not so I can't really debate that. But I can say that just because you look at two games and see that I'm playing different doesn't really mean that I'm town in one and scum in the other. So I think it's a pretty poor reasoning for a lynch. Besides, I died N1 in my last game and I already asked not to be killed in the first day/night this game! That really isn't any fun!

I have a (user)name.

It's my second game. Stop expecting some masterful argument from me where I give you some amazing breakdown of your play to figure you out in(in MVL when they were town they said 'can I' , but in MC when they were scum they said 'may I'!). I have a sample size of 1 game, and I'm too lazy to comb through your past games. You have played differently, and that is the best information I have. How else should I be deciding? A D12?

At this point I would be most OK with lynching someone who I've played with before for more than a couple of days, both because I have a better read of them and because I'm hesitant to anger someone who I've never played with before (which I have violated a bit so far, but let's forget about that). And of the {you, DatSwan, Raptor, Faust, Galzria}, you're my top pick for a lynch (only by a little over Raptor, but still). I am not dead stuck on you, I am very much open to at least considering other options at this point for any of the other 11 if you or anybody else can give me a good reason. But it's still day 1. And I don't think I or anyone else is capable of saying something really persuasive. This is all just a total crapshoot, and my dice are flipping 13 for you.

To quickly hit your last point, in my first game, you were not lynched and were never in danger of it after the first day, a day in which you were my biggest townread, so I personally can't relate to that sentiment. Sorry :-\
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2017, 05:16:07 pm »

Can’t bwleive I’m saying it.... but I agree with Faust.
This actually makes me like the Andrew wagon a lot more then i did before.
Why?

Makes me think it could be skum buddy protection lowering  wagon count prior to the inevitable last minute piles that will soon ensue.
So, want to lynch Idplay? I mean this is stronger evidence on him than it is on Andrew.

Fair enough. I could go for that but doubt we gain much support.
vote: dylan seems like a better plan for the time being. Def could change on that but for now seems like a fine choice.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (now's the time, the time is now!)
« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »

Not sure what to make of this, almost feels like they have more information than the rest of us, like this was planned beforehand (although knowing who this is coming from, this is just about as likely to just be normal for them.)

Haha :-) I do have an exciting secret, though it's nothing alignment-relevant. Just something awesome I haven't told LL about yet. Or most of the rest of the world. Well, Haddock knows.

I was going to say that it's nothing game-relevant, but actually it does kind of cut down on my available playing time.

Anyway, life is good ;-)

oo!

Now I am burning with curiosity but asking you via other means of communication will be clearly game-related, is that your plan? :)
Ingenious!

Do we still have a Berlin-group Telegram where I can gossip about non-game-related personal circumstances maybe?

Actually, I'm too busy tonight to do gossip and do any reasonable thinking about the game... I have approximately till my mystery secret person has finished the washing up, then we're going to bed. Luckily we had sushi'n'Trek night with a couple of friends, so the washing up pile is pretty big :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »

1) I don't think scum!faust gets so hung up on lynching totally absent me D1, unless he thinks I'm a skeptical enough person that I would be maybe kind of hard to manipulate later in the game or something. Either way, there are probably other people that he would want to try to get lynched before me as scum. So I guess I'll call faust town for now.

Though if you're both scum, I can totally see him pushing the bus in exactly this sort of way. And his suspicion of me this game seems a bit unfounded, so I'm getting more and more worried about the possibility of scum!faust.

@Space: Thanks for the comment about enjoying my usual playstyle. The feeling is mutual.

Thank you :-) Don't think I won't vote for you if you're not more pro-town from now on, though :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 07, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »

Vote: Datswan

He seems a little careful to me and a little too accommodating to me.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:14 pm »

So I guess people are voting for me because I'm not being an asshole or something? Well it's not for me to decide whether I'm an asshole or not so I can't really debate that. But I can say that just because you look at two games and see that I'm playing different doesn't really mean that I'm town in one and scum in the other. So I think it's a pretty poor reasoning for a lynch. Besides, I died N1 in my last game and I already asked not to be killed in the first day/night this game! That really isn't any fun!

If it helps at all, I'm not voting for you for being not-an-asshole :-) I'm voting for you for being not a definitely-not-an-asshole and also more not-definitely-town than most for the moment.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:36 pm »

I edited that sentence but not enough to make it not sound weird. Sorry.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:00 pm »

If it helps at all, I'm not voting for you for being not-an-asshole :-) I'm voting for you for being not a definitely-not-an-asshole and also more not-definitely-town than most for the moment.

In that case, who else is on your "not-definitely-town" list?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »

Hey Swan and Raptor, could you guys put some personal text or a Shuffle iT username or something onto your account profile so it's easier to search for you?

How are the rest of you doing targeted re-reads on Raptor?

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 07, 2017, 06:30:06 pm »

(not that I particularly like the Andrew wagon, but at least it's a wagon)

If this is what you have to say about the wagon but hold that I should have stayed on it, why aren't you on it?

I just viewed his posts off his profile page.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 07, 2017, 06:33:24 pm »

Everyone other than me. But at your end of it I guess Swanraptorpy and maybe e is creeping that way. Dylan, faust and Galz are in middle ground. IDP and LL are at the townier end of things. I can't do anything about reading Awaclus for now, and I want to see more from gkrieg before judging.

I think e is a problem for me because I'm beginning to feel he's maybe a bit scummy, but that usually happens if he's being a town with wildly different ideas than I have.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 07, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »

I just viewed his posts off his profile page.

I'd quite forgotten that that was a thing. Thank you :-)

And yes, I'd quite happily vote Raptor after seeing the sum total of his posts in this game to date. Though I'm staying on my current wagon for the moment.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 07, 2017, 06:39:24 pm »

Deadline is 9pm forum time tomorrow. That's quite late here (like 2am), so I'm very unlikely to be able to stay up till the deadline itself, but I should be online on and off from around 15.30 forum time when I'm home and fed, up till bedtime.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:58 pm »

1) I don't think scum!faust gets so hung up on lynching totally absent me D1, unless he thinks I'm a skeptical enough person that I would be maybe kind of hard to manipulate later in the game or something. Either way, there are probably other people that he would want to try to get lynched before me as scum. So I guess I'll call faust town for now.

Though if you're both scum, I can totally see him pushing the bus in exactly this sort of way. And his suspicion of me this game seems a bit unfounded, so I'm getting more and more worried about the possibility of scum!faust.

@Space: Thanks for the comment about enjoying my usual playstyle. The feeling is mutual.

Thank you :-) Don't think I won't vote for you if you're not more pro-town from now on, though :-P

That's fair. Frankly I would expect nothing less :p

Re: faust.
What exactly have I done that was scummy? I literally was absent for the first week of the game... (sorry again) I had the first post of the game, answered a question before I realized the answer had already been given, then forgot to post a VLA... That's not scummy, it's just nothing. First of all, compare every town game to every scum game of mine, and I have been significantly more likely to be less active or go stretches without posting as town than as scum. I pay tend to be more engaged because I enjoy the challenge of being scum. I'm trying to bring my town game up to that level, but clearly haven't yet.

Call it whatever you want, but Vote: faust. I don't always get scummy vibes from people who push for my lynch. In fact I have actually given town points depending on how it was done before. But this feels incredibly similar to times my lynch has been pushed by scum. Example includes the way scum!Awaclus pushed me in British Bonkers, and scum!LL in M94. M96 is an example of me getting lynched as town due to inactivity. Read any red game in my sig for an example of me doing more (or at least enough to not really be suspicious for posting level.) I think my scum game with Andrew I did have one stretch where I got super busy irl, but other than that, yeah, those games should back me up if memory serves.

PPE 5 due to looking up game numbers
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2017, 07:07:08 pm »

Hey Swan and Raptor, could you guys put some personal text or a Shuffle iT username or something onto your account profile so it's easier to search for you?

Also, in my head I'm getting really quite mixed up between Skumpy and Raptor, and also Swan a bit, because they're all quite new to me, and also some of them have the Galz "twin claim" thing. I still haven't quite understood what a twin claim actually means.

Sorry didn’t know that was a thing. There you go.
Also - twin claim in our case is Galz me and Raptor all work together.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »

Vote: Datswan

He seems a little careful to me and a little too accommodating to me.

I’m sorry for being thoughtful and helpful :P
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:51 pm »

I'm biased of course, but I don't know how you mix me up with Raptor. Or me with anybody for that matter. Then again, I'm starting to get totally lost between everybody and all their reads. Votecount please? And I know nobody past their bleak lifeless profiles, so I claim no twins.

I was 'not wanting to lynch Dylan' before. One Dylan post later and I'm 'really not wanting to lynch Dylan' now.
I get his faust vote and I know he's going to be scum this game, but I'm not voting there because I don't want to risk being wrong. Yet.

So town is split like dead even on Andrew, Dylan, Faust, Space, Galzria,....pretty much everybody (except me  :D). I'm staying on Andrew for now, it still bothers me that that wagon has never managed to build up much, but I have a very flexible vote. I don't see Andrew getting lynched, so we'll see where the wandering wind takes me.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:45 pm »

Which reminds me: am I allowed to ask what you guys do for a living that lets you be up at 2 in the morning and has you working weekends? Or is that too personal?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2017, 07:31:05 pm »

Which reminds me: am I allowed to ask what you guys do for a living that lets you be up at 2 in the morning and has you working weekends? Or is that too personal?

Haha nah it’s good.
We run a few swim schools.
Weekends because we all coach.
.... can’t really explain the 2am but...
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »

Everyone other than me. But at your end of it I guess Swanraptorpy and maybe e is creeping that way. Dylan, faust and Galz are in middle ground. IDP and LL are at the townier end of things. I can't do anything about reading Awaclus for now, and I want to see more from gkrieg before judging.

I think e is a problem for me because I'm beginning to feel he's maybe a bit scummy, but that usually happens if he's being a town with wildly different ideas than I have.

Sorry, I haven't posted enough for us to disagree on stuff
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.