Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130888 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2017, 10:31:30 pm »

Hm. I haven't been prodded yet? Flying under the radar for sure. But actually, sorry I haven't spent more time here. I was supposed to be away on a business trip the next week (lots of free time) but now I am staying home (yay! But less free time to mafia)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:07 pm »

lynching IDPTG isn't cool anymore? That's no good
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (now's the time, the time is now!)
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2017, 11:38:04 pm »

galzria has some really townie stuff.  Asking good questions, and it honestly feels like he is scum hunting.
Really? Where? Why is this the only thing without quotes?

Is this because of the people involved, or the fact that three people in a row called skumpy town?
Mostly the former, but I might have reached a different conclusion with other people involved.

137 and 139. Not sure why they didn’t get quotes, probably because I didn’t want big quotes in there arbitrarily.

So why state it that way instead of just saying once again that you scum read two people?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »

Ah... it was my polite way of trying to avoid saying that I tend to find him a bit abrasive, and that therefore I'm likely to give him less benefit of the doubt than most others when it comes to picking who to vote for.

Have I been abrasive this game?

Yeah, a little. There are a few snippy/sarcastic retorts or verging-on-mean comments (#126, #198, #200). It's nothing outside of what people generally accept on this forum, but it's still less pleasant to read than a more neutral or friendly tone.

Yeah well sometimes I'm a little sarcastic. But sometimes you misconstrue things. I'm just here to have fun (and scumhunt) so sometimes I joke around a little bit and maybe even poke fun at people sometimes. Don't take me too seriously.

These are the posts I was talking about mainly. I’m not saying it is a bad thing, just noting that your tone seemed different from other games I have played with you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:02 pm »

@Raptor- what did you mean by the following sentence?
Faust- . . .Scummy to push for a bus with no reasoning.

This also reads townie to me.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2017, 11:47:27 pm »

Ah... it was my polite way of trying to avoid saying that I tend to find him a bit abrasive, and that therefore I'm likely to give him less benefit of the doubt than most others when it comes to picking who to vote for.

Have I been abrasive this game?

Yeah, a little. There are a few snippy/sarcastic retorts or verging-on-mean comments (#126, #198, #200). It's nothing outside of what people generally accept on this forum, but it's still less pleasant to read than a more neutral or friendly tone.

Yeah well sometimes I'm a little sarcastic. But sometimes you misconstrue things. I'm just here to have fun (and scumhunt) so sometimes I joke around a little bit and maybe even poke fun at people sometimes. Don't take me too seriously.

These are the posts I was talking about mainly. I’m not saying it is a bad thing, just noting that your tone seemed different from other games I have played with you.

Huh? These posts are after when you said I was negative.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2017, 11:48:45 pm »

Hm. I haven't been prodded yet? Flying under the radar for sure.

Hectic couple of days for me too, sorry. I'll try to contribute later on in a couple hours (not try as in I might post or I might not, try as in hope I make a good decision).
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2017, 12:47:56 am »

So: Wagons on Andrew, LaLight and me are bad, wagons on Space and Dylan are good. e, Skumpy and Andrew should consider some wagoning. We really want time to claim here.

What is it we need time to claim today?
Roles at L-1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:11 am »

galzria has some really townie stuff.  Asking good questions, and it honestly feels like he is scum hunting.
Really? Where? Why is this the only thing without quotes?

Is this because of the people involved, or the fact that three people in a row called skumpy town?
Mostly the former, but I might have reached a different conclusion with other people involved.

137 and 139. Not sure why they didn’t get quotes, probably because I didn’t want big quotes in there arbitrarily.

So why state it that way instead of just saying once again that you scum read two people?
Oops, sorry, I got it the wrong way around :( I meant to say mosty that they all called Skumpy town.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2017, 03:49:47 am »

I hate Day 1's.

Did a big read-through where I went back to square 1, and discovered that I have an idea for the wishy-washy stuff scum would say on D1 (looking at the Andrews, 2.7's, and LaLight's of the world) then immediately decide that scum will do the exact opposite (looking at the fausts and IDPTG's of the world and the Spaces of the not-world. Also, congrats to Space on the thing!). I know you all love it when I spam the self-deprecation, but I feel compelled to put it out there.

New top pick at this point is Vote: Andrew.  There's been a wagon on him pretty consistently all day, and while I would expect myself to be afraid of it, it actually hasn't built up much at all. That, and it's not the same self-assuredness I'd expect from him and he's not as abrasive. When I said before that the day feels different because of the non-Faust/Galzria feud, what I was also thinking without saying out loud/on-forum was that at the very least, something is different in the overall interactions, or in other words, there was a townie from 105 who is not townie here, so I could've thrown Andrew into that pair as well for being responsible for the differences.

(Btw, I don't take offense at all to the #126 and #198, I actually do appreciate the honesty a lot. It takes a lot to rattle me, though I did find #64 to be a beautifully profound post).

On my past XX accusation: after DatSwan's defense, uh, I'm putting this on the backburner. Swan had good points, but at the same time, XX's posts still ring a bell or thirty-nine of familiarity. Next picks would be Lalight and 2.7 for now.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:00 am »

But what do I know?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2017, 05:46:00 am »

Not sure what to make of this, almost feels like they have more information than the rest of us, like this was planned beforehand (although knowing who this is coming from, this is just about as likely to just be normal for them.)

Haha :-) I do have an exciting secret, though it's nothing alignment-relevant. Just something awesome I haven't told LL about yet. Or most of the rest of the world. Well, Haddock knows.

I was going to say that it's nothing game-relevant, but actually it does kind of cut down on my available playing time.

Anyway, life is good ;-)

oo!

Now I am burning with curiosity but asking you via other means of communication will be clearly game-related, is that your plan? :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2017, 06:00:11 am »

Not sure what to make of this, almost feels like they have more information than the rest of us, like this was planned beforehand (although knowing who this is coming from, this is just about as likely to just be normal for them.)

Haha :-) I do have an exciting secret, though it's nothing alignment-relevant. Just something awesome I haven't told LL about yet. Or most of the rest of the world. Well, Haddock knows.

I was going to say that it's nothing game-relevant, but actually it does kind of cut down on my available playing time.

Anyway, life is good ;-)

oo!

Now I am burning with curiosity but asking you via other means of communication will be clearly game-related, is that your plan? :)
Ingenious!

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2017, 12:30:49 pm »

vote: Raptor

I don't like his responses and lack thereof.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2017, 01:01:30 pm »

That's super unhelpful. What compels you to leave the largest wagon we currently have?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2017, 01:02:23 pm »

(not that I particularly like the Andrew wagon, but at least it's a wagon)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »

Can’t bwleive I’m saying it.... but I agree with Faust.
This actually makes me like the Andrew wagon a lot more then i did before.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »

For clarification - Two separate points.
1) agree with the fact switching to XXR probably not well timed
2) bailing on the Andrew wagon for raptor seems suspicious to me
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »

Why?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2017, 02:29:14 pm »

That's super unhelpful. What compels you to leave the largest wagon we currently have?

I'd rather vote where I think scum is than on a wagon for the sake of wagoning. Besides, it was what, three votes?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2017, 02:46:22 pm »

So I guess people are voting for me because I'm not being an asshole or something? Well it's not for me to decide whether I'm an asshole or not so I can't really debate that. But I can say that just because you look at two games and see that I'm playing different doesn't really mean that I'm town in one and scum in the other. So I think it's a pretty poor reasoning for a lynch. Besides, I died N1 in my last game and I already asked not to be killed in the first day/night this game! That really isn't any fun!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

So I guess people are voting for me because I'm not being an asshole or something? Well it's not for me to decide whether I'm an asshole or not so I can't really debate that. But I can say that just because you look at two games and see that I'm playing different doesn't really mean that I'm town in one and scum in the other. So I think it's a pretty poor reasoning for a lynch. Besides, I died N1 in my last game and I already asked not to be killed in the first day/night this game! That really isn't any fun!

So are you saying that meta arguments don't work with you?  What would cause the change in playstyle?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:20 pm »

So are you saying that meta arguments don't work with you?  What would cause the change in playstyle?

No I'm not saying meta arguments don't work and I'm not saying they don't work with me. I'm saying (1) two games is a very small sample size, (2) sometimes I feel like approaching a game a different way regardless of alignment and I'm sure other people do the same, (3) every game is different with different people, different situations, etc. so why does everyone expect everyone else to play the same way every game? (Bonus points!) Has anyone bothered to see how I play as scum and compared it to today? Because it seems like everyone thinks the understand how I play town but they don't refer to any supposed scum tells. No I don't think it's really necessary to go through all that (especially on D1) but hey, something to think about right?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »

Why?

Makes me think it could be skum buddy protection lowering  wagon count prior to the inevitable last minute piles that will soon ensue.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:44 pm »

Why?

Makes me think it could be skum buddy protection lowering  wagon count prior to the inevitable last minute piles that will soon ensue.
So, want to lynch Idplay? I mean this is stronger evidence on him than it is on Andrew.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.