Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M110: led zeppelin mafia (guess i'll keep on ramblin)  (Read 130834 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M110: led zeppelin mafia (day 1 !)
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2017, 11:44:28 am »

I'd lynch faust or Galzria for the time being.
I mean, if you want tomorrow to go even slower, sure, be my guest.

Let me rephrase: I'd lynch faust for the time being.

Vote: faust
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2017, 11:48:52 am »

unvote

I've had enough there. Moving on to vote: Andrew for managing to post and say less than I have.
Why not Dylan?

Because he hasn't really posted. I've yet to see a lurker lynch go well. What makes you so certain we should follow LAL here?
Let's be clear: You are voting for Andrew because he's posting very little and doesn't have content, but you don't want to do a lurker lynch...?

I'm voting Andrew for posting and not saying anything. I'm not voting Dylan for not posting and not saying anything.

Also, let's clarify this: to me, a lurker is someone who doesn't post. For now, Andrew's posted enough for me not to place him in that category.

PPE: 1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2017, 11:58:00 am »

why not Galzria?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »

why not Galzria?

Because Galzria didn't reply to my post with "I mean, if you want tomorrow to go even slower, sure, be my guest".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:31 pm »

why not Galzria?

Because Galzria didn't reply to my post with "I mean, if you want tomorrow to go even slower, sure, be my guest".

Do you believe scum responds with "I mean, if you want tomorrow to go even slower, sure, be my guest"?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2017, 12:08:12 pm »

Why are we already talking about lurker lynches? The game just started like a couple of days ago, there should be enough time to get a lynch that doesn't suck.

Because the game started on Tuesday. It's now been three days, and we're headed into the weekend - a time that is consistently the slowest for online forum mafia games. When we return on Monday, the deadline will be a day away.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »

why not Galzria?

Do you believe scum responds with "I mean, if you want tomorrow to go even slower, sure, be my guest"?

Apparently.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2017, 12:13:59 pm »

unvote

I've had enough there. Moving on to vote: Andrew for managing to post and say less than I have.
Why not Dylan?

Because he hasn't really posted. I've yet to see a lurker lynch go well. What makes you so certain we should follow LAL here?

People who post are consistently scum read far more than those who do not because, as is the case with say, Dylan, there's nothing of value to assign a read to. This is largely advantageous as scum. Further, it's hugely disadvantageous as town because not only are you not creating interactions now and helping to find scum, but in future days the lack of participation can castrate the ability of the town to find scum.

LAL is not always the most likely place to find scum, but it's often the most advantageous place to lynch early in the game - either to catch lurking scum or remove unhelpful (and even hurtful) town.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2017, 12:16:19 pm »

DatSwan and I leave for a conference tomorrow. We will be there until late Tuesday and will have limited access. I'll post in the V/LA thread as well.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2017, 01:03:23 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

Let's be clear: You are voting for Andrew because he's posting very little and doesn't have content, but you don't want to do a lurker lynch...?

I'm voting Andrew for posting and not saying anything. I'm not voting Dylan for not posting and not saying anything.

Also, let's clarify this: to me, a lurker is someone who doesn't post. For now, Andrew's posted enough for me not to place him in that category.

PPE: 1
I see. I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to read (post and say) less than I have or post and (say less than I have).

FWIW, Dylan did not say anything in the posts that he did have.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2017, 01:04:12 pm »

why not Galzria?

Why do you continue to ask questions you already seem to know the answers to?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2017, 01:21:43 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

People who post are consistently scum read far more than those who do not because, as is the case with say, Dylan, there's nothing of value to assign a read to. This is largely advantageous as scum. Further, it's hugely disadvantageous as town because not only are you not creating interactions now and helping to find scum, but in future days the lack of participation can castrate the ability of the town to find scum.

LAL is not always the most likely place to find scum, but it's often the most advantageous place to lynch early in the game - either to catch lurking scum or remove unhelpful (and even hurtful) town.

Scum doesn't get an advantage by lurking, scum gets an advantage by posting a ton until they convince town to vote for someone they want to lynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2017, 02:03:04 pm »

why not Galzria?

Because I don't believe that's a legitimate reason. Why do you?

Mafia Record:

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »

I see. I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to read (post and say) less than I have or post and (say less than I have).

Sorry for the confusion. It was meant to be read as the second one.

Andrew hasn't said anything either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2017, 02:06:33 pm »

why not Galzria?

Because I don't believe that's a legitimate reason. Why do you?
I just don't think it's good practice to phrase your views as suggestive questions. I'd prefer you simply state them outright.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2017, 02:07:28 pm »

Maybe. But you do acknowledge that my vote for Dylan is just as good as your vote for Andrew?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

Scum doesn't get an advantage by lurking, scum gets an advantage by posting a ton until they convince town to vote for someone they want to lynch.
That statement is still true if you substitute "scum" by "town".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

That statement is still true if you substitute "scum" by "town".

Town can get an advantage by not sharing too much of their thought process.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2017, 02:19:18 pm »

Maybe. But you do acknowledge that my vote for Dylan is just as good as your vote for Andrew?

Is that your acknowledgement that you perceive my vote for Andrew to be just as good as your vote for Dylan? I hold that my vote for Andrew is better than your vote for Dylan. I acknowledge that we're both voting for people who haven't posted any content, however I'm more comfortable voting for the person with more posts.

And of course Awaclus would say that.

PPE: 2

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

This is demonstrably and historically false in -most- (not all) cases. In most cases scum does enough to not be the target of LAL, while participating enough to make sure they have opinions posted and varied in nature. Most scum tend to fall below average in post count, but not at the bottom. Rarely does scum want to be the leading voice in the game pushing lynches through that they know will be mislynches - and this is especially true D1, when the odds of a lynch falling on town without their extreme help is particularly high anyway.

Further, even if scum is choosing to be a loud voice in the game, they're creating far more interactions than the quieter ones, increasing both the likelihood that they're caught down the line, and increasing the chances we can follow a trail from them back to their partners.

Yes, scum CAN be a top poster and a loud voice D1 - but it's far more likely to come from town, and even if it IS from scum they're generally not the best lynch choice anyway.

With that said, vote: LaLight. Scummiest (imo) of the "middle" posters (LaLight, e, Swan, Skumpy, IDPTG, Chairs).

On the lurker side, I still think Raptor is scummiest - his responses have felt on point identical to me from his last game when he was scum - but I have no basis on which to judge his town play. Dylan could be scum, but there's nothing there to judge by. Andrew could be scum, but I'm withholding judgment for now.

Faust is town. Skumpy is townie, but feels forced (he did last game too, and like Raptor, I have no basis for scum!Skumpy). Everybody else is middling to me.

I will not lynch Faust or Skumpy today. e would probably be my next most "don't want to lynch".

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2017, 02:50:23 pm »

This is demonstrably and historically false in -most- (not all) cases. In most cases scum does enough to not be the target of LAL, while participating enough to make sure they have opinions posted and varied in nature. Most scum tend to fall below average in post count, but not at the bottom. Rarely does scum want to be the leading voice in the game pushing lynches through that they know will be mislynches - and this is especially true D1, when the odds of a lynch falling on town without their extreme help is particularly high anyway.

That's either a result of poor scum play or poor town play. If town is playing well, scum has to post a lot in order to change the course of the game to their liking.

Further, even if scum is choosing to be a loud voice in the game, they're creating far more interactions than the quieter ones, increasing both the likelihood that they're caught down the line, and increasing the chances we can follow a trail from them back to their partners.

It doesn't increase the likelihood that they're caught if their narrative is solid. They are completely in control of what they post.

Faust is town.

More like your scum partner.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »

unvote

Why not Dylan?

Yes, scum CAN be a top poster and a loud voice D1 - but it's far more likely to come from town, and even if it IS from scum they're generally not the best lynch choice anyway.

With that said, vote: LaLight. Scummiest (imo) of the "middle" posters (LaLight, e, Swan, Skumpy, IDPTG, Chairs).

On the lurker side, I still think Raptor is scummiest - his responses have felt on point identical to me from his last game when he was scum - but I have no basis on which to judge his town play. Dylan could be scum, but there's nothing there to judge by. Andrew could be scum, but I'm withholding judgment for now.

Faust is town. Skumpy is townie, but feels forced (he did last game too, and like Raptor, I have no basis for scum!Skumpy). Everybody else is middling to me.

I will not lynch Faust or Skumpy today. e would probably be my next most "don't want to lynch".

Why do you think Faust is town?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2017, 02:58:05 pm »

1. I feel like he is trying to sway the vote of an unexperienced player (i.e. myself)
Well I was. So what?

2. As it is not close dead line, why would you want to train someone without much evidence said person is scum
So stuff will happen and we don't stall out with everyone saying "well I don't have anything worthwhile to post".

4. As it stands rn, Faust is almost as good of a dylan. At least when it comes to scummy evidence
What evidence?

3. wording seemed rude to me, I don't like being told what to do. So why not vote him.
Fair enough, but that is not really a game-related reason.

1) to me thats a scummy move
2) I did something, voted you.
4) my point exactly, thanks.
3) its all game related.. because thats what you said in the game.

PPE: 2

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2017, 03:09:46 pm »

I'll do a reread soon if I have time.

Do you really need to reread here, or are you just trying to give the illusion of participation? There's what? 100 posts so far? This has been the slowest D1 in my memory.

Good point. Vote: IDPTG

Lame. Don't like it. I feel like I hear someone complain about how slow D1 is every game.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2017, 03:11:50 pm »

Well okay, if you don't have reads, just vote Dylan. That way at least you'll do something helpful.

vote: Faust

Please don’t tell me what to do  :)

Why are you voting Faust for this?

1. I feel like he is trying to sway the vote of an unexperienced player (i.e. myself)

Are you saying we shouldn't be scumreading inexperienced players?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.