Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Official Dominion Strategy Podcast  (Read 11474 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Official Dominion Strategy Podcast
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 am »
+1

It's linked on the blog.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 01:20:21 pm »
+6

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 02:15:16 pm »
+1

Newest episode is up, discussing the Nocturne Preview cards. https://dominionstrategy.com/2017/11/03/the-outpost-a-dominion-podcast-nocturne-previews/

donalddaisyduck

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2017, 11:16:33 am »
+1

How come I cannot find it on iTunes or Overcast yet? I really want to listen to it!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 12:38:52 am »
+1

This won't be a part of my life until i can play it in my car without using a web browser on my phone.  Has such a moment occured?  I'll install the nichest of apps.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 03:36:51 am »
+2

This won't be a part of my life until i can play it in my car without using a web browser on my phone.  Has such a moment occured?  I'll install the nichest of apps.
You can use a youtube-to-mp3 site to get mp3's of the podcasts, and put those on your phone.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 10:03:38 am »
+4

You can use a youtube-to-mp3 site to get mp3's of the podcasts, and put those on your phone.

This is 300% too much work; most people don’t even regularly sync their phones with their computers anymore.

That said, if you have YouTube Red, you can at least play the podcast in the background. It won’t save your place like podcasting apps, but it is barely tolerable.

I agree this needs to be a real podcast and on real podcast providers soon, there just needs to be a place to host mp3s and an RSS feed.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 09:25:20 pm »
+5

Haven't started listening yet, but I will soon, so I hope there are more episodes to come!

Why haven't I already been listening, and what is changing that? My answer to the first part is the same as many others'....

Is this available via standard podcast apps?

While normal videos should certainly aim to be short, the audience for podcasts typically wants something lengthy, as they listen to them during long commutes or work.

I agree, but then I think YouTube is a bad delivery service. Not everyone has mobile data or has WiFi on their commutes, so I think it's important that it's easy to be able to download the podcast and listen to it offline

It is easy to be able to download YouTube videos (or just the audio if you want that).

I did download the podcast to listen to it, but I shouldn't have to go to another site or use other software to make a podcast listenable for me. Also, if it's so easy, then my suggestion to make the podcast also available in a downloadable audio format should be easy for BA or Seprix to implement, too. And this isn't even considering the extra level of convenience that would come with integration into iTunes, Google Play, or other similar services. That might be a bit more difficult, though; I don't know.

I may have been too harsh on YouTube podcasts in my original comment, but I think it's a reasonable suggestion that they should consider multiple formats.

Yeah I think it's fine to have it primarily in video format, but if I can't get the audio via Overcast or whatever it's probably a no go for me. Otherwise I'm not really sure it's a podcast, which is fine, but then just call it a youtube channel.

I agree with this. There are several podcasts I listen to that are just the audio of a video show. While my preference is for podcasts that are designed to be audio-only, these audio-from-video versions are usually pretty good.

But yeah, if it's not somewhere my podcatcher will see it (in this case, the iOS Podcasts app and iTunes), there's less than a 1% chance I'll ever listen to it.

Have you guys made any more moves towards getting the podcast up on the iTunes store (where basically all podcast apps can get it from?) I love podcasts to listen to on commutes and in the lab off of my phone but I'm never going to sit in front of a computer and listen to an hour+ podcast on youtube.

This. As an avid podcast listener and sometimes Dominion player, I'm very much in the market for this, but not if I have to go on Youtube for it.

How come I cannot find it on iTunes or Overcast yet? I really want to listen to it!

I agree this needs to be a real podcast and on real podcast providers soon, there just needs to be a place to host mp3s and an RSS feed.

Today I had a great idea for a website I could build: you could enter a YouTube channel URL, and then the site would convert the channel feed into a podcast feed. Now, many of my ideas only go as far as a half-baked bit of code on my computer that takes hours to get up and running when I return to develop it further after the initial burst and I've forgotten how any of it works, and most of the rest of my ideas are things that actually already exist. Fortunately for all of us, this was the latter.

I found podsync.net, and got a URL for the podcast that I was able to load into the Apple Podcasts app with the "Add a Podcast by URL..." feature, so hopefully this works with Overcast and other podcast apps too.

https://podsync.net/k7oYrtcSS

The feed at this URL does consist of full videos--so mobile users may still want to take care to not use cellular data when downloading episodes via the podsync link--but playing only the audio with the screen off works just fine on my iPhone.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 02:15:22 pm »

From both camps...

If your answer is to "just download it", then a suggestion may be in order.  Some of them do NOT let you download clips more than 10 to 20 minutes due to copyright reasons.

If you'd like for the podcast to host its own files, then a suggestion on some sites and tools may be in order as well.  YouTube may not be convenient for us to download, but they do make it easier for those that want to upload content.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.