Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The When of the Matter  (Read 10747 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +235
    • View Profile
Re: The When of the Matter
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:45 pm »
+1

Sure, you have more cards in the deck. Nevertheless, it is a highly nontrivial statement that the optimum deck composition will make terminal draw collision less often as the deck size grows. In fact, I feel just the opposite.

As for the Vp cards, that's true, I just feel the OP is not speaking of this stage, as he mentioned that you can draw better things as well.

ecq

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
Re: The When of the Matter
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 09:38:43 am »

Sure, you have more cards in the deck. Nevertheless, it is a highly nontrivial statement that the optimum deck composition will make terminal draw collision less often as the deck size grows. In fact, I feel just the opposite.

As for the Vp cards, that's true, I just feel the OP is not speaking of this stage, as he mentioned that you can draw better things as well.

It depends on the deck.  In a big money deck, terminal draw collision becomes less likely as the deck size grows if you're not adding terminals to the deck.  Late in the game, you're probably picking up victory cards rather than terminals, so you're decreasing the chance of terminal collision.  In an engine deck that depends on card density, terminal draw collision becomes more likely as the deck size grows, because you're less likely to connect your terminal draws with your +actions.

This is why big money decks start buying green around turn 6 while engine decks wait until the last minute.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.