Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Obstacles: Beyond the Five Deck Types  (Read 28044 times)

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
Re: Obstacles: Beyond the Five Deck Types
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2017, 06:17:29 pm »
+1

I think Polk has some valuable suggestions, and I think it might be because this should really be two separate (but obviously related) articles? I'd have to go re-read the OP to really make sure this makes sense, but it seems like you could have:

1. Overcoming obstacles as a way of developing a strategy for a board.
2. A new deck type classification system based on your obstacles from article #1. I would be hesitant to re-use WW's deck type names since your system defines them differently.

One more thing that just occurred to me is that a lot of the confusion is based around the terms "deck type" and "strategy". During these discussions, it seems like those two terms are sometimes used interchangeably and sometimes as two entirely different concepts.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Obstacles: Beyond the Five Deck Types
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »
+1

One more thing that just occurred to me is that a lot of the confusion is based around the terms "deck type" and "strategy". During these discussions, it seems like those two terms are sometimes used interchangeably and sometimes as two entirely different concepts.

I always use them interchangeably.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.