Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Dominion Strategy Blog Returns!

(1/19) > >>

Beyond Awesome:
Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am now managing the Dominion Strategy blog. Now that the blog is under new management, I am looking for new articles to post up. So, if you have an idea for an article, feel free to post it on the forum. I am especially interested in beginner strategy articles for our Dominion 101 series. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me, or post them below. I am open to hearing everyone's feedback.

Below is the official announcement from the main blog page.

--- Quote --- More content is coming to the DominionStrategy blog!

Quite a few years have passed since this blog started, and unfortunately, there has been a while without really any substantial posts or updates.  However, the DominionStrategy blog has come under new management and our new administrator, Beyond Awesome, is assembling a team of writers and Dominion experts to bring weekly content to the blog for new and veteran players alike.

Our tentative schedule is currently:

Mondays: Dominion 101 – a weekly column with advice geared toward new players, to help them get up to speed on Dominion strategy
Wednesdays: Game Analysis – we look at a particularly interesting game, and dissect it
Thursdays: Experts Corner – a weekly guest column where we invite a high-level Dominion player to share their experience with articles geared toward veteran players
Friday: The Outpost – A podcast hosted by Beyond Awesome and Seprix, discussing the latest Dominion news and strategy
Also, keep your eyes out for previews of the upcoming expansion Nocturne.

We hope you enjoy the new blog!
--- End quote ---

JW:

--- Quote from: Beyond Awesome on September 12, 2017, 02:17:32 pm ---Wednesdays: Game Analysis – we look at a particularly interesting game, and dissect it
--- End quote ---

It would be great if there was a well-formatted log available after Dominion Online games to anyone with the hyperlink, regardless of subscription. Links to these logs from this column would be good advertising for Dominion Online. This column would also be easier to write if links to well-formatted game logs were easily available. Having available game logs might also resurrect the game report forum, which would provide sample games to analyze. Maybe you can talk to Stef about this.

tripwire:

--- Quote from: Beyond Awesome on September 12, 2017, 02:17:32 pm ---Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am now managing the Dominion Strategy blog. Now that the blog is under new management, I am looking for new articles to post up. So, if you have an idea for an article, feel free to post it on the forum. I am especially interested in beginner strategy articles for our Dominion 101 series. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me, or post them below. I am open to hearing everyone's feedback.

--- End quote ---

Great news! Could you please give a little more information on what qualities you are expecting for the beginner strategy articles? Do individual card articles count? Should it be geared toward base only players? Should it just be about general principles (e.g. the deck type articles)? Is anything fine as long as it doesn't get too caught up in edge-case minutiae?

Finally, if we have article ideas, but aren't likely to write them ourselves, where should we share those ideas? Here? Should I make a "articles ideas" thread in the articles section?

Thanks!

weesh:
I'm thrilled!  That blog was my first window into strategy more complicated than balancing the number of +actions and terminals my deck had. 

How will the podcast be distributed?  Will I be able to find it on my podcast app? 

SCSN:
Good luck!

I'd be happy to contribute with an essay on Silver and when not to buy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version